Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

O.K. In case anyone was wondering what all the jibberish was about on the previous page.

Basically I bought the NEW Rat from Craig last November, and David / Jintyman did the work on it. """ Now Craig wants it back, and has offered me another new one in exchange, """ that David will do the honours on, i.e. Sound, Ploughs Crew, Weathering etc, and I will do the swap over when I go to Wales in November.

So to sum up, I will have an all TOPS Fleet, once I have re numbered the pre TOPS 08, and later the 33 once the work on that is completed.

Ha Ha .... I only asked the question where does the pre-tops Rat fit into the 80's stock  :locomotive: !!! 

:O  ...... Andy after 10 minutes of thinking pre -tops or TOPs  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

Best regards

Craig.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

O.K. In case anyone was wondering what all the jibberish was about on the previous page.

Basically I bought the NEW Rat from Craig last November, and David / Jintyman did the work on it. Now Craig wants it back, and has offered me another new one in exchange, that David will do the honours on, i.e. Sound, Ploughs Crew, Weathering etc, and I will do the swap over when I go to Wales in November.

So to sum up, I will have an all TOPS Fleet, once I have re numbered the pre TOPS 08, and later the 33 once the work on that is completed.

It is a pity Noel Edmunds program Deal or No Deal is no longer aired, I was looking for some intellectual stimulation. :no2: :no2: :no2:

Ha Ha .... I only asked the question where does the pre-tops Rat fit into the 80's stock  :locomotive: !!! 

:O  ...... Andy after 10 minutes of thinking pre -tops or TOPs  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

Best regards

Craig.

You did threaten me with NO WELSH CAKES in November.

It is a pity Noel Edmunds program Deal or No Deal is no longer aired, I was looking for some intellectual stimulation. :no2: :no2: :no2:

I was looking for some intellectual stimulation. hahha

On here?

• RMweb Gold

Better comedy than late night TV it has to be said!!

Why do I get the feeling that Arthur Daily will be somewhere around here with all these deals going on :)

Rich

• Like 1

Better comedy than late night TV it has to be said!!

Why do I get the feeling that Arthur Daily will be somewhere around here with all these deals going on :)

Rich

Yes, he comes from North Wales as well, lots more wheeler dealings to do before November, hahah.

• Like 1

Oooh. I must say I'm liking the look of this. "O" gauge diesels. Very nice indeed.

Anthony prefers operating PDW now so KoLW might get ripped up. Your giving me ideas that will ultimately get me into trouble with the good lady. HaHaHa

Hi Mate, good to see you back, and I'm looking forward to seeing more update from Peak Dale Wood.

So far the O Gauge move hasn't cost me anything, the sale of the Layout and the OO Sound stock, plus all the Freight later when I offer that will more than cover the change, so who said O is more expensive? :O

You could do the change and treat Di to a Caribbean Cruise. :no:  :no:  :no:  :sungum:  

I'm looking forward to getting the baseboards laid now. :stinker:

• Like 1

It's amazing what turns up when you least expect it. :O  :sungum:  :sungum: NICE!

attachicon.gifIMG_5535.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5536.JPG

Wow what monsters! In the nicest possible sense.

I'm assuming the middle one is the Heljan 37/0 since I know nothing about diesels and resorted to the big H to browse their stock, what I saw there for some reason reminded me of a brain-teaser my dad used to ask me:

Q "A brick and a half weighs a pound and a half and half a brick. What does a brick weigh?"

A - less than a blΩΩdy Heljan Class 37 that's for sure!

Colin

I'm assuming the middle one is the Heljan 37/0 since I know nothing about diesels and resorted to the big H to browse their stock, what I saw there for some reason reminded me of a brain-teaser my dad used to ask me:

Q "A brick and a half weighs a pound and a half and half a brick. What does a brick weigh?"

Colin

They are little on the heavy side Colin, my mate Binny was around here last night to collect some OO Stock he had from me and could not believe the weight of the 37.

12oz

Jinty ;)

er, I'm not at all used to these arcane units. I know I'm old enough to have learned about pounds and shillings and ounces, but if a brick and a half weighs "x" plus half a brick, doesn't that mean that the brick weighs "x"?

In which case 24 oz

which is 680g in real money, and still lighter than my 52xx

best

Simon

• Like 1

Actually you are correct! Yes? 1lb 8oz.

The wording cleverly led me to take the extra half brick out of the equation and use it as an addition, where it was a part of the actual equation.

Overthinking is not condusive to accurate results!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Colin

12oz

Jinty ;)

er, I'm not at all used to these arcane units. I know I'm old enough to have learned about pounds and shillings and ounces, but if a brick and a half weighs "x" plus half a brick, doesn't that mean that the brick weighs "x"?

In which case 24 oz

which is 680g in real money, and still lighter than my 52xx

best

Simon

Actually you are correct! Yes? 1lb 8oz.

The wording cleverly led me to take the extra half brick out of the equation and use it as an addition, where it was a part of the actual equation.

Overthinking is not condusive to accurate results!!!

Jinty ;)

Meanwhile, back in the REAL WORLD, my 4 x Heljan Wagons arrived this morning, (see pics on previous page) TWO BIG BOXES, my goodness gracious me, and oh lummy what a size they are. I'm looking forward to weathering them with my 4 inch / 8 ounce Tar Brush.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Is it true that David Dickinson has just been spotted coming out of TOPs?

And heading for a Bath in Matlock, hahha.

For those that don't know, Andyram has a Model Shop in Matlock Bath. (see his link in signature)

• Like 1

And heading for a Bath in Matlock, hahha.

For those that don't know, Andyram has a Model Shop in Matlock Bath. (see his link in signature)

Thanks for the plug Andy.

Mr Dickinson has not arrived yet, but there have been one or two RMWeb members passing through. Website keeps growing too.

• Like 2

Thanks for the plug Andy.

Mr Dickinson has not arrived yet, but there have been one or two RMWeb members passing through. Website keeps growing too.

Sounds painful. :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :scared:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

I took the 37 up to our Club this evening for a run on the Dornoch Branch, Still not chipped so it was running on analogue, and wow, did that drain the power from the controller. But it was very quiet and so ran really well

Mind you the controller was hand built by a Club member long before Electricity was invented. :O  :boast:

• Like 2

I took the 37 up to our Club this evening for a run on the Dornoch Branch, Still not chipped so it was running on analogue, and wow, did that drain the power from the controller. But it was very quiet and so ran really well

Mind you the controller was hand built by a Club member long before Electricity was invented. :O  :boast:

I've heard the club have invested in a newer version Andy !  :jester:

post-20303-0-11054400-1535055918.jpg

J.Watt

• Like 1

Andy what was it like when you saw the first sparks electric stood with Dr Frankenstein? It must of been a thrill to be one of the first human beings to bear witness to such an invent ? ;-)

Best regards

Craig - The largest Heljan stockist of Rats in North Wales

Andy,

Back to scale trivia for a moment. If the model were scaled correctly for the size change from "OO" to "O" (1.77 times) it should weigh about 5.5 times in the bigger gauge! (1.77^3)

According to the H site, the Baccy Class 37/4 "OO" weighs in at 770g vs 4.17kg for your "O" gauge 37/0. This is 5.4 times so amazingly (to me anyway) it is scaled rather well for weight.

I hope you won't need a DCC chip rated 5 times as powerful, what sort of currents do these locos draw at peak load?

Colin

Edited by BWsTrains
  • Like 1