Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, amarr40 said:

Will there be anymore preview photos of the Deltics?

oh yes. We’ve had a rather gigantic backlog which has delayed photography with so much stock and samples arriving at once. We’ll hopefully be caught up in the coming week and will post as we process. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I must say the DPS/Rails packaging does look rather nice (From DPS Facebook page back in FEB!!!). I'm surprised this has not been posted here before. I especially like the maps of the Kings Cross area (1961 or 1982???):

274718689_326768892733780_20385122145019

274646444_326767859400550_63532900586374

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, owentherail said:

This is waiting for my Deltic to arrive....... well the rite way up anyway20220523_173348.jpg.5f8311f698ebebf76de4aa7da364238c.jpg

Wonder if Fox might do a Platinum Jubilee Head board? 

42 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Define "here"

Since we share a planet and the same plane of reality, it is fundamentally immaterial to ask if something is 'here' or 'there', the Deltics were always connected to us and thus always here, even if there physical attribute was there. They are thus Schrodinger's product, neither here nor there, but instead existing in both states at once. I could go on, but that is a rather large crowd of armed fellows rapidly approaching me, so I shall take my leave, good day.    

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, scots region said:

Since we share a planet and the same plane of reality, it is fundamentally immaterial to ask if something is 'here' or 'there', the Deltics were always connected to us and thus always here, even if there physical attribute was there. They are thus Schrodinger's product, neither here nor there, but instead existing in both states at once. I could go on, but that is a rather large crowd of armed fellows rapidly approaching me, so I shall take my leave, good day.    

Keep your head down.....wherever down is....

• Funny 4

1 hour ago, stewartingram said:

Well, last week we were told they would be here next week - which we are now in.......

There was this sweet shop at the bottom of the road, with a sign in the window.

A young boy read the sign "Free sweets tomorrow".

The next day the boy hastily runs down to the shop and asks the shopkeeper for the free sweets.

The shopkeeper takes him outside and shows him the sign ... "Free sweets tomorrow" ...

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 3

7 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein

I've had some dates where I'd been happy to have a hot stove nearby!

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Current info is that the boat will dock at the weekend, the containers will be unloaded and transferred to the warehouse early next week, then breakdown, accepting into stock, checks followed by picking, packing and posting several thousand orders will begin. As there are many, many pre-orders to fulfil we estimate it will take 7-10 working days to get them all out there (worst case scenario) and will be done in date order of fully paid up orders. So, you patience while we complete this (and we will go as fast as we can) will be much appreciated. 

Not too long to go!

Cheers!

Fran  

And don't forget if the factory has delivered the class 08s, 40s, 50s and/or all the other locos people think you're making by mistake, they'll have to go back on the ship to China and a new shipment of the class 55s sent over.

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein

Put your hand on a hot, pretty girl for a second and it’s 5 years (2 for good behaviour)!

Double if it’s a relative

Judge “send ‘em down” Farquhar-Smyth.

😂

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

Fran said - "Current info is that the boat will dock at the weekend, "

I hate to be pedantic Fran, especially as I simply love everything you produce (order list available as proof) , but keeping to the accuracy that you are already famous for, I hope they are coming on a SHIP, not a boat!! Its a bit like people calling a locomotive a train!!

All the very best and really looking forward to receiving my set of Deltics as and when you and the team get them to me. 

Godfrey

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Godfrey Glyn said:

Fran said - "Current info is that the boat will dock at the weekend, "

I hate to be pedantic Fran, especially as I simply love everything you produce (order list available as proof) , but keeping to the accuracy that you are already famous for, I hope they are coming on a SHIP, not a boat!! Its a bit like people calling a locomotive a train!!

All the very best and really looking forward to receiving my set of Deltics as and when you and the team get them to me. 

Godfrey

I feel a little shanty coming on… https://youtu.be/utkMQJeiK50

• Like 1