Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

24 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

The detail of the model is great, the bogies in particular have far more detail than anything else I've seen. The chains will make it hard to get the body off but they look great, so I do appreciate the effort to model them. The lift off section on the roof is a good idea for people wanting to fit DCC themselves, although I didnt make a note of which way round it goes so I might have put it back on the wrong way!

DSC_5511.thumb.jpg.095c5d56084f1b065efb5972075e5b37.jpgDSC_5533.thumb.jpg.b2a79cc2c6b849aa745c8a00ea1f8b2d.jpgDSC_5537.thumb.jpg.fc27ae43fe720ad5874d47b71545ab47.jpg

Richard

Is it my eyesight but the number, or the other printing, is not  horizontal?

• Funny 1

20 minutes ago, E100 said:

Whilst I've not had experience directly of this, through the interactions of other forum members it's clear that whilst Accurascale do try to get things right first time they don't always. Despite this, what makes them so trustworthy and worthy of me giving them a significant portion of my hard earned cash is the fact that they are always consistently good at resolving the issue in the customers favour within reason and striving to improve for next time through taking positive action. Hearing situations such as this actually in many ways improves my confidence in them rather than dents it.

Could not agree more - every manufacturer in all walks of life has issues and challenges from time to time, but it is how they respond and address customer concerns that separates the “best in class” from the others……… from what I have seen so far Accurascale seem striving to excel in this area………. As modellers themselves they will want to treat people they way they would want to be treated themselves  - stick to that ethos and they will not go far wrong.

ps  - when my Deltic arrives at 4pm this afternoon, it better be bloody perfect or these guys will soon find out what an angry customer is !…….. only kidding 😀

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, mkrob said:

1846205183_DELTICLOST2.thumb.JPG.9d50fe4f723e35d3da5f13c7a9e4626e.JPG

It would appear my Deltic has disappeared! Whats going on?

DELTIC LOST.JPG

postman knew what it is, your Deltic is currently doing loops around the DHL office on an oval of track.

😝

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

i’m still trying to figure out order of shipping, I bought my first two, paid in full within 10 minutes of launch back in 2018… my receipt is on page 1 of this thread, so its not in order of payment, unless placing multiple orders and grouping them moves you to the back of the list ?

As an aside, you’ve gone for the same two as me. Good choice!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Its been a while since theres been so much excitement on this forum.

i just had the postman arrive bringing me a mystery box from rails……and one from dpd….

image.jpg

but awwww, its only 4 class 90s, in 4 liveries Ive been hoping to be made for at least a year…

B62D0338-80FE-443D-80A8-F99A90F5C026.thumb.jpeg.a03930f6927112577fe26ed1bd661ba2.jpeg

back to sitting on the door step

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

At one end there is a couple of nipples (oo er) so you know which end to place it into.

1576685343_ImagefromiOS-2022-06-20T113627_073.thumb.jpg.91a720f42b644d2c9b23d634714eae11.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

And if they are a bit tight, you have permission to give them a quick tweak. Try doing that with the missis and you get a slap. Life is complete.

• Funny 2

42 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Playing trains at the bottom of the garden at midnight…

fantastic.

But surely it should be a sleeper ?

I’ve only got mk3 sleepers and you can imagine the uproar if I ran those behind it. It’s been bad enough with the ‘correct’ coaching stock.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Richard Croft said:

The detail of the model is great, the bogies in particular have far more detail than anything else I've seen. The chains will make it hard to get the body off but they look great, so I do appreciate the effort to model them. The lift off section on the roof is a good idea for people wanting to fit DCC themselves, although I didnt make a note of which way round it goes so I might have put it back on the wrong way!

DSC_5511.thumb.jpg.095c5d56084f1b065efb5972075e5b37.jpgDSC_5533.thumb.jpg.b2a79cc2c6b849aa745c8a00ea1f8b2d.jpgDSC_5537.thumb.jpg.fc27ae43fe720ad5874d47b71545ab47.jpg

Richard

It looks like the magnetic lugs are asymmetric so it should be impossuble to put back wrong way round!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We're not yet at the half way point in pre-order dispatch, but we're making good progress. As we said, it would take 7-10 working days to get them all out to you and we appreciate your patience!

In the meantime we have now launched our driving crew for the earlier Deltics. These are due in stock in July! 

180360695_DelticEarly1-1.jpg.dca4593b9b2e08d33f89f3f0ae56f87e.jpg

1079343536_DelticEarly2-1.jpg.45dc5bd15f31d1166ea2053c11444143.jpg

Order here: https://www.accurascale.com/products/class-55-deltic-crew-driver-secondman-early-br?utm_content=Facebook_UA&utm_source=facebook&variant=42334219468985

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Not sure - mine was ordered 25th October 2021 and nothing happened thus far :(

We had a short delay with Nimbus, having to add etches locally. If your order is not Nimbus and its under ACC-25XXX then drop us a line to double check. 

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, McC said:

We had a short delay with Nimbus, having to add etches locally. If your order is not Nimbus and its under ACC-25XXX then drop us a line to double check. 

Thanks  - it is indeed Nimbus so I'll relax. Good news for my employer as I'll stop checking my email every 15 mins lol

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Flying Pig said:

How on earth did you get Putin to sit for the secondman?

Are you suggesting that Accurascale should now pull this product in order to support Ukraine?

Anyhow, it wasn't Putin, it was Dobby the house elf  (brough back from the dead).

Roy

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Flying Pig said:

How on earth did you get Putin to sit for the secondman?

How dare you! That's Tim our Senior Graphic Designer!

• Funny 10