The Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2019

br2975

I have managed to attend two of the previous small shows and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I found both excellent modelling and friendly company, you can't ask for more.

I intend to travel over on Saturday after work, so hope to arrive in the early afternoon,

cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's a lovely, friendly, show with some good layouts; what's not to like if you can get there!  And there's one of my favourite pubs in that part of the world almost on the doorstep, the Halfway; good civilised Brains pub with reasonable food.  Luckily the rugby's in France and on Friday; it gets proper rammed on international days!

It comes with my full and unreserved recommendation; even the parking shouldn't be too much of a problem!  I will be there.  The weather forecast is perfect for any indoor activity...

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 4

I have managed to attend two of the previous small shows and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I found both excellent modelling and friendly company, you can't ask for more.

I intend to travel over on Saturday after work, so hope to arrive in the early afternoon,

cheers

Top man, seek me out and we can chew the fat for five !

• Like 1

It's a lovely, friendly, show with some good layouts; what's not to like if you can get there!  And there's one of my favourite pubs in that part of the world almost on the doorstep, the Halfway; good civilised Brains pub with reasonable food.  Luckily the rugby's in France and on Friday; it gets proper rammed on international days!

It comes with my full and unreserved recommendation; even the parking shouldn't be too much of a problem!  I will be there.  The weather forecast is perfect for any indoor activity...

So Mr. Johnster, how long have you been working for "Visit Cardiff" ?

• RMweb Gold

Top man, seek me out and we can chew the fat for five !

Are we back on the subject of Rowley 's bacon rolls.......?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Proud of my city and always willing to help visitors, mate.  It is also in my own interest to promote the local trade and shows; it's not all altruism you know!

But I speak as I find, and having been to this show for the last 2 years am happy to commend it to anyone interested; it is, as they say, 'small but perfectly formed', and a very pleasant way of spending a few hours.  And it makes less demands on my wallet than some shows do!

Edited by The Johnster

Proud of my city and always willing to help visitors, mate.  It is also in my own interest to promote the local trade and shows; it's not all altruism you know!

But I speak as I find, and having been to this show for the last 2 years am happy to commend it to anyone interested; it is, as they say, 'small but perfectly formed', and a very pleasant way of spending a few hours.  And it makes less demands on my wallet than some shows do!

Lovely sentiments.

I have been lucky to travel extensively, home and abroad....and have yet to find somewhere I'd rather live than my hometown.

As for the show - thanks John, I'm sure the organisers, exhibitors, demonstrators and traders will be pleased to read your post.

See you Saturday.

Brian R

• RMweb Gold

Best of luck with the show, it looks the type that I would enjoy but for several reasons it is not possible to make it.

1 Family commitments.

2 Too far to drive from Mansfield for a day, I'm not like my cousin ChrisF.

3 A journey on a Cross Country 170 does not appeal, I've done it before.

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to seeing all those who are able to attend.

Best wishes for a safe trip to see us and we shall ensure a warm welcome awaits.

Rob

• Like 2

Best of luck with the show, it looks the type that I would enjoy but for several reasons it is not possible to make it.

1 Family commitments.

2 Too far to drive from Mansfield for a day, I'm not like my cousin ChrisF.

3 A journey on a Cross Country 170 does not appeal, I've done it before.

Brian

No-one is ...  On my way shortly!

Chris

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks to all who came to see us.

Not sure of numbers through the door but certainly seemed no less busy than last year.

Great to see so many familiar faces and thanks to all for the kind comments.

Rob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks to all who came to see us.

Not sure of numbers through the door but certainly seemed no less busy than last year.

Great to see so many familiar faces and thanks to all for the kind comments.

Rob.

It was an excellent show - well worth the drive over from Keynsham....and no toll!

Now, an expression of thanks to those who contributed to todays show, by giving up their time and energy to make this year another successful event.

That includes the exhibitors, helpers, demonstrators, societies, traders and caterers; many of whom are "RMwebbers" and too many to remember by 'profile name' and therefore thank individually for your contribution. 

Similarly, many thanks also to those who attended, some of whom  travelled great distances to get to the show, folk like 'ChrisF', from Bedford,  Mike the 'Stationmaster' from the Thames Valley, ' Rivercider' from Weston-super-Mud, Cornelius Lundie from somewhere unpronounceable (and that from a Welshman).

At first glance, attendance appears to mirror last years event.

Our aim has been to make this a small (bijou ?) , friendly event, covering several modelling disciplines, with broad appeal, especially to help and assist those 'moving on'  from trainset to 'modelling' whilst also capturing those who just want to 'come and talk' -  and I hope that has been the case.

I've attached some photos of the day, some, with little else to occupy their evening may wish to play "spot the RMwebber"

Once again, Paul and I thank you all for contributing to a great day

Brian R

post-1599-0-84910600-1548529086_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-70639100-1548529100_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-76391400-1548529110_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-05237400-1548529160_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-82824800-1548529170_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-45418300-1548529183_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-58781700-1548529196_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-14733600-1548529205_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-36340200-1548529220_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-34833300-1548529231_thumb.jpg