10 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Thanks for the video, Andy! :) 

I am surprised you’ve succumbed to the box-opening format, though... can we expect an ASMR version next? :biggrin_mini2:

I think he just wanted to tell everyone about his speed awareness course and happened to have an O gauge HUO in his hands - or it was a 4mm HUO and he has small hands. :)

• Funny 3

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Patrick said:

I am surprised you’ve succumbed to the box-opening format,

Oh I just love box-opening videos! Back when I were a lad we only had rude jokes and rubbish 70s sit-coms to laugh at but the world's your lobster now Terence.

Feel that box; ooh and that polythene. ;)

• Funny 4

I've had my couple for hoppers for a day or so.

My only comment so far is that some of the detail parts seem a little fragile - I've got one broken brake lever guide and one become detached as soon as I got it out of the box.  Wonder how thwy will stand up to the rigors of exhibitions?

Guest teacupteacup

Quick question if I may, are the sprung coupling hooks easy to remove?  Just thinking of how easy they would be to convert to DInghams?

• RMweb Gold
On 22/02/2019 at 10:13, AJon30 said:

I've had my couple for hoppers for a day or so.

My only comment so far is that some of the detail parts seem a little fragile - I've got one broken brake lever guide and one become detached as soon as I got it out of the box.  Wonder how thwy will stand up to the rigors of exhibitions?

Hi there,

Here they are performing at Model Rail Scotland over the weekend, seem to be standing up very well so far. I will upload some video when I get back to Dublin next week. Something may have had a knock in the journey through the courier system but they seem pretty robust usually?

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

Ref Dinghams - The spring and loop attachment to the coupling hook can be seen from underneath. However there is an amount of detail (operating arm and levers to end hopper doors) that would make access less than ideal. With a bit of gentle prodding the operating arm & levers can be loosened but the whole assembly seems to have been dropped in from above so it will not come out without some surgery.

Fran. OK, well I have had a tie bar come adrift and the axle box dropped out. Luckily the tiny spring in the top of the axle box did not go walk-about but you may need some spares of those, as once dropped they would not be found again. I went round and applied a bit of solvent to the tie bars ends as they appear to be just a push fit?

Andrew

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, AJon30 said:

Ref Dinghams - The spring and loop attachment to the coupling hook can be seen from underneath. However there is an amount of detail (operating arm and levers to end hopper doors) that would make access less than ideal. With a bit of gentle prodding the operating arm & levers can be loosened but the whole assembly seems to have been dropped in from above so it will not come out without some surgery.

Fran. OK, well I have had a tie bar come adrift and the axle box dropped out. Luckily the tiny spring in the top of the axle box did not go walk-about but you may need some spares of those, as once dropped they would not be found again. I went round and applied a bit of solvent to the tie bars ends as they appear to be just a push fit?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

The tie bars are secured with a small bit of glue but not overdone to allow removal for RE wheeling to finer wheel standards. That will allow the tie bars to be replaced after. This errant one may have seen too little glue used! We’re sorry about that and we do carry spares if needs be.

Re coupler removal, could just snip the spring with track cutters and slide out the hook? Just an idea.

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold

I was able to sneak away from our stand over the weekend to grab a bit of video of our HUOs in action on the superb 'Dubmill Sidings'. Many thanks to the crew for facilitating me! They will look even better when they get the full weathering treatment!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

My HUO turned up today. The model looks very good and captures the wagon well. Unfortunately 2 buffers had come adrift and were loose in the box so I had to glue them back on but not a big problem. The only issue I noticed was the brake blocks don't seem to line up too well with the wheels which is a shame. Overall a good effort though and it runs nice and smoothly which is important. Well done Accurascale from me!

• Like 1

On 14/02/2019 at 15:26, 071 said:

Hi everyone,

As you may know we've had rather a quiet week so far! However, it's about to get a bit busier now our O HUOs are in stock! We think they've turned out very nice indeed, but we are a tad biased! 

As you know, we are doing 4 pre TOPS and 4 TOPS, and they are pictured below in order between A and H. Wagons A-D are pre TOPS, while E-H are TOPS.

832756821_HUOA.jpg.170b932b9302920461baa3aea857b10c.jpg

833923106_HUOB.JPG.2ff80d5ccce7370830cffc5795a5dd50.JPG

39094457_HUOC.jpg.19248accd36c27eb53e01721a7a690d5.jpg

728233070_HUOD.jpg.02174db7f393def51bb48fcfcc036ef6.jpg

1236985599_HUOE.jpg.3407e8dd65d2d0dcac25bb352e4581dc.jpg

1379807528_HUOF.JPG.119c85d38265987caa7bfdfb11561208.JPG

228266188_HUOG.jpg.99c94395d00d8390b7bd02d00de51548.jpg

845968174_HUOH.jpg.7c18e93dceb3ba1aa44a3d488a5dec7b.jpg

More info including video f them in action available here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/o-gauge-hoppers-now-in-stock 

We are also doing packs of sprung self contained buffers too (With baseplates!) in 7mm as an accessory pack: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/buffers-o

Both wagons and accessories are only available direct from Accurascale. You can order online or buy on our stand at shows such as Model Rail Scotland next weekend or Ally Pally in March.

Cheers!

Fran

Here are prototype photos of some of them

B333635 https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brhopperhuo/e81232042   Derby 8-76

B334438  https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brhopperhuo/e1a297c4e  Toton 9-78

B337128 https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brhopperhuo/e1a297c4e   Newstead colliery 6-77

B333722 HUO  https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brhopperhuo/e173faebb   Toton 9-86

B333800 HUO https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brhopperhuo/e833b38f   Wellingborough 4-81

Paul Bartlett

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, south_tyne said:

Apologies if this is a silly or far too simplistic question, but we're these hoppers mainly run in block rakes or could a handful be suitable for a micro layout type of project? 

Hi There!

Both! They ran in block trains but they also ran mixed with 16 ton and 21 ton mineral wagons, also we have seen photos of them in mixed trains with vent vans etc.

HTH

Fran

• Informative/Useful 1

42 minutes ago, 071 said:

Hi There!

Both! They ran in block trains but they also ran mixed with 16 ton and 21 ton mineral wagons, also we have seen photos of them in mixed trains with vent vans etc.

HTH

Fran

Cheers Fran, that's very helpful. Although it's not really testing my resolve to avoid temptation and my wallet may not forgive you....... :jester: 

You just need to do a 21t hopper now so we can complete the set :derisive:

• Funny 2

1 minute ago, Irish_R_M said:

@Jintyman I have to enquire about the rust wash - enamel, acrylic, gouache ? It's quite effective! The weathering beneath the solebar is wonderfully subtle and really well considered, top job! RM. 

Unfortunately not available anymore as Modelmates have ceased trading, but it was a 'home brew' mixture of Modelmates weathering washes applied and then left to dry overnight. Once dry and hardened, a cotton bud dipped in water was used to remove most, leaving the dirty rust areas you can see. The subtle rusting of the underframe is simply an AK Interactive dirty brown wash, applied, mostly removed and then a gentle application of rust powders where needed. 

No airbrushes were injured during this process ;)

I do believe that Modelmates weathering liquids are now known as 'Dirty Down' weathering liquids, I've recently purchased a bottle of their Rust liquid to try.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1