Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Realised I cant with that one as it has Nose Numbers as well. Doohhh. :no:

That should not be a problem Andy just make sure the numbers on the noses are heavily weathered ....

I'll buy you a brew mate, hahah cheers.

To wash them down ha ha

Been tinkering with the Track Plan this evening, I had the Points with the toes together, and would have made things difficult, as they were also close to the board join that didn't help.

To overcome this, I have now moved them in line, and have a far better flow.

You will also notice, (f you've been concentrating on previous pics) that an extra Point has been added to give me a run around loop for the 08 to shunt and play with some wagons.

post-9335-0-98624900-1535579766_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-28763100-1535579850_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-85971500-1535579935_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-49019200-1535579988_thumb.jpg

There will also be a 40 inch long 6 road swivelling sector fiddle yard, long enough for 3 x OAA's and an 08.

post-9335-0-96977900-1535580038_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

Andy

Are you sure you can get 6 roads in the sector plate?  I am thinking about a similar set up for the Dolgelley end of my layout and reckon only three, maybe four in much the same space.

The plan looks good though I have to say that I prefer fast expresses rattling through stations at speed as the ultimate aim for a model railway.  But we don't have the space for such a layout in 7mm scale, more's the pity.  So shunting it is!

Paul

That looks better, nice and busy and will really look the part once some overgrown areas take shape!!!

You can't beat a bit of shunting.

Jinty ;)

Cheers mate, I prefer the flow now, and can't wait to get the Track nailed down now, but still waiting for the Baseboards.

In the meantime I can do the Point mods and be ready to lay them soon.

Andy

Are you sure you can get 6 roads in the sector plate?  I am thinking about a similar set up for the Dolgelley end of my layout and reckon only three, maybe four in much the same space.

The plan looks good though I have to say that I prefer fast expresses rattling through stations at speed as the ultimate aim for a model railway.  But we don't have the space for such a layout in 7mm scale, more's the pity.  So shunting it is!

Paul

Cheers Paul, I hope six will go as it all revolves around that, I have tried it, and it seems wide enough with 4 inch Centre line spacing, and don't forget it won't be full of Locos  / Stock, as apart from a 47.I'm almost there Stock wise.

I enjoyed long freight on Kings Moreton, but never really got enough shunting done, so here we go. :sungum:

• Like 3

You will never have enough locos Andy, there's always one more Hahahahaha, looking good can't wait to bring my 60 down for a run ?

when it's all done...keep the pics coming..

Well maybe just one more Loco then, hahahha. :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

I'll need to reinforce the Baseboards if your bringing that 60 down mate.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Oh dear, that Mr Tait chap is a BAD INFLUENCE, just chatting on the old dog and bone, and he says he's going to re spray his Blue 37 into 3 tone Grey, so I says; well why not let me buy you a NEW 3 tone Grey one, and I'll have the Blue one. The deal was done, and that will be collected by David / The Jintyman later for YET another sound fitting.

So, David has a;

Large Logo 37 to Sound fit, hight intensity Head Light and Number and Modelu Crew.

Blue 37, Sound fit and Modelu Crew,

Blue 20 Sound fit and Modelu Crew

Railfreight 20 Sound fit and Modelu Crew.

I am also picking up another 37 in Blue on Sunday all being well.

So then later in the year, David will have the;

Blue Class 25/3 to Sound fit, Number and Modelu Crew,

Blue Class 40, 40118 Sound fit and Modelu Crew,

Blue Class 37, Sound fit, Number and Modelu Crew,

I have my 33 to finish, (well it's hardly started yet, it only has the Sound in so far). so that's a project for me, but I will also need to change the numbers as well now from a ''D'' Number to a proper 33 Number.

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear, that Mr Tait chap is a BAD INFLUENCE, just chatting on the old dog and bone, and he says he's going to re spray his Blue 37 into 3 tone Grey, so I says; well why not let me buy you a NEW 3 tone Grey one, and I'll have the Blue one. The deal was done, and that will be collected by David / The Jintyman later for YET another sound fitting.

So, David has a;

Large Logo 37 to Sound fit, hight intensity Head Light and Number and Modelu Crew.

Blue 37, Sound fit and Modelu Crew,

Blue 20 Sound fit and Modelu Crew

Railfreight 20 Sound fit and Modelu Crew.

I am also picking up another 37 in Blue on Sunday all being well.

So then later in the year, David will have the;

Blue Class 25/3 to Sound fit, Number and Modelu Crew,

Blue Class 40, 40118 Sound fit and Modelu Crew,

Blue Class 37, Sound fit, Number and Modelu Crew,

I have my 33 to finish, (well it's hardly started yet, it only has the Sound in so far). so that's a project for me, but I will also need to change the numbers as well now from a ''D'' Number to a proper 33 Number.

