North Weald Module

Zomboid

I'll start by saying that I have no immediate intention of actually building this in the short term, but I've recently involved myself with one of the locos at North Weald on the Epping Ongar Railway, and from just watching the trains go by it struck me as a very interesting location operationally as far as preserved railways go, being used as a double ended terminus with occasional through trains (normally loco hauled trains to Ongar, and a DMU to Epping Forest, with occasional top & tailing, and the DMU sometimes runs through to Ongar, there always seems to be something going on, and rarely the same thing twice).

It also occurred to me that it would make a pretty good layout/ module, and with a minimum of compression I managed to get all the important parts of the track plan into a 9' x 18" module, though I had to slim down the loco yard a bit, and another 6" width in that area would allow it to be a bit more accurate, though probably no more fun to play with. It would be better with another 3' board to make it 12' long as the loop as drawn will probably only just squeeze in a loco plus 4 20m coaches. Signalling would be interesting with a mix of semaphore and LUL style colour lights, bi directional on both lines.

Epping is to the left, Ongar to the right.

Might build it if I do build a British module/ layout.

post-25860-0-10037300-1537303876_thumb.png

• Like 2