The Ballycrochan LIne

colmflanagan

That looks absolutely lovely! Coincidentally just after liking the post I saw these on ebay, perhaps they may be of interest for some slightly freelance Caledonian stock:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caledonian-Coach-OO-Chocolate-Plum-RENDER-KIT-Hornby-Triang-Pullman-R228-x-3-/114713366045?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Thanks for the little 009 focus a few weeks ago on Northbrook Station, the buildings look lovely and the stock is charming. 

Didn’t Triang make some actual CR coaches, to go with loco 123, fifty plus years ago? Or, we’re they faked-up LMS coaches too?

Theres a thread about them here, which seems to rate the basic body shell quite highly  

Edited by Nearholmer

Hi,

yes, indeed they did, I have a rake of three late versions (metal wheels etc) to go with my Caledonian Single 123. They are 64' long and are a vaguely generic model as som many r-t-r coaches were in those days - the roof and underframe are pure BR Mk1.....and no interiors yet either.   I have seen some excellent conversions to more realistic Caledonian ones using the sides (or part of them) in conjunction with old mainline LMS 57' panelled coaches - but other projects have had a higher priority.-

Caley mod #2.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

The latest loco on the Ardglass, Northbrook  & Stranraer narrow gauge - Ffestiniog Double Fairlie "Earl of Merioneth". A trifle "buzzy" sounding but that may smooth out in time, it's not so noticeable in "real life" as it is on the video.  It really needs a crew in the cab though. Very tall and /or corpulent 4mm figures need not apply!

• Like 5