Darlington Railway Modelling (DRM)

Hi Mike just found out you have the new shop open. I'll pop down hopefully in the next few days or so and say hi and probably spend some cash as well. I'm also after some advice regarding converting a farish 91 as well if you can provide it.

Best wishes

Kain

Decided to have a pop down to take a loco to get dcc'd and Mike worked his magic again and I have 2 Pullman coaches waiting to be paid for. I guess my guard must have been let down, either that or he's been away long enough for me to forget what it's like to be under his power. At least the missus saw the funny side of it when I said I've just spent nearly 40.00 (without the price of the loco decoder and fitting that is for which I origionally came in for).

Decided to have a pop down to take a loco to get dcc'd and Mike worked his magic again and I have 2 Pullman coaches waiting to be paid for. I guess my guard must have been let down, either that or he's been away long enough for me to forget what it's like to be under his power. At least the missus saw the funny side of it when I said I've just spent nearly 40.00 (without the price of the loco decoder and fitting that is for which I origionally came in for).

You know it makes sense Kain. Hope everything goes ok with your operation.

Just a quick heads up for the late night opening tomorrow. Pizza around 6.30.

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mike,

I have just spent the day at Scania trucks on Burtree Lane,when I got home I had a look at Autoroute and it doesnt look a million miles from you??.

Is it within walking distance and if not would I be O.K. to get a 44tonne artic parked outside??.

8hrs stuck in Scania when I could have had a peep at your new premises!!biggrin.gif

MickD.

Hi Mike,

I have just spent the day at Scania trucks on Burtree Lane,when I got home I had a look at Autoroute and it doesnt look a million miles from you??.

Is it within walking distance and if not would I be O.K. to get a 44tonne artic parked outside??.

8hrs stuck in Scania when I could have had a peep at your new premises!!biggrin.gif

MickD.

Hello Mick, I know the Scania truck place well (I have still got my Class 2 with Hiab), it's about a mile and a half walk. Easiest option is to park your artic on Meynell Road which is the goods access to Morrisons, somwhere around the back of the industrial units. 3 minutes walk. Or you could get your tyres checked out at Hi-Q also on Meynell Road which does HGV's. 2 minutes walk.

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply,next time Im in there I will pop in and see you,If I ask nicely they should let me borrow a van at Scania,bit easier to park than the artic.

MickD.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply,next time Im in there I will pop in and see you,If I ask nicely they should let me borrow a van at Scania,bit easier to park than the artic.

MickD.

But it will be easier to get all the stuff you buy in the artic than in the van ;)

Great to see the new shop Mike - nowhere needs a model shop more than Darlington! Very convenient location for parking you have there too. You can count on my support, and I’ll be in to spend some money shortly; as soon as I have some to spend that is. Remember to put one of those Bachmann O4s (LNER livery) aside for me if they arrive unexpectedly early. Cheers and good luck.

James. :)

Great to see the new shop Mike - nowhere needs a model shop more than Darlington! Very convenient location for parking you have there too. You can count on my support, and I’ll be in to spend some money shortly; as soon as I have some to spend that is. Remember to put one of those Bachmann O4s (LNER livery) aside for me if they arrive unexpectedly early. Cheers and good luck.

James. :)

Thanks James, your 04 is in the book and they will be here shortly.

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Brace yourself..... I'm on my way over!

I'm guessing that as you haven't posted since this afternoon, Mike has taken you arms in payment for items rolleyes.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

hope it was a good late night opening, sorry i had to miss it but i am now undercover in the deep south ready for the weekend.

cheers

Simon

I managed to survive.... although have promised to buy another very nice expensive model from the establishment. Dont worry Simon, its another one thats heading your way in time. Had to go to a meeting for Cubs so never get to the late night sessions there....

The Wallet is set to take a battering at the weekend too....

Crikey.... well if I go I might come back traumatised, but meanwhile, Im busy with work this weekend - earning money to pay for trains etc, and as a result not sure if I can make it through after all. Will try Sunday evening to get there if not will call back over Monday for the 67, etc.

Chat soon.... hope the weekend goes ok if you dont scare everyone off....

• RMweb Gold

This may be accompanied by some shorts...

I'm glad that i'm a few hundred miles away, not only taking peoples money but making them loose thier eye sight as well blink.gif blink.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Ooo! this topic has moved to it's own room, was it starting fights?biggrin.gif

Are you suprised unsure.gif , i mean really suprised rolleyes.gif , it will give the others a chance to stay on the first page wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Actually I knew about this new room last night, I just didn't expect the walls to be this soft! laugh.gif unsure.gif

It's just going to give you the chance to rip the p*** out of me in different threads.

Seriously it's going to give me the opportunity to advise of products and services, and Simon can have his own page too...

BTW Paul. i am expecting you to take your usual photo of me in an compromising or unflattering way (not difficult).

• RMweb Gold

to rip the p*** out of me in different threads.

we dont rip the p**s - we only speak the truth laugh.gif laugh.gif

and Simon can have his own page too...

and there was me thinking i had gotten away with it rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Archived