It's a long time since I last went to Polperro. It's a good spot to start out from and visit lots of other places. 

Staffordshire oat cakes are good, particularly when filled with well done bacon, black pudding and grated cheese.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I see I'm not the only one who got up at stupid o'clock. :jester:

Nope. Disappointingly for one who finished work some four hours ago.........I am awake. 

Back in work this morning. I can see tthat today will be a tad tricky at times. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
Jaded hooves
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Nope. Disappointingly for one who finished work some four hours ago.........I am awake. 

Back in work this morning. I can see tthat today will be a tad tricky at times. 

Rob

I hear Queeny is visiting early next month to re-open the Welsh Parliament, I can see how that might cause sleepless nights. 

Edited by Stubby47
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Never heard of them, sounds interesting.

Wiki is your friend.

Chorley cakes are flattened, fruit filled pastry cakes, traditionally associated with the town of Chorley in Lancashire, England. They are a close relative of the more widely known Eccles cake, but have some significant differences. The Chorley cake is significantly less sweet than its Eccles cousin, and is commonly eaten with a light spread of butter on top, and sometimes a slice of Lancashire cheese on the side.

A Chorley cake is made using currants, sandwiched between two layers of unsweetened shortcrust pastry, whereas an Eccles cake uses flaky puff pastry, which after baking is normally a deeper brown in colour.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold

Safely home from the land of pasties and cream teas

Absolutely peeing it down for most of the journey which wasn’t very pleasant on the motorway but I just took it steady so it took longer than it should have

It doesn’t help that I take notice of the advisory speed limits on motorways, if it says 50 that’s what I do even though I believe you can choose to ignore them if you want too

Never ceases to amaze me just how many drivers don’t bother to put their lights on when visibility is so poor

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7