How to weather?

Hi people.

I've decided I'm going to weather my models now. I'm working in N gauge and I have little or no idea on techniques and the equipment I'll need.

Is there a step by step weathering how to on the internet (preferably for N gauge)?

Thanks.

Hi people.

I've decided I'm going to weather my models now. I'm working in N gauge and I have little or no idea on techniques and the equipment I'll need.

Is there a step by step weathering how to on the internet (preferably for N gauge)?

Thanks.

The Art of Weathering by Martyn Welch

Published by Wild Swan - ISBN No I 874103 119

Some good reference photos and a bit of knowledge about where the dirt collects and how it collects on each loco is advisable!

Also a compressor/airbrush etc as propellant cans don't really give the required finish.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not N gauge but this from the old forum may be of help - I've used the same method on N gauge items before with no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

So Jack (Rob?) - was anything above of any assistance to youhuh.gif

Oh didn't realise there were so many replies. It will be, I'll certainly be reading those threads and probably will eventually buy the book.

Archived