Minerva Customer Service

Happy Hippo

• RMweb Gold

I was the recipient of one of the first  Minerva sound fitted 8750 Panniers.

To say I was pleased with it would be an understatement.

So you can imagine my distress when the rear rhs crank pin snapped.

Minerva immediately sent out a pair of replacement crankpins.

When I finally got around to removing the broken pin it was clear that the only way I was going to get it out was by spark erosion.

So I removed the errant wheel, set it up in my milling machine and carefully bored the crank out over size.  The plan was then to make a threaded bush which would accept the new pin.

I spoke to Chris Basten over the phone to confirm the thread size prior to making the bush; information he did not have to hand, but since I was going to Guildex at Telford, he would have it ready for me.

when I arrived at the Minerva stand yesterday, I did not get the thread size I'd requested, but instead was presented with a wheel set.

And when I say wheel set, it was not a pair of wheels but a full set of six, fully quartered complete with the drive gear, bushes, crank pins and rods.

A big thank you to both Chris B and Chris K.

That really is outstanding customer service.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

I was the recipient of one of the first  Minerva sound fitted 8750 Panniers.

To say I was pleased with it would be an understatement.

So you can imagine my distress when the rear rhs crank pin snapped.

Minerva immediately sent out a pair of replacement crankpins.

When I finally got around to removing the broken pin it was clear that the only way I was going to get it out was by spark erosion.

So I removed the errant wheel, set it up in my milling machine and carefully bored the crank out over size.  The plan was then to make a threaded bush which would accept the new pin.

I spoke to Chris Basten over the phone to confirm the thread size prior to making the bush; information he did not have to hand, but since I was going to Guildex at Telford, he would have it ready for me.

when I arrived at the Minerva stand yesterday, I did not get the thread size I'd requested, but instead was presented with a wheel set.

And when I say wheel set, it was not a pair of wheels but a full set of six, fully quartered complete with the drive gear, bushes, crank pins and rods.

A big thank you to both Chris B and Chris K.

That really is outstanding customer service.

Richard,

Thank you for the kind remarks. We greatly value our customers, many of which we consider to be our friends, and will always do what is necessary to keep them happy. We hope that your 8750 is back up and running sweetly as intended.

Regards,

Chris 

• Like 2

I'm not surprised at all. The way I was treated when I collected my Pannier at Telford last year was exceptional. I don't know which Chris it was, sorry, but despite a busy stand, I could've been the only customer there as they dealt with me, taking time to show me how to unpack the model (no R-T-R "box opening" jibes please!!) & giving me a demonstration run of my new loco.

It was such a different experience that it really stood out, & I truly felt like a valued customer. :good:

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

When my Victory arrived one crank pin wasn't screwed in far enough and was catching and locking the loco up. Due to the locktite used I couldn't screw it in any further.

Chris K couldn't have been more helpful, the loco was duly dispatched and a very short time later it came back in full working order.

Brilliant service.

A lot of suppliers could learn a thing or to from Minerva

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I’ll chip in and agree - great customer service. I’d acidentally knocked off one of the hangers from the bunker on my Pannier and lost it. Totally my fault.

Quick email later and one was sent out. Such good service definitely makes a difference.

Edited by maq1988
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Another positive vote here, I just bought a couple of locos, great informative service and communication, pleasant to deal with, did exactly what they said they would do - excellent.  Well packed too.

As I'm in the trade too I am always curious as to the service other traders provide when I buy things for myself that we don't sell - sometimes the experience is sadly lacking but not so here.  Thank you Chris B!

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Another vote here for Chris and the team.

A couple of years ago I bought a second hand Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0T. It has been weathered by the previous owner but otherwise appeared to be in good condition. After some time it was apparent that there was a bit of binding somewhere which spoiled the otherwise excellent running. Looking from underneath the coupling rod seemed to be misaligned. I took a photo and sent it to Chris to see if he had any suggestions and straight away he sent me a complete new set of wheels and coupling rods. When I asked about payment he said that it was obvious that the loco left the factory like that and he felt obliged to put it right.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Another happy customer ...having purchased a Manning Wardle at Guildex  I purchased a Pannier which unfortunately suffered some minor  damage in the post.

A phone call to Chris (Bason?)  and some replacement fittings were promptly sent to me.

I also wish to thank him for his patience answering some of my questions about DCC controllers

R

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Another vote from me. Whilst installing a sound chip in a pannier I damaged both balance pipes. After discussing with Chris on how and why, he was kind enough to mail me, at no charge, a pair of replacements. Very good service which is very much appreciated, more power to your elbow guys.

I have no connection with this excellent company other than a satisfied customer.

James.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1