Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Morning Mr P

Have you seen them nice Danish chaps is going to make you :read:  a Class 56  :dancer:  , a revised class 33  :swoon:  and for Pen-whatever-it-is a G*R railcar.  :nomention:  That's Dee's pension spent. :good:

Yeah, I need a 47 first, then maybe a 33 depending on how my Lima conversion comes out, and a nice, Blue 56, AND A Nice Railfreighr 56. Yeeeekksss, :O  :scared:  :scared: need to sell me new Car next. :no:

No Railcar though, not my scene.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Hahahaha   l remember 'Deesdale Road'  being just a small plank and look how big that became ????...

georgeT, on 01 Sept 2018 - 08:36, said:snapback.png

Hahahaha   l remember 'Deesdale Road'  being just a small plank and look how big that became ????…

Andy P further comment

"Yep, the plan was for 4.5ft plus 2ft f/yard, it's 22.5ft and still growing".

I have no plans to make it longer but have other ideas that may or may not come to fruition ... the snag (best thing about it) is that it's a great layout to run even if most of the points are still 'on wire'.

Peter

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Spot on Don, I had decided to change from a sector plate to a Traverser last night. One advantage is that I only need to move the traverser a distance of three track, and that is towards me. I had already noted the tightness for fat fingers, luckily mine are thin and boney, but if I wanted to insert or remove a Loco on say Track 5, I may need to clear stock on the adjacent track. Also bear in mind, there will be room for two Locos on each Road, so again, just moving back or forward may give me enough finger room.

We will see.

Sounds ok to me you are obviously well aware of the pro and cons of one against the other.

Even with my rotating traverser I had to have the layout far enough out from the wall to enable the front track to align with the exit road.

post-8525-0-35368700-1448958594_thumb.jpg

It works ok at an exhibition though.  For the club layout it was decided that casettes would be the answer. You will be able to see it at the NEC. 

Don

Sounds ok to me you are obviously well aware of the pro and cons of one against the other.

Even with my rotating traverser I had to have the layout far enough out from the wall to enable the front track to align with the exit road.

It works ok at an exhibition though.  For the club layout it was decided that casettes would be the answer. You will be able to see it at the NEC. 

Don

Cheers Don, I have tried all three, Cassettes, Traverser and Sector Plates, and I have to say, almost every Layout where they have been used has eventually ended up with a Swiveling Sector Plate.

Also got some new ideas today. :sungum:

P.S. = I wont be at Warley, even though it's only a half hour drive from home, never enough seating, well that was the case last time I went, I ended up sitting on the floor about 3 times, and now with my duff Hips and Knees, I probably / almost definitely couldn't get up again. The car park charge is a rip off, and lastly, the last twice I have gone to see a special Layout = Bath Green Park and Wibbenshaw, the crowds were about 200 deep and I didn't get to see either.

The Traders also seem to add ***% to there best on line prices, or is that just me being a whinging old git, hahah.

Cheers,

The GRUMPY OLD GIT. :scared:  :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6

Cheers Don, I have tried all three, Cassettes, Traverser and Sector Plates, and I have to say, almost every Layout where they have been used has eventually ended up with a Swiveling Sector Plate.

Also got some new ideas today. :sungum:

P.S. = I wont be at Warley, even though it's only a half hour drive from home, never enough seating, well that was the case last time I went, I ended up sitting on the floor about 3 times, and now with my duff Hips and Knees, I probably / almost definitely couldn't get up again. The car park charge is a rip off, and lastly, the last twice I have gone to see a special Layout = Bath Green Park and Wibbenshaw, the crowds were about 200 deep and I didn't get to see either.

The Traders also seem to add ***% to there best on line prices, or is that just me being a whinging old git, hahah.

Cheers,

The GRUMPY OLD GIT. :scared:  :sungum:

The GOG? Surely not a Freudian slip? 

I missed you yesterday Chris, I came by to say hello but I think you had a day off for good behaviour.

Maybe another year.

Sorry about that, Andy. I was away auditing some church accounts in West Sussex. Sunday is always quiet at Guildex so we don't need at full strength.

• Like 1

I did pick up a rather nice new baby on Sunday from a friend of mine, a split head code Tractor to go with the centre head code one I got from George T, and the Large Logo Blue one.

