Darlington Railway Modelling (DRM)

Surely though Mike if there is a chance of a picture of you in shorts appearing on this thread surely it should have an age verification security thing on as it will scare the members from entering the thread or at least have a public warning attached lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Well he did it again, I went in and the wallet opened without my asking.

The good shop keeper that he is knew his customer very well!! knowing i was doing a OO9 layout too he mentioned during transaction of the N gauge track and pins, he told me about getting the OO9 flexi in....and you can guess what happened next....lol :D

Ready and waiting on that documentation you and I were talking about Simon.

• RMweb Premium

I finally arrived at DRM today and a very warm welcome from Mike. Its also the only railway modelling shop that I have been offered a cuppa and a choice of bikkies. Very Nice!!

Left later with a slightly lighter wallet and a very good sound loco at an excellent price.

Many thanks, Mike and I will be emailing you regarding the Class 37 offer

Peter

Great service and help from Mike today, biggrin.gif wallet nearly £50 lighterunsure.gif £70+ ordered too.

Why can't you just give the stuff away free as incentives to return lolrolleyes.gif

always helplful with further planned purchases.

Thanks Mike

• RMweb Gold

Why can't you just give the stuff away free as incentives to return lolrolleyes.gif

FREE! Are you trying to give Mike a heart attack?

Im sure Mike would manage to incoperate that in to future purchases unsure.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif without Stu knowing that he has just bought bits he didnt know he needed laugh.gif laugh.gif

cheers

Simon

I found the way to beat Mike. Take someone else with you and encourage them to spend money - he is that busy focusing he efforts on them and their wants you can get away scot free :D

Mind you, Mike will probably focus his efforts on me next time

It's all about getting the right stock in at the right time. There is a load of stuff coming in tomorrow which will be right up your street Ed.

I also won't be there as I am going walking in the Dales. So you can get in and out with what you want, rather than what you don't know you want.....

Mike

P.S. Supposed to be going out walking this afternoon, but the blessed Julia Bradbury is on all day on Blighty. However the lure of walking with the girlfriend has won. :)

• RMweb Gold

I found the way to beat Mike. Take someone else with you and encourage them to spend money - he is that busy focusing he efforts on them and their wants you can get away scot free biggrin.gif

Mind you, Mike will probably focus his efforts on me next time

I tried that and it did work, or so I thought. And yes as you say he got me the next timeblink.gif .

It's all about getting the right stock in at the right time. There is a load of stuff coming in tomorrow which will be right up your street Ed.

I also won't be there as I am going walking in the Dales. So you can get in and out with what you want, rather than what you don't know you want.....

Mike

Shame it will be next weekend befoe I can get back so Im sure you will be there to tempt me again Mike, there was something I had my eye on already in stock but I won't say what it is just in case.

Hey.... whats all this about taking someone else.... half the time your there with me!

I was there with my Dad on Sat and persuaded him to buy a sound 25, along with the only 3 thompsons and an art deco signal box. Don't worryt David I will persuade you next time we are there - think Simon still has that Fastline 66 :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

the fastline 66 went ages ago. You have to be quick in this game you know.

I may yet get to see tornado in the flesh if it's coming through at that time now.

Just need to get out of work early.

Cheers

Simon

Mike

P.S. Supposed to be going out walking this afternoon, but the blessed Julia Bradbury is on all day on Blighty. However the lure of walking with the girlfriend has won. :)

You going out with Julia Bradbury then?

Go on Wednesday afternoon and then pop over the road to see Tornado and Mallard go past about 5.06pm, they are booked off North Road at 5.01pm...

Thanks Anthony. There is a field between B & Q and Hopetown cut about 150yds from the shop, where you can see the West end of North Road loop over the Network Rail Palisade. See earlier in this thread.

Mike

Thanks Anthony. There is a field between B & Q and Hopetown cut about 150yds from the shop, where you can see the West end of North Road loop over the Network Rail Palisade. See earlier in this thread.

Mike

Hi Mike

Got your txt and hope to get the coaches done over the weekend, work is a bit manic at the moment and am currently practicing for my starring role with an Eb bass at Durham big meeting!!! God knows what I have let myself in for

Archived