Accurascale on tour

12 hours ago, 071 said:

Hi everyone,

What's more, we will be making TWO major announcements at the show on Friday at 11am. One is our next locomotive, and the second is some rolling stock. It will be our most ambitious plan yet, so make sure you drop by and see what it is. I promise I'll keep the speech really short this time! 

Cheers,

Fran

Thank goodness I read this, it resolves the conundrum of what I would like to buy this month, nothing now until this announcement it would appear.

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, D6975 said:

Loco and stock that go together?  Got to be a rebuilt B201 and ex railcar push pull set.

:D:D

Hahaha some day! I should point out though that it is an Accurascale project, so British outline and in this case both are 4mm.

All our IRM announcements are done at Irish shows.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Scottish show - scottish built loco no-one else has bagsied... simples!

Class 84 ....

Phil

Nah - it'll be Caley 419 plus a suitable coach.  I think 419 is the only accessible Scottish loco not yet snaffled for an r-t-r job.  however you never know they might have been looking in a certain museum in Glasgow.

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

19 hours latter and still not rejected!!  I'm getting hopeful!!

No denial on the class 91 and MK4s either. Would certainly tie up with the loco and rolling stock being linked...

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

19 hours latter and still not rejected!!  I'm getting hopeful!!

Problem with RMWeb, is if they rejected everything, eventually by dawn of the show, 5 minutes before announcement, everything ever made in the UK ever, will have been suggested and rejected, that someone will, by process of elimination, have guessed it, seconds before the curtain is pulled....

so they need to buy themselves a bit of time..

We need a really obscure clue Fran, like a close up of bufferbeam grease, or the grooves on a tyre..

• Agree 1

At first I thought maybe a class 33 and V cement tanks but that is maybe more apt south of the border.

Then a Class 91 and Mk4s which are simply cwying out for new tooling.

Maybe a whee humble diesel shunter and a prestwin.....

I've seen people ask the A team for a class 40  and a class 50, but what rolling stock could be special for these classes that has not been re-done recently?

(Edit: ah yes, the Mk2b and Mk2c are also screaming to be done).

Edited by JSpencer

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 18:03, 071 said:

Hi everyone,

Our next UK show is of course the fabulous Model Rail Scotland, where we will have the last of our 4mm pre TOPS HUOs (if they last that long!) for sale, along with TOPS and NCB packs, as well as the brand new 7mm HUOs for sale on our stand across the weekend.

As a 7mm modeller I'm more interested that the 7mm HUO will be for sale on the stand.

Does this mean that they have landed in the country now and pre-orders will arrive imminently?

Robin

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Robin Gristwood said:

As a 7mm modeller I'm more interested that the 7mm HUO will be for sale on the stand.

Does this mean that they have landed in the country now and pre-orders will arrive imminently?

Robin

Hi Robin,

They are currently en route through a couple of air freight flights and once the spot checks are completed the pre-order dispatch will begin next week!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 3

On 06/02/2019 at 18:39, adb968008 said:

Given their roots, i’m guessing its not going to be a Scotch Whisky wagon.

I wasn't a Newcastle Broon Ale fan until I went to survey the HUO in Tanfield either.. 

RM. 

• Like 2