"D" numbers is proper numbers :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Getting a nice collection there Andy. What number are you doing the class 37?

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, yes the plan was for two or three, BUT with the 2 x 08's I think I'll be up to ELEVEN now, and that's BEFORE I go to Telford, haha

As for Numbers, as seen above, I chose 37238 on the one from George, as it has the curly body bit that goes under the big round springy things at the ends. :no:  :sungum:  He has numbered it this morning, good job I didn't need the Arrows doing, (see George's Thread). :O

The Large Logo is being done by David / Jintyman and he will sort out what numbers he has, I fancy Cwmbran if it has the right nose.

The other 37 that I'm picking up on Sunday should be a Split Head Code one, and so will need to sort out some numbers for that one later.

• Like 2

Hello Mate l have numbered your loco to 37238 as you wanted, will get Jinty to take it back home with him..

Thanks mate, really nice job, :sungum: and the right way up, :O BONUS.  :no:

Jinty will make it noisy for me.

• RMweb Premium

Hello Mate l have numbered your loco to 37238 as you wanted, will get Jinty to take it back home with him..

37238 still had its frost grills in place when fitted with dominos in the headcode box https://www.flickr.com/photos/locohunter/36279482752/, so they will also have been there a year or so earlier when the headcodes were wound to 0O00 as in your model, Andy. 

37238 still had its frost grills in place when fitted with dominos in the headcode box https://www.flickr.com/photos/locohunter/36279482752/, so they will also have been there a year or so earlier when the headcodes were wound to 0O00 as in your model, Andy. 

Thanks Andrew, I will fit the Frost Grills when I weather it, and let David know about the Dominos.

A pleasant morning was spent at the workbench with the door open and GOLD playing some hits from the 60's.

I have modified all the Points ready for laying.

Firstly cross wiring the switch and check rails with feed droppers, and my usual colour coding of Red and Black for the Track feeds, Black to the Back. easy to remember.

post-9335-0-63791900-1535646272_thumb.jpg

Next the Frog wires were cut away and a feed attached ready to go to the Point Motor. GREEN FEED.

post-9335-0-28453500-1535646392_thumb.jpg

Then the switch rails were soldered together where  Peco fit a Fish Plate, this not only gives a solid feed, but moves a lot nicer.

post-9335-0-04949300-1535646501_thumb.jpg

Next all the untidy gubbibs was removed from the switching section, I cut out 3 sleepers, and replaced them with 3 plain sleepers.The nipply bits will be removed from the tie bar when they are finally fitted and working.

post-9335-0-28190500-1535646618_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

If anyone wants a Dapol ''D'' Numbered 08, D3316,  I can do a deal for later 08 XXX numbered one, (but not 173) or sell it if anyone is interested.

post-9335-0-44419500-1535647207_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Andy

Paul

Cheers Paul, I hope six will go as it all revolves around that, I have tried it, and it seems wide enough with 4 inch Centre line spacing, and don't forget it won't be full of Locos  / Stock, as apart from a 47.I'm almost there Stock wise.

I enjoyed long freight on Kings Moreton, but never really got enough shunting done, so here we go. :sungum:

There is no trouble with the 4 inch track spacing it can go down to about 3.5 but you have problems picking up anything if there is stuff on adjacent tracks. That will be fine for a traverser, however a sector plate needs the tracks splayed at the entry to keep the tracks at the right angle. Also the approach tracks need curving in for the same reason. The shorter the sector plate the more the tracks need to be splayed.  What you have in the picture looks more like a traverser. 

Of course traverser or sector plate to use a track close to the wall is a problem really you need space to slide the trasverser or swing the sector.  Cassettes could be an answer but you then have a problem that you need somewhere to store full ones not in use else you cannot slide one across to another track. Sigh!

Don

There is no trouble with the 4 inch track spacing it can go down to about 3.5 but you have problems picking up anything if there is stuff on adjacent tracks. That will be fine for a traverser, however a sector plate needs the tracks splayed at the entry to keep the tracks at the right angle. Also the approach tracks need curving in for the same reason. The shorter the sector plate the more the tracks need to be splayed.  What you have in the picture looks more like a traverser. 

Of course traverser or sector plate to use a track close to the wall is a problem really you need space to slide the trasverser or swing the sector.  Cassettes could be an answer but you then have a problem that you need somewhere to store full ones not in use else you cannot slide one across to another track. Sigh!

Don

Spot on Don, I had decided to change from a sector plate to a Traverser last night. One advantage is that I only need to move the traverser a distance of three track, and that is towards me. I had already noted the tightness for fat fingers, luckily mine are thin and boney, but if I wanted to insert or remove a Loco on say Track 5, I may need to clear stock on the adjacent track. Also bear in mind, there will be room for two Locos on each Road, so again, just moving back or forward may give me enough finger room.

We will see.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8