Cavalex Models All new RTR BBA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

These look super.

I too have acquired a handful of BAAs on the cheap so am looking to overrun them in numbers with BBAs. Just need a layout next!

Could one of you chaps tell me the specifics of the production run. Are you looking at doing one run or more?

I can see I can get 6 different running numbers from Rails but are there going to be other wagons in the run too or is 6 different as good as it gets?

Thanks,

Rich.

Hi Rich, I am sure that we will be running further batches of wagons at some point however the liveries and running numbers etc for that have not been finalised at this point. We are still dealing with this run.

If you are looking at RF black and red then this batch offers 7 numbers, 6 from Rails in two three packs and one different number direct from us or through other retailers once they land. The running numbers are not really 'in your face' on these wagons anyway though as they are only present in a small font within the wagons data panel.

Regards

Cav

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, RBE said:

Hi Rich, I am sure that we will be running further batches of wagons at some point however the liveries and running numbers etc for that have not been finalised at this point. We are still dealing with this run.

If you are looking at RF black and red then this batch offers 7 numbers, 6 from Rails in two three packs and one different number direct from us or through other retailers once they land. The running numbers are not really 'in your face' on these wagons anyway though as they are only present in a small font within the wagons data panel.

Regards

Cav

Thanks Cav, useful to know.

Just wondering whether to stagger purchases over time to lighten the immediate load.

(Not too concerned about running numbers although the variety of different decal combinations on the Rails editions is a nice touch). 

Hope you are seeing some decent demand for what looks a great model.

Hi Alex/Cav,

Thanks for the professional update from you guys as always. I’m sad to hear the news on the 91 as it would have been a spectacular project to see a full set in 4mm although good luck with the continuation in 2mm.

Anyway onto positive news the BBA, great to hear it will soon be in production, although certainly no rush for it. It really does look superb and I am looking forward to getting the rake to model the Workington trains. It will also suit Newlands Park on Scottish steel flows too when we finally get this out again.

Then there will be the Warflats which are such a good choice as well withTrains4U so plenty to look forward to from my point of view.

Keep up the great work

Thanks

Mark 

Hi Alex/ Cav,

Are the BBAs still available to pre order please? I have already pre ordered some Railfreight black and red ones from Rails but would also like some plain brown ones. Your website says sold out.

Best wishes 

John

1 hour ago, 37501 said:

Hi Alex/ Cav,

Are the BBAs still available to pre order please? I have already pre ordered some Railfreight black and red ones from Rails but would also like some plain brown ones. Your website says sold out.

Best wishes 

John

Good afternoon John,

If you could please send me an email to cavalexmodels@gmail.com we can then sort that out for you.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks

Alex

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, faa77 said:

How prevalent were the BLAs in Railfreight livery? I can't find any pics on Paul's website.

I assume they can be used with BBA, BAA and BDA?

Good afternoon,

When first converted a lot of the BLAs were still wearing their Railfreight livery:

Bow Fell at Ebbw Vale

37905 Vulcan Enterprise &  37903. at Ebbw Vale Tinplate Works. 14 May 1995

60046 William Wilberforce. at Ebbw Vale. 23 July 1995

60063 James Murray. at Cwm, Ebbw Vale.18th June 1995

37906. at Ebbw Vale. 14 February 1996

Hope the links above to photos on Flickr help.

Edited by Grimleygrid
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 06/02/2020 at 01:41, faa77 said:

No, I mean searching for "BLA":

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/?q=bla

Does not return that BLA photo you posted, amongst the photo search results.

Because many of my photo scans date back to the days when a maximum file title was 8 characters and the search works on file names and anything written in the overview/introduction of a collection. Most of the collections date from when there was no broadband so, because of dial up 100kb was a very large file.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 21/02/2020 at 21:01, RBE said:

The wagons are due to go into production soon once chinese new year is out of the way.

Regards

Dont you mean once the coronavirus has gone away. I think it could be a while before we see anything come out of the far east..   

On 23/02/2020 at 16:04, markjj said:

Dont you mean once the coronavirus has gone away. I think it could be a while before we see anything come out of the far east..   

News reports are that China okayed businesses to reopen a week ago, and thus factories are already either operating or starting up.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Clagsniffer said:

Excellent news this! About time we had something to cheer about with all the doom and gloom going round at the minute.

Thanks for the update.

I share your sentiment, I too was desperately upset to see Liverpool go out of the Champions league but another round of Cavalex models will definitely lift my spirits.

• Friendly/supportive 1