I think that it looks great, a proper goods shed does dominate the rest of the yard and there's no way of knowing how much of the non railway side of the yard exists off stage. 

Also it would have been designed for horse drawn carts. I'm looking forward to seeing this scene develop.

Good to see you don't have any forklift pallets lying around, that's way worse than buses on bridges!

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Don't know why it takes you so long to finish things though

Probably because I’m a fussy ‘so & so’ and I’ll have painted it five times before I’m happy with it :lol:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I think that it looks great, a proper goods shed does dominate the rest of the yard and there's no way of knowing how much of the non railway side of the yard exists off stage. 

Also it would have been designed for horse drawn carts. I'm looking forward to seeing this scene develop.

Good to see you don't have any forklift pallets lying around, that's way worse than buses on bridges!

I might be able move it along a little, in this case the whole of the yard is visible so perhaps it was much bigger before the road came along and it was scaled down due goods being taken off the railway and moved by road?

Funnily enough I did look into when pallets and when they were first used, I decided they looked too modern 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I might be able move it along a little, in this case the whole of the yard is visible so perhaps it was much bigger before the road came along and it was scaled down due goods being taken off the railway and moved by road?

Funnily enough I did look into when pallets and when they were first used, I decided they looked too modern 

It's bang on where it is, the road and obviously the landscape into which it is cut would have been there long before the railway or canal,so the goods yard fits in the available space.

Very little in the way of palletised goods in civilian circles until after WW2. I was admiring a beautifully well modelled prewar rural station recently, the only thing that jarred was the number of pallets in the goods yard. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

Yes I know it looks cramped :blush: but it would have been much worse with the Ratio Good Shed kit, luckily the mechanical horses were designed to have a very small turning circle 

I would say not cramped, but industrious.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve applied the first coat of grey primer, once dry I’ll go over it to clear up any details that need it and give it a second coat.

The first coat has picked out some of the details and also highlighted some areas that need a little fettling, particularly around the window arch areas

86EEF3C2-2241-480C-82A3-88E16FB05FEC.jpeg.292125470613849ba41faabf414fcc5e.jpeg

After much thought I’ve decided to paint the inside an off white but I’ll leave that until I’ve finished the outside

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

I’ve applied the first coat of grey primer, once dry I’ll go over it to clear up any details that need it and give it a second coat.

The first coat has picked out some of the details and also highlighted some areas that need a little fettling, particularly around the window arch areas

86EEF3C2-2241-480C-82A3-88E16FB05FEC.jpeg.292125470613849ba41faabf414fcc5e.jpeg

After much thought I’ve decided to paint the inside an off white but I’ll leave that until I’ve finished the outside

I considered naming my layout Much Fettling, but on second thoughts will probably go with Chuffnell Regis

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Indomitable026 said:

Glass top and lit well-shaft required...

I know someone whose kitchen is extended over what used to be the back yard and they have that for a breakfast table.

What was once a breakfast table is now my train bodging table.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I know someone whose kitchen is extended over what used to be the back yard and they have that for a breakfast table.

What was once a breakfast table is now my train bodging table.

Train bodging 

Think we’re on the same wavelength here.

ha ha

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

You have the greater part of it built though.....

Yes that’s true but it’s going to take a little longer using that crane to lift the roof assembly into place

5 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

....is that a coat of scruffy whitewash inside it?

It’s just overspray from airbrushing on the  primer

I’m going to brush paint the inside with Vallejo ‘off white’

• Like 4