Cakebox Challenge - The End ( in a day...)

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

And what happened to your other entries Stub's :jester:

Too ambitious and lack of enthusiasm for them...

The stopwatch has started...…

I assume you mean 24hours?

What was on page 1?

You don't want to know about Page 1....

• RMweb Gold

A work in progress, the 200 word description.

" It's all changed, y'know. This road used to go right through to the High Street, before they chopped it in half. Old Mother's Bakery was just there, next to Simpson and Sons, Gentlemen's Outfitters. Both long gone. Across the road was the grocers, Wainwrights, and Jim the Barber. He did everyone round here.

But it's all gone. Sad, really. You could catch a bus on the corner and go up town for a night. Not anymore. And now Lightfoots has closed too The Missus used to get her bits and pieces there, and they sold hats 'n' things for weddings. The flat upstairs is still used by a couple of the local girls, but it'll be bulldozed too, soon. A new carpark for the station, I hear. And they call that progress."

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Not a sleeper built one then?

Regards

Ian

It's what I've got in stock, so the spear-point is also not an option ( after a quick check in the loft). I've used sleeper fencing before - good idea but none to hand.

• RMweb Premium

Amazing progress Stubby.

It would take the likes of me about a month to get where you are, do you own a time machine?

Very much looking forward to how it turns out, and the good thing is we won't have long to wait.

All the best

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Grass, mud & ballast added. Needs a bit of tidying, plus some static grass.

The walls for the old warehouse on the left is in the paint booth, along with the fence.

post-7025-0-98933400-1538591513_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-62662700-1538591555_thumb.jpg

Time to stop for tonight. Kevin's idea of 24 hours is far better than '1 day'.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Amazing progress Stubby.

It would take the likes of me about a month to get where you are, do you own a time machine?

Very much looking forward to how it turns out, and the good thing is we won't have long to wait.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark.

I've been planning this for a couple of days - lying awake in the early hours fighting a cold, what else is there to do?

I find thinking through each element helps, how best to achieve the overall aim.

This can and does change during the build, for example I wanted to use Will cobbles but have none in the plastic sheet box. I've used Slaters dressed stone instead, but still skimmed it over with quick dry filler.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I'm going more for run down & forgotten, a layer of tired shabbiness, the sad end to a once thriving community, cut short by an unwanted and ultimately fatal intrusion by the railway line.

In 7 1/2 inches square.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Lovely work and impressively quick!

Thanks. Back at work tomorrow, so won't get as much time for modelling.

I didn't get it finished in the same day, but hours taken so far is about 12-14. There is only the shop to finish off, a backscene of pre-printed brickwork and then a final sweep of grass and similar debris to hide the building/ground joints.

Then take a few photos and send them off.

• Like 1

Thanks. Back at work tomorrow, so won't get as much time for modelling.

I didn't get it finished in the same day, but hours taken so far is about 12-14. There is only the shop to finish off, a backscene of pre-printed brickwork and then a final sweep of grass and similar debris to hide the building/ground joints.

Then take a few photos and send them off.

Looks good, just remember your "up to 200 words of descriptive text" and Bjorn Stronginthearm is your mothers brother!

• Like 1