RevolutioN Announces Crowdfunded N Gauge Class 128

MGR Hooper!

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Sithlord75 said:

Excellent - except they don't take VAT off!

Their system has automatically recognised my Australian address and taken VAT off for me before I've even ordered :)

With that saving I might even have to get two!

Edited by bingley hall
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

The price including VAT is £120 so if you have it showing as less then that then chances are the system has recognised you’re not in the UK and removed VAT. If you have been charged VAT there will be a line on your order showing the VAT amount (and if you think you shouldn’t have been charged VAT then drop us a message (though I’m away from home until tomorrow night with very limited signal). 

cheers Mike

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi, Ben and Mike

Could you please advise for the BR blue 128s: what type of headcode (marker lights or characters) will be carried by M55990, and also if W55991 will have headcode boxes or marker lights, and will its corridor connection still be in place, please? Hopping to place order(s) soon

Regards

Steve

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, stevea said:

Hi, Ben and Mike

Could you please advise for the BR blue 128s: what type of headcode (marker lights or characters) will be carried by M55990, and also if W55991 will have headcode boxes or marker lights, and will its corridor connection still be in place, please? Hopping to place order(s) soon

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

The description of each version on the order page gives this information.  From memory W55991in blue has marker lights.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

5 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hi Steve,

The description of each version on the order page gives this information.  From memory W55991in blue has marker lights.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi, Ben

I apologise for taking up your vaulable time - one more step along the ordering process and I'd have got there. Thank you very much for your reply. I'll be placing and order shortly!!!

Regards.

Steve 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Montyburns56,

The earlybird offer is intended to get orders in quickly so we know it will fly.  Giving a closing date would be counterproductive, as it will, inevitably, cause some to hold back and wait until the last minute. 

Once we reach the minimum orders needed there's no real point in keeping the earlybird offer open, but to be as fair as we can we try to send out a newsletter giving a few days warning.

Suffice to say that at the rate orders are coming in so far I reckon it won't be long - certainly weeks, not months.

In terms of when the models will be shipped, right now that is incredibly difficult to judge for all the obvious reasons.  I am hoping that we'll have first samples later on this summer, with decorated samples by the end of the year and maybe production starting soon after, but it's very difficult to say more than that.  Maybe Q2/3 next year..?

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ben A said:

Suffice to say that at the rate orders are coming in so far I reckon it won't be long - certainly weeks, not months.

Excellent news

2 hours ago, Ben A said:

In terms of when the models will be shipped, right now that is incredibly difficult to judge for all the obvious reasons.  I am hoping that we'll have first samples later on this summer, with decorated samples by the end of the year and maybe production starting soon after, but it's very difficult to say more than that.  Maybe Q2/3 next year..?

Soooo long to wait, Q2 sounds good though.

On 04/06/2021 at 05:36, Ben A said:

Hi Montyburns56,

The earlybird offer is intended to get orders in quickly so we know it will fly.  Giving a closing date would be counterproductive, as it will, inevitably, cause some to hold back and wait until the last minute. 

Once we reach the minimum orders needed there's no real point in keeping the earlybird offer open, but to be as fair as we can we try to send out a newsletter giving a few days warning.

cheers

Ben A.

It's brilliant to hear that orders are coming in strongly - deservedly so when all things considered it is a risky prototype to market. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined seeing an N gauge 128 produced.

Despite my initial enthusiasm, and I'm probably an exception, I'm having great trouble hitting the order button as none of my preferred options has been covered. In fact I'd go as far as to say a whole decade has been ignored - the late 60s to the late 70s. No green with SYP and no blue with headcodes, for either Midland or Western. 

Hovering between taking the risk that  this model will be so popular as to justify a second production run with different combinations, or going for the Midland blue with dominoes so that I don't totally miss out. 

Not a criticism as I do appreciate that you can never please all the people all the time, and also the challenges you face in bringing a model to the market. More a case of - if you ever change your minds :)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

The blue with dominoes is suitable for the 70s (headcodes stopped being used by 1976 earlier in some cases). Having said which if anyone wanted a head code version in blue it should be fairly easy to apply transfers over the dominoes. 

cheers Mike

On 05/06/2021 at 05:58, bingley hall said:

Despite my initial enthusiasm, and I'm probably an exception, I'm having great trouble hitting the order button as none of my preferred options has been covered. In fact I'd go as far as to say a whole decade has been ignored - the late 60s to the late 70s. No green with SYP and no blue with headcodes, for either Midland or Western.

You aren't, I too noticed that all the late '60s-mid '70s ones dissapeared.
However, I was planning on getting a BR(M) one in Blue with full yellow ends, and a BR(W) one in green with a yellow gangway door. Thankfully, the BR Blue (M) model has dominoes and not plated lights, which, as Mike has said, can be fairly straight forward to change, and the BR Green (W) model should be fairly easy to mask off the gangway door and paint yellow. Job done.

So, Pre-Order placed for two units... A nice heavy chassis please, so I can max out the tailoads!

• Like 2