Here she is, resting in the Yard.

post-9335-0-91144700-1535995284_thumb.jpg

Along with the 33, (still to be worked on) the Rat, and an 08.

post-9335-0-00358300-1535995335_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-25874700-1535995404_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-98697800-1535995445_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Nice addition with the 37!  Looking very modern now :). Is it still your intension to join SMS and PYB together?

Oh by the way, just between you and me .... I'd have a word with those S&T lads tho, they've left cables all over the place.  They are obviously assuming that any passing traffic will simply roll over the said cables ... rather than splicing it in two and causing not only signalling issues, but track circuit failures.  I feel a form one to the team foreman is due.

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 1

Hi Andy,

Nice addition with the 37!  Looking very modern now :). Is it still your intension to join SMS and PYB together?

Oh by the way, just between you and me .... I'd have a word with those S&T lads tho, they've left cables all over the place.  They are obviously assuming that any passing traffic will simply roll over the said cables ... rather than splicing it in two and causing not only signalling issues, but track circuit failures.  I feel a form one to the team foreman is due.

Rich

It never has been the intension to join the two Layouts Rich, I tried the 25 and 33 on PYB, but it just didn't look right, so that's why I'm building SMS as a completely new and detached Layout in it's own, more modern right.

PYB will be Steam only, apart from maybe the Black 08, and SMS will be Blue and newer Diesel only, one each side of TOPS.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It never has been the intension to join the two Layouts Rich, I tried the 25 and 33 on PYB, but it just didn't look right, so that's why I'm building SMS as a completely new and detached Layout in it's own, more modern right.

PYB will be Steam only, apart from maybe the Black 08, and SMS will be Blue and newer Diesel only, one each side of TOPS.

Ah sorry Andy, those S&T guys have obviously been giving me crossed wires! Sorry, I thought I’d read somewhere of a plan to link up, but keeping them separate with different eras makes sense and gives you variety.

Rich

Ah sorry Andy, those S&T guys have obviously been giving me crossed wires! Sorry, I thought I’d read somewhere of a plan to link up, but keeping them separate with different eras makes sense and gives you variety.

Rich

You now need to catch up on PYB. hahahhah. :no:

• Like 1

G'day Andy,

Just wondering what the Guards Van is  ( or from ) on your last images with the new split headcode 37

Ian.

I'm not sure, it was built by George T of tis Parish, and he gave it to me recently, a question to him and he will let you know, his posts and thread links can be found on here, or in the Kit Building section, http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/55033-georgets-7mm-workbench/page-113&do=findComment&comment=3288074 .

Edited by Andrew P

I'm not sure, it was built by George T of tis Parish, and he gave it to me recently, a question to him and he will let you know, his posts and thread links can be found on here, or in the Kit Building section, http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/55033-georgets-7mm-workbench/page-113&do=findComment&comment=3288074 .

Thanks Andy, I'll track him down and ask the question.

Ian.

• Like 1

Thousands of pounds worth (well just over £100 actually) of Ply delivered today, ready to start the new baseboards, which should be Saturday all being well. :sungum:  :sungum:

Now, now, I have told you a million times about exaggerating!!!!!

Have fun, don't get board...!

Now, now, I have told you a million times about exaggerating!!!!!

Have fun, don't get board...!

Cheers Kevin, me exaggerate, :O  naa, :no:  :no:  of the millions of Layouts I've built :O over the last few hundred years :O  :O  I've enjoyed them all. :sungum:

Back to more pressing matters and today I have to finalise some details of the board construction so that my mate the Kitchen fitter can understand what I need to achieve in the final result. 

He won't let me do the actual construction of them, as he knows I cant, hence his offer / INSISTANCE to do them for me.

• Like 1

Looking good George and pushing on with the model ,,,,, I haven't taken the lids off some of the Telford purchases yet  :jester:

Morning Gismorail, lt was very nice to meet up with you at last at Telford on Sunday and the cakes were very nice too, Hahaha , as l have cleared out all of my steam projects l am going to concentrate on some modern type wagons, so l have made an early start, look forward to meeting up with you and Jinty later in the year with Andy....

• Like 2