A Nod To Polfairol

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Welcome to a start of my new layout project in 7mm based on a might of been after leaving Bodmin NORTH [Pencarrow] in North Cornwall. My good friend Chris [Twomanyspams] and I plan to exhibit the two layouts as one eventually with mine replacing his fiddle yard at the right hand end.

I plan to use a Tim Horn baseboard and have shunting of the new stock releases from Lionheart and Minerva plus the stock from Pencarrow including Chris's WEP kit built clay wagons.. I have an idea for a passing flair loop.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69736-pencarrow-bridge-boards-completed-pg59-post-1465/?p=989455

post-126-0-88350900-1522570010_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-45557100-1522570111_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-02418000-1522570166.jpg

More to follow...

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Rob,

If you keep the fiddle yard as is, but also add 4mm track, you could build your section in 4mm rather than 7mm, but just have it further away from the viewers at the exhibitions.

Your train could then leave Polfairol and a matching train then enter Pencarrow.

If you add the flair loop in front of the FY, it would have to change gradually from 4mm to 7mm, which would be impressive.

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Premium

Rob,

If you keep the fiddle yard as is, but also add 4mm track, you could build your section in 4mm rather than 7mm, but just have it further away from the viewers at the exhibitions.

Your train could then leave Polfairol and a matching train then enter Pencarrow.

If you add the flair loop in front of the FY, it would have to change gradually from 4mm to 7mm, which would be impressive.

I had some old wagons in my first trainset which were variable gauge - the wheels used to slip on the axles.

• RMweb Premium

Welcome to a start of my new layout project in 7mm based on a might of been after leaving Bodmin Road [Pencarrow] in North Cornwall. My good friend Chris [Twomanyspams] and I plan to exhibit the two layouts as one eventually with mine replacing his fiddle yard at the right hand end.

I plan to use a Tim Horn baseboard and have shunting of the new stock releases from Lionheart and Minerva plus the stock from Pencarrow including Chris's WEP kit built clay wagons.. I have an idea for a passing flair loop.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69736-pencarrow-bridge-boards-completed-pg59-post-1465/?p=989455

attachicon.gif45xx Wadebridge.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN2925 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifNaughty chair.jpg

More to follow...

Bodmin Road? Bodmin North please Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hmmmm should I follow this or remain true to ANTB ......Decisions, decisions ?

H.Ardrivespacesaver

Stay loyal Grahame, trust me, you can have both.

Is that at the mouth of the river Grockle?

Nah ! They'm usually full of Kellys Ice Cream and pasties !

Devon Nose

Rob,

Will this involve Templot and hand built track and do you have a basic plan that you can share or is it too early to ask ?

• Like 1

Wadebridge.

Let's play spot the Beattie Well Tank

Tiz hiddin in they shed me 'ansome  :onthequiet:

post-20303-0-38939600-1522587954.jpg

( John Cornelius. Copyright)

• Like 3