A Nod To Polfairol

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Rob,

Will this involve Templot and hand built track and do you have a basic plan that you can share or is it too early to ask ?

That's Chris's department as it has to line up correctly with Pencarrow although I could always lay some Peco to start with.No plan yet.

That's Chris's department as it has to line up correctly with Pencarrow although I could always lay some Peco to start with.No plan yet.

Thanks mate, FWIW may I suggest waiting ( he said chomping at the bit himself ! ) and build some proper job points, I think you'll be more satisfied eventually.

Welcome to a start of my new layout project in 7mm based on a might of been after leaving Bodmin NORTH [Pencarrow] in North Cornwall. My good friend Chris [Twomanyspams] and I plan to exhibit the two layouts as one eventually with mine replacing his fiddle yard at the right hand end.

I plan to use a Tim Horn baseboard and have shunting of the new stock releases from Lionheart and Minerva plus the stock from Pencarrow including Chris's WEP kit built clay wagons.. I have an idea for a passing flair loop.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69736-pencarrow-bridge-boards-completed-pg59-post-1465/?p=989455

attachicon.gif45xx Wadebridge.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN2925 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifNaughty chair.jpg

More to follow...

'Ere, 'ang on a minute.......has all this got 'ewt to do wiv todays date ?

Sleepy Joe

• Like 2

Following early trials with a newly acquired locomotive and prior to an Easter roster, the crew of 5700 hastily try to use an old tried and tested method in an attempt to stem the flow from a leaking pannier tank !

post-20303-0-83191300-1522593176_thumb.jpg

Happy Easter 

post-20303-0-19399800-1522593491.jpg

I'm confused.

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Rob,

If you keep the fiddle yard as is, but also add 4mm track, you could build your section in 4mm rather than 7mm, but just have it further away from the viewers at the exhibitions.

Your train could then leave Polfairol and a matching train then enter Pencarrow.

If you add the flair loop in front of the FY, it would have to change gradually from 4mm to 7mm, which would be impressive.

Stubbers, stop drinking the liquid poly.

Its taken a bit of finding but I reckon there's a reliable scenic supplier for your layout trees mate.

Superbly lifelike and slightly different to the oaks and willows you're used to on Brent.

post-20303-0-10044400-1522619587.png

Grab some whilst we're part of the EU and create a Nod to Europe !

Available from :

Giovanni S. Pagboli

1, Grande Albero,

CONOSCO I MIEL POLLI

Rome 

XX1 3VV

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1