Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

33 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Ok on my iPad - IOS 15.5 and Safari.

Edit: but not using Chrome on my iPad.

Roy

On my iPad iOS 15.5 Safari loads it automatically but both chrome and Firefox have to be manually refreshed (pull down and release) before they both work. No idea why!

Very lucky today popped home from work for a few minutes 

Just heading back when I saw a DHL van coming in the opposite direction span around and sure enough he had pulled up outside my house with 4 Deltics.

Good job as no one was home.

It looked quite empty in the back of his Mercedes Sprinter once he took them out and I swear the van gave a sigh after, it definitely looked higher on the springs when he left.😄

• Funny 4

3 minutes ago, Nigel Emery said:

On my iPad iOS 15.5 Safari loads it automatically but both chrome and Firefox have to be manually refreshed (pull down and release) before they both work. No idea why!

Aha!  Didn’t know you could do that.  Now I can get Chrome to open the page, though Safari, Opera and Firefox all refuse to play ball

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, bazil31 said:

Very lucky today popped home from work for a few minutes 

Just heading back when I saw a DHL van coming in the opposite direction span around and sure enough he had pulled up outside my house with 4 Deltics.

Good job as no one was home.

It looked quite empty in the back of his Mercedes Sprinter once he took them out and I swear the van gave a sigh after, it definitely looked higher on the springs when he left.😄

Proper handbrake turn Sweeny style I hope 😎

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, philg said:

Aha!  Didn’t know you could do that.  Now I can get Chrome to open the page, though Safari, Opera and Firefox all refuse to play ball

You can try bypass the embed by directly going to https://accuras.reamaze.com

https://accuras.reamaze.com/kb/class-55-deltic/how-to-remove-the-deltic-body For example.

Edited by McC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, andyman7 said:

I had a similar note so enquired via the Accurascale helpdesk - in my case the consignment had been created after the last DHL collection so it is (hopefully) being picked up today. The helpdesk is very quick to respond  

SNAP. Excellent work by Patrick.Keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, aureol40012 said:

Wouldn’t that just have been a quick fix, just a case of identifying what is vibrating/rattling?  I have exactly the same sound issue (by the sound of it) but am just waiting till the weekend to take the body off and fully expect to have sorted it within a matter of minutes.

Yes I agree but if you have poor eyesight and don't feel confident it's not an option.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

My 55 005 arrived today, and WOW it looks amazing just sitting on a worktop, can’t wait to fit a chip and get it running on the layout. What a super model to start your locomotive range of on. Well done to all at Accurascale. 

Doesn't your packaging supplier, do smaller boxes!
I like mini booklet all the extras supplied. giving the buyer a Quality experience, Accurascale the Apple of the model railway industry.

ps anyone know where this part comes from please.

oh and a image of 005  because, why the devil not. 

BFA8E16B-6461-45CD-B4B8-79EB41072667.jpeg

44DB1227-F12F-494D-8C79-6E55B8874746.jpeg

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, thetrains said:

Just catching up after a few days away, is the above correct?  Looking at support pages it shows/suggests you can from roof hatch removed.  Would only want to remove body once my early BR crew arrived.

2 hours ago, Bedlington North said:

I opened the roof hatch on my model and the DIL switch for the lights is not under the hatch, it's under the fixed part of the body. I suppose it may be possible to remove the blanking plate to set the switches outside the body and then replace the plate in the model. 

Why would I make that up?

I just about managed to work the switches by reaching underneath the fixed part with a small jeweller's screwdriver.  I wanted to switch the tail lights off, these are on switches 3 and 4 which are the furthest from the opening part!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well 55003 landed this morning and I've got to say a brilliant model.  One piece in the bottom of the ice cube but will bother about that later when I get my reading glasses out.

Put it on the tracks for a first run and the sound is brilliant much better than any of the other Sound locos I have.

Only negative for me really is that I can't access F29 and F30 as I am using an NCE powercab!  but can't blame Accurascale for that.

Running in at the moment but no issues so far.

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Hadnt realised the buffer beam was screw on. With this in mind, with the next batch mught it be possible to supply spare buffer beams that can be detailed and then swapped when locos are in display?

To buy if they are required as spare parts would be the way to go,they are so much good value anyway for the models.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, farren said:

Accurascale the Apple of the model railway industry

The Apple of the model railway industry would sell the chassis, body shell, motor, lights, wheels, couplings, window glazing, buffers, etc. separately

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, toby_tl10 said:

The Apple of the model railway industry would sell the chassis, body shell, motor, lights, wheels, couplings, window glazing, buffers, etc. separately

For 8 times the real value.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

For 8 times the real value.

In 3 years time it'll only use 9V and if you lose a windscreen wiper you'll have to bin it. By then there will be Accurapple shops in every major city with queues to buy the latest Deltic X which features a full fuel gauge on the tank.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 12