All new RTR PGA wagon in 2mm scale

Grimleygrid

Hallo,

Forgive this 'basic' question: is this the same type that were in ARC livery? That would be a rake sold to me.

Thanks in advance

es grüßt

pc

Unfortunately these are a different batch/design of PGA, and as far as I'm aware, they never appeared in ARC livery.

If you scroll through the list of galleries on Paul Bartlett's site you can see all of the different batches of PGA, and each of them has a different hopper shape and different end ladders and walkways.

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/poaggregate

I think the old Farish model is actually accurate for one of the ARC batches, and with the TPM detailing kit can look very good. But I'm not sure Bernard is supplying the kits anymore ...

Justin

Edited by justin1985

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi the website is currently down due to an update of current projects. We are planning it to be back on over the weekend.

As for the 4mm PGAs, they are progressing well.

The LaFarge wagons are now complete with the Redland due to be finish in the coming week ready to ship.

Just a few of the LaFarge wagons on the rack.

post-6894-0-19156200-1540555518_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I spoke to Bernard a while back and he advised there was a lead time, but they were available in principle.

Are there any contact details for Bernard as I have a rake of the old Farish PGAs I would like to upgrade using the detailing kit. Alternately, is there anyone on here who has a stash of them in their gloat box they would be willing to move on.

Pm me if you can help

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't help with the older stuff, but right up to date a mix of white and white with black boxes are in use on flows in the London area. They seem to load at Cliffe quite a bit, running to places like Tolwoth. Often seen mixed in with ex RMC JGAs. They can on occasion turn up on other Acton based flows, such as the Tarmac trains to Moreton on Lugg and Whatley. You won't see them mixed into a Mendip consist though

Jo

Jo

Can anyone provide a bit more guidance about the dates and traffic flows of the various different liveries?

I gather that the liveries are in chronological order, but it would be good to have a few dates to hang this off

J

Good evening Justin,

If you visit the information section of our website the Historical Trains Formation guide should be of interest:

http://cavalexmodels.com/?page_id=47

Hope that helps.

Good evening Justin,

If you visit the information section of our website the Historical Trains Formation guide should be of interest:

http://cavalexmodels.com/?page_id=47

Hope that helps.

Yes, thats excellent info! Sorry hadn't clocked that there were PDFs there.

So for mid-late 1990s into very early 2000s I probably want one or two of the older Redland livery, and mainly the later Redland :)

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

Just a new years reminder. The 2mm PGA is currently open for pre order. If anyone is interested in these wagons it would be prudent to order as we cannot make them without customer support/demand.

The pre order discount is in place and will be until the end of february.

Visit our website for details.

Cheers.

Cav

Edited by RBE

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

I finally tracked down some photos I had been meaning to upload for a while.  These show the PGAs on offer from Cavalex in rakes with the JGAs offered RTR by Farish, or in kit form by the NGS, or with the older Farish PGAs which can be tweaked with the TPM kit:

Manea -the JGA here is the curved sided type as offered by the NGS in kit form:

post-420-0-73691200-1546684160_thumb.jpg

Same train, this is the Farish type JGA:

post-420-0-97032700-1546684148_thumb.jpg

Whittlesea - with NGS type JGA and two of the older style Farish PGAs behind the leading Cavalex-style PGA:

post-420-0-09757700-1546684187_thumb.jpg

Here is another Redland/Lafarge train at Barway - the short single track section between Ely and Soham.  I love the higgledy-piggledy look of the consist - a real break from the uniformity of lots of modern block freight:

post-420-0-04616500-1546684365_thumb.jpg

I hope these provide a bit of inspiration!

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I always flash past too quickly to get a photo (and there’s often a 377 in the way!) but there’s often a similar mixed consist at Purley, often more JGA-heavy, exactly what I’m planning to recreate, and a perfect excuse for a small number of the superb looking PGAs.

• RMweb Premium

Mixed rake at Purley again this morning, looks like 6Y58 from Cliffe, mainly JGAs, but about 8 PGAs, including a couple still with Lafarge lettering. The green logo was very faded, but the lettering was very obvious. Others blanked out and some totally blank, so an excuse for 3 different variants!

Mixed rake at Purley again this morning, looks like 6Y58 from Cliffe, mainly JGAs, but about 8 PGAs, including a couple still with Lafarge lettering. The green logo was very faded, but the lettering was very obvious. Others blanked out and some totally blank, so an excuse for 3 different variants!

When I was looking on TOPS the other day, lots of them seem to be at Cliffe, so it seems to be a bit of a hub for current operations

Jo

njee20 and Jo, I know that up until recently they have still been running in full rakes:

43734182334_2d181a92cb_z.jpg66053 is seen at Denton working a Tolworth to Hoo Junction up Yard freight on 3-9-18. Copyright Ian Cuthbertson by Ian Cuthbertson, on Flickr

43482675034_a87551894f_z.jpg66165 Hoo Junction 170818 by Dan Adkins, on Flickr