How much of the Oxford Toad are you still using at the end of it?   Again, quietly suggesting you sell these, not a bad idea to build around Oxford parts.    They're not too dear at the end of the day.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, longchap said:

Oowh, white painted veranda ceiling, possibly almost cream. How lovely. I should stop there, otherwise this post could become quite long. Suffice to say, that is a lovely toad Chris. Count me in for one should you do a production run. I'll need to be able to fit DG couplings to the chassis, just saying. No, sorry, just dreaming of particularly fine stock. Well done that man 👍

Looking forward to seeing developments over the weekend.

Best,

Bill

Thanks Bill

for such a small wagon it’s taken a surprisingly long time most of the time (ignoring the design and printing) has been removing the support structure and tidying it up

I thought I’d gone a bit too far planking the veranda roof, as for the colour the underside is just white primer.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AlfaZagato said:

How much of the Oxford Toad are you still using at the end of it?   Again, quietly suggesting you sell these, not a bad idea to build around Oxford parts.    They're not too dear at the end of the day.

parts from the Oxford chassis include:-

NEM coupling pocket, buffers, coupling hooks and the brake gear.

The wheels are some Hornby ones I had because the Oxford spindle is longer than standard and I designed it to suit ‘off the shelf wheel set’

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

It's looking very good, once painted it looks like an injection moulding. 

Thanks Rob, there are a few areas I’m not happy with but I’m still learning the capability of my printer so at some point I’ll make myself another one 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Thanks Rob, there are a few areas I’m not happy with but I’m still learning the capability of my printer so at some point I’ll make myself another one 

It's bloody brilliant. Don't knock yourself. And yes definitely consider selling them. I'm certain plenty of modellers would buy them.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

It's bloody brilliant. Don't knock yourself. And yes definitely consider selling them. I'm certain plenty of modellers would buy them.

Thank you

I'm not knocking myself this time, it’s silly things like it sits too high and the buffers don’t sit level

I needed to paint one and put it together though otherwise I wouldn’t have spotted these things

If others want one I’ve got to make sure it’s right

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Thank you

I'm not knocking myself this time, it’s silly things like it sits too high and the buffers don’t sit level

I needed to paint one and put it together though otherwise I wouldn’t have spotted these things

If others want one I’ve got to make sure it’s right

This is your first attempt so there are bound to be slight misalignments. Detecting them and putting them right is a good thing. This is exactly what the big boys do so your not alone and look what they pass of as acceptable.

So chin up. We are here.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

As part of my R and D I’ve looked at printing one complete with brakes so you don’t have to use an Oxford donor

BD2F7524-52EE-468F-B718-782E0E9A1C77.thumb.jpeg.37edd4cc2eff474bdf8e7efb004afa34.jpeg

It can be done but they are quite fragile, one got broken off whilst I was trimming the supports but I’ll get there

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Could you print the brake shoes and hangers on a separate sprue and allow for these to be fitted once the wheel sets are in place into a square slot to save breaking them off in the clean up

Why didn’t I think of that

However due to small parts and the increased difficulty level I’ll have to increase the age on the box 😂 

• Funny 9

22 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

However due to small parts and the increased difficulty level I’ll have to increase the age on the box 😂 

So that's for children up to the age of 70 then is it.

• Like 3
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

Chuf-fix series 3. Suitable for ages 14 and up. Paint and glue not supplied.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, longchap said:

I'll need to be able to fit DG couplings to the chassis

I use DGs and I find that they can be screwed to an empty NEM pocket quite easily.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Bought the combined long and short handrail version they do. I'll let you know how I get on when it arrives.

In other news: Does anyone know what happened to all that hottest day of the year lark? 

Yesterday the skies were BR unfitted grey and this afternoon we went for a hurtle on the bike and came back frozen!

• Friendly/supportive 4