NEW Class 156

charliepetty

surely it wouldn’t have cost much to do the light properly rather than printed on, after all you had the cab door window added.

The Cab door window is there on ALL models, there is a plastic door in front of it on later models, just like the real thing.

We would require a new circuit board and front light LED Cluster and mouldings.

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Not sure if this has been asked in a previous post somewhere but has anyone tried changing the destination blinds on these and how easy/difficult would this be?  I'm about to push the button on a couple of Provincial ones but may need to change destination at one end....

Not sure if this has been asked in a previous post somewhere but has anyone tried changing the destination blinds on these and how easy/difficult would this be?  I'm about to push the button on a couple of Provincial ones but may need to change destination at one end....

HI

Its just a print so its a case of getting rid of that and adding in what you want.

Regards Arran

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok starting to get a little excited about these now they are just around the corner, our East Mids and EWS/DB layout is coming along niceley.

Quick question; I ordered DCC ready version, what options will there be for sound when they arrive? or can I upgrade to a sound fitted model? Thanks.

Ok starting to get a little excited about these now they are just around the corner, our East Mids and EWS/DB layout is coming along niceley.

Quick question; I ordered DCC ready version, what options will there be for sound when they arrive? or can I upgrade to a sound fitted model? Thanks.

The website has sound options & Non Sound DCC options on there..

The units have been delayed 'Again' and the Chinese new year looms!!  If all goes to plan the EMT ones are now March.   Charlie

The website has sound options & Non Sound DCC options on there..

The units have been delayed 'Again' and the Chinese new year looms!! If all goes to plan the EMT ones are now March. Charlie

Let's Not Forget :

Why on Earth did Rapido go running around telling various model magazines that all variants would be available at Warley ???

False information from Rapido serves No useful purpose at all to anybody.

It only serves disappointment !!!

Edited by Perfect Paul

Does that mean the Provincial liveries will now be April-May?  I know that when it comes to China a Tombola machine is more predictable but a "without prejudice finger-in-the-air" guesstimate is fine.

Just curious for financial planning purposes!

We just don't know at the moment, sorry.   Charlie

Let's Not Forget :

Why on Earth did Rapido go running around telling various model magazines that all variants would be available at Warley ???

False information from Rapido serves No useful purpose at all to anybody.

It only serves disappointment !!!

Sorry for this but it out of our control, all we get is all the flack!   'SORRY'   Charlie

Sorry for this but it out of our control, all we get is all the flack! 'SORRY' Charlie

No apology required Charlie.

I think most of us realise that you and Arran have done all of the research & development for this fine model, as well as investing God knows how many thousands of pounds of your own money !!!

It doesn't seem right that once Rapido take control of the model, then the "False promises" start appearing from Rapido.

It would be nice if Rapido (Jason & Team) actually "owned up" to getting their schedules wrong and their reasons for this, instead of making numerous incorrect announcements about delivery dates for Warley.

As modellers we understand that delays can and do happen for various reasons, but why have Rapido gone shouting from "The Rooftops" about stock being available for Warley, and then they have disappeared into thin air, leaving you to take the "Flack" from customers.

They should be supporting you, and helping you manage their error !!!

Seems very unfair to me !!!

Edited by Perfect Paul

Seems like Rapido has a busy schedule, there’s a lot of HO stock marked early 2019.

https://www.rapidotrains.com/new-product-delivery-schedule/

I'm not surprised that Rapido have got a busy schedule ahead of them this year.

They produce some very nice models indeed.

I just wish they would be a bit more honest with us, the "Great British public" and not publish incorrect information in all of our magazines, and then go very quiet on us, leaving others to face the "Flack"

Not a Good way of doing business !!!

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by Perfect Paul

I'm not surprised that Rapido have got a busy schedule ahead of them this year.

They produce some very nice models indeed.

I just wish they would be a bit more honest with us, the "Great British public" and not publish incorrect information in all of our magazines, and then go very quiet on us, leaving others to face the "Flack"

Not a Good way of doing business !!!

Cheers,

Paul

I don't think it's just the British models that delivery dates slip, most of the Canadian models just suffer the same problem. It's just the nature of the industry.

I don't think it's just the British models that delivery dates slip, most of the Canadian models just suffer the same problem. It's just the nature of the industry.

Hi,

I get that delays can and do happen, irrespective of the model being produced.

I just wish that Rapido were a bit more "Up front" with us, instead of informing the model press about Warley availability, they could have told us that they were nowhere near being finished.

The majority of modellers understand that there can be delays.

Tell us the truth, and earn our respect by doing so.

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by Perfect Paul

It must be very frustrating for Charlie especially considering what the initial target date was as listed on the website. I have a feeling mid year people should start getting their hands on the Provincial variant. After having paid for what is an expensive tooling it makes perfect sense commercially to get as many livery options out as soon as possible.

We just don't know at the moment, sorry.   Charlie

I expected as much, not to worry.  I just hope it doesn't slip into Q4 as Heljan are already threatening to release bankruptcy-threatening numbers of AL6 electrics and it looks like the Bachmann 158 is also pencilled in for then.

I am looking forward to the model though.

I expected as much, not to worry.  I just hope it doesn't slip into Q4 as Heljan are already threatening to release bankruptcy-threatening numbers of AL6 electrics and it looks like the Bachmann 158 is also pencilled in for then.

I am looking forward to the model though.

East Midland Trains is first, so within two months I believe. (3 weeks for Chinese New Year)  The Provincial will be later than that.   Its really bad, because we are missing all the big shows that we could sell them at. But thats China for you, I should are known better!!!!!

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

Firstly these models look fantastic after seeing them at Stafford at the weekend.

I am looking at the EMT 156 on the website and it says that the rest of the deposit is due in 2018. If I reserve a EMT model with a deposit would I have to pay the rest immediately ie the full £230 or is it be possible to pay the remaining balance on a later date.

Many thanks,

Tom

4 hours ago, 43055 said:

Hi, 

Firstly these models look fantastic after seeing them at Stafford at the weekend.

I am looking at the EMT 156 on the website and it says that the rest of the deposit is due in 2018. If I reserve a EMT model with a deposit would I have to pay the rest immediately ie the full £230 or is it be possible to pay the remaining balance on a later date.

Many thanks,

Tom

Due to unexpected delays from China, this is now 2019.    Will update you on thr Provincial 'when I know something'  Charlie

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I'm late to this party... do you drop the VAT for us decadent Channel Islanders?  I really fancy one of these, but I'll need to persuade Mrs Bomp that it's a good idea.