mike hughes

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, mike hughes said:

I've cut out the seat ends for the 2-EPB, for the arm rests I'll use evergreen channel

Michael

IMG_2738.JPG

I need to make some seats for a coach and was toying with casting them. Presume you dont think it's worth bothering if you've cut out all the ends?

8 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

I need to make some seats for a coach and was toying with casting them. Presume you dont think it's worth bothering if you've cut out all the ends?

If you've loads of seats then yes its worth it, it took me longer to mark out the seats ends than to cut them out.

Michael

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can’t believe it’s taken me a year to fit the domes to the Westdale 114 parcel unit (page 2). I hoping the measurements I took off a 127 parcel car will be the same for the roller shutter door which would give me bit more incentive to do a resin mould. I’ve also made a start on putting together one of my Cross country DMU’s which I’m doing as a 120. 

Michael

A9B708B4-EFC1-4817-A134-4EED061FFFB1.jpeg

4EFDC75D-D25E-4F90-8556-B1B79BC554DC.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll return to the DMU etc later but decided needed to push a few wagons on bit further. They’re SR plywood and uneven plank 10 wb’ vans, a China clay wagon and a 1/185 iron ore tipper (10’ WB 8 shoe brake gear) masters

michael 

D21B66E6-4B1D-4F71-911C-39636F3F0025.jpeg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, mike hughes said:

I’ll return to the DMU etc later but decided needed to push a few wagons on bit further. They’re SR plywood and uneven plank 10 wb’ vans, a China clay wagon and a 1/185 iron ore tipper (10’ WB 8 shoe brake gear) masters

michael 

DMU can wait - keep pushing! :)

• Like 1

On 12/01/2020 at 18:20, mike hughes said:

michael 

Nice,

What are you using for the van roof(s)

• Thanks 1

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 23:46, The Bigbee Line said:

Nice,

What are you using for the van roof(s)

I use Parkside roofs and for the odd occasion slaters ones. For things longer than the usual vans then Peter Cowling vac formed roofs

Michael

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, mike hughes said:

Put some end detail on the 120

Michael

Took a while to work out what was going on with the 3 windows in the 2nd partition back but twigged the door is half slid open. Nice touch!

• Thanks 1