• RMweb Gold
On 04/03/2022 at 17:15, Melangoose said:

Second wagon is now finished, decided to be not so heavy with this one, have I done the right thing, I wonder.

7E00C2A7-79D0-40EF-A75F-E23CB19F4B70.jpeg

Its a lot easier to put more on than take too much off Nigel! Looking good to me.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Have applying some weathered washes to the concrete sleeper running lines as I felt that the sleepers looked to grey and not concrete looking.  Also added a sleeper grime wash around the concrete sleepers to give a bit more of a used look.

711AE5F7-B7A9-45D0-B36A-54296FB34BEE.jpeg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Melangoose said:

Got some Rmwebbers coming over this evening with some 1980/90’s stock.  So I have got a couple of my Heritage Trains to run as well.

Looks like it will be a cracking evening Nigel, shame I cant make it, maybe another time, hopefully.

Have a goodun guys.😃

• 4 weeks later...

Not much progress made with the layout as the better weather is here.  Did manage to capture 66207 heading to Wolverhampton Steel Terminal this morning, unusually routed on the up running line (as opposed to the booked up loop).

583C7638-27BA-4692-86A5-BC1E359C1C21.jpeg

• Like 19

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Nice video Nigel, surprised there wasn't a pannier tank hauling it if your dad was there!

You know my Dad too well.  He did bring a Small Prairie over which he wanted the sound turning up.   

Looking like a convoy bound for a Diesel Gala on a Preserved Railway.  This is actually a set of x4 locos returning to me after some weathering applied by my good friend John Harding.  Thanks John for a cracking job

BF4CBB47-7CF7-43EA-94C6-4C7403F89F34.jpeg

• Like 12

• 5 weeks later...

A couple of months ago I visited Exford Park, to see Ian’s (Temeraire of this parish) progress on his excellent NSE era layout.  We took some cab ride video, which was very interesting on his multi level layout.

On the stock front one item that really impressed me (all his stock is very nice), is that he had repainted the NSE blue on a couple of rakes of coaches.  They looked so good as the Bachmann colour that was produced a few years back is much too dark.  See the picture below.  I got out my set, and thought, they just don’t look right.  So I bit the bullet and with a can of Montana Gold 5060, over a period of a couple of weeks resprayed the blue to a more correct shade.  Also nice to see a Class 50 on the layout as well.

66410C10-D682-4125-A403-36987C5AF22D.jpeg

3F2A217C-4922-46AB-A6B1-D3829FDA1D45.jpeg

51285D28-27D8-404D-B8D4-E5051480C793.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...

I really like my GWR Class 800, but one thing wrong with is that whenever the rear coach went over a certain point (the down direction by the old level crossing), the rear red lights went out.  Would seem that the lights only pick up from one bogie.  This has turned into a pet hate of mine and this is the only train that has this problem.  So rather than replace the point I fitted a new chip with a stay alive and the problem is sorted. 

Edited by Melangoose
  • Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

After looking back at the HST/Class 800 YouTube video, I must this coming winter months sort out the scenic area in

the foreground.  Also get some more trees and complete the scenic break by the supermarket.

Edited by Melangoose
  • Like 2

On 21/08/2022 at 12:06, JackB95 said:

That already looks fantastic! Love the disused flagstones next to the pristine restored old station. Really really nice.

Thanks for your kind words

The project continues, managed to get some greenery onto the other end of the platform.  Happy so far with it.

D4037C72-8ADB-44AC-8EA7-3763C3603436.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2