Kernow Wagon - IZA Cargowagon Twin Van

rembrow

I have been trying to find out what kind of traffic these wagons would do in Cornwall and images of them but all i can seem to find is the bogie version of the Cargowagon. If anyone could help tell me where i can find images and information i would appreciate there help.

Thanks,

Samuel. 

Bagged china clay? There were also a series of trains in conjunction with the solar eclipse a few years ago, carrying mineral water.

• RMweb Gold

I have been trying to find out what kind of traffic these wagons would do in Cornwall and images of them but all i can seem to find is the bogie version of the Cargowagon. If anyone could help tell me where i can find images and information i would appreciate there help.

Thanks,

Samuel.

Bagged China clay. I have seen pictures of these wagons in Cornwall in trains hauled by classes 37, 47 and 50 (they came after 45s disappeared from Cornish workings) at least but can’t remember where I saw them.

• RMweb Gold

Looking through my notes -

International Traffic

Pool 0184 Hfirrs 3 International - not sure of traffic

Pool 0177 Hfirrs 3 and 4 - Evian

Domestic Traffic

Pool 0183 18 x Habfis2 80 tonne bogie vans - EWS

Pool 0195 29 x EVS

Pool 0189 3 Habfis 1 - ECC

Pool 0101 20 Hfirrs 3 - EWS

Was the Evian traffic the flow which was running to Neasden at one time?

• 2 weeks later...

238029290463 at Ely Potter Group showing off a replacement door 10th August 2001.  The door was the result of a 'sideswipe' at St Blazey.  I dealt with damage claims on PO wagons and had to settle this one.  The door cost EWS over £8K, the job was completed by Wabtec who used an 'aluminium fabricator'.  They made an excellent job.

I will look through my archives and see what I can find out regarding Cornish traffic.  I have a couple of industry colleagues who worked down at St Blazey, who might be able to pin down the traffic.

attachicon.gif238029290463.jpg

Thanks for the information. It is interesting to know how much it cost back then for a repair i bet it would be a lot more now. 

That wagon number is one of the models Kernow have choosen to do.

Bagged china clay? There were also a series of trains in conjunction with the solar eclipse a few years ago, carrying mineral water.

Thanks for the information. Do you know when the solar eclipse was? 

Bagged China clay. I have seen pictures of these wagons in Cornwall in trains hauled by classes 37, 47 and 50 (they came after 45s disappeared from Cornish workings) at least but can’t remember where I saw them.

Thanks for the useful information. Do you know if they these wagons were in block or individual formation? 

I have photos of Evian liveried wagons at St Blazey working China clay.

They were pretty regular and I have seen as many as 4 sets on the Enterprise services.

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the useful information. Do you know if they these wagons were in block or individual formation?

In Cornwall they were used in small numbers in the formation of speedlink trains, not block trains. There’s also a photo on Flickr taken in 1992 of 37672 picking up a couple of IZAs from the exchange sidings at Bodmin Parkway, so they were used for the Fitzgerald Lighting traffic as well.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just another quick question did these wagons work in Cornwall from when they were first released and did they work in multple (same wagons) or individually (with other wagons)? 

Thanks,

Samuel.

Page 73 of 'Modelling the British Rail Era' has a photo of a 'twin-set' at Trevalour Dries in October 1988

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

In Cornwall they were used in small numbers in the formation of speedlink trains, not block trains. There’s also a photo on Flickr taken in 1992 of 37672 picking up a couple of IZAs from the exchange sidings at Bodmin Parkway, so they were used for the Fitzgerald Lighting traffic as well.

Thanks, i have found the image on flickr and have now bookmarked it.

The solar eclipse was 11th August 1999

Thanks.

Page 73 of 'Modelling the British Rail Era' has a photo of a 'twin-set' at Trevalour Dries in October 1988

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

[/url]Bodmin Parkway 37 672. by mailrail, on Flickr">https://8251337051_a26363a3d0_k.jpgBodmin Parkway 37 672. by mailrail, on Flickr

Edited by bubbles2
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

Hi i have done some more researching on these wagons but can't seem to find a photo or video of one in the revised livery all the ones i have seem to find is the ones in original livery.

So my question is did these wagons run in Cornwall with the revised livery?

Thanks,

Samuel

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 23:04, BR Blue said:

I saw the sample at Warley and it looked very good. 

Looking forward to this model.

Yes - it did look great to me too.

Thoroughly looking forward to mine arriving in due course!