TMC Announcement at Glasgow - a chance to win a 9F!

tmc

Guest theonlydt

Most of my steam guesses are already gone. Modern image seems to preclude the "new tooling" to me, so Class 104 DMU. I count at least 6 liveries, saw service all over.

I expect to be wrong.

• Like 1

Hi

I don't know if it's a coincidence that Leggomanbiffo announces a new class 91 recording this week.

But I also think that the Nugget in the video is maybe when they mention "Albion". Now Albion was a famous bus/truck engine builder based in Glasgow. So could be a Dmu with an Albion engine. I'll be totally wrong, but I'll stick my neck out and say a class 91.

Stephen

Edited by ayrmrg

• RMweb Premium

Hi Guys

My guess well a hope really is a fireless locomotive how nice would that be and really unexpected lol

Thanks

Alan

Apart from a couple of mine that have been destroyed by some weird conflagatory force, all 4mm loco's that I have encountered are fireless so I fear you may be disappointed.

D.O.P. E. Barsteward 

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

As a first step into loco commissioning you would think it would be something relatively simple. Available in lots of liveries would suggest something industrial . I’m not sure what liveries fireless locos were or even if it’s a large class, but it may we’ll be something along these lines.

I think another good suggestion above is the Steam Railcar . Many liveries could apply to the individual names of them, although they were all Green and Cream I think. That’s one that geographically fits ie North Yorkshire and Scotland . Would be some good names, weren’t they named after Stagecoaches .Tally-ho.

Do we know it’s in conjunction with Bachmann? If it is it might suggest something a bit bigger that as others have pointed out would go in the main range in years to come . I think I did see somewhere last year that Bachmann were working on commissions again. On the other hand, what was the box that was on his desk , it had Railway tracks on it . Is that DJ models?

I’m amazed that some have suggested rolling stock as the TMC forthcoming announcement as Chris Yates in the video clearly states that the model will be a locomotive.

There was some emphasis on a tender having LMS transfers put on in the video so my feeling is the loco will be from that Company or one of it’s constituents.

As the announcement is in Glasgow, how about the Jones Goods loco.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A 15XX is purposeful and conceptually invigorating with its gesticulating valve gear and whilst I agree with some of the things that have been said about them, the aesthetic implications of the gesture resonate throughout the substructure of critical thinking.

Touché! Love the humour of your response to my (impertinent) comment!

John Storey

• RMweb Gold

You go for your little panniers, I want a little NBL shunter but can't see that happening. Heljan have given us 05's and soon a 07, Hornby have given two versions of the Sentinel so at the moment it seems small is beautiful

I completely agree, though I also hope not, I paid a small mortgage and a kidney for a cute little kit built D27xx a few years back.

• RMweb Premium

As people have already said all the loco's I first thought of how about something like an RSH 0-4-0ST?

Failing that, how about a Wickham Trolley in full LMS crimson lake with Stanier streamline go faster stripes?

Ralph

Lambton58

I wonder if the announcement being north of the border is significant?

I hope not.

With the farm being within spitting distance of the NYMR, it would be appropriate for TMC to do one of their own.

I'm going for a J27.

PS. Mind you, with the prize being a 9F, maybe it's a Tyne Docker????

Edited by RBAGE
  • Like 1