Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

14 minutes ago, toby_tl10 said:

The Apple of the model railway industry would sell the chassis, body shell, motor, lights, wheels, couplings, window glazing, buffers, etc. separately

And have a proprietary connector for DCC

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

In 3 years time it'll only use 9V and if you lose a windscreen wiper you'll have to bin it. By then there will be Accurapple shops in every major city with queues to buy the latest Deltic X which features a full fuel gauge on the tank.

You forgot the cup holder that slides out of the dashboard.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

To buy if they are required as spare parts would be the way to go,they are so much good value anyway for the models.

This as well. I would happily pay £10-15 for a set of buffer beams and an extra detailing pack for display purposes.

Great idea.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Went to the DHL hub near me to collect 9004 sound version ( what ? I'm not trusting some scruffy delivery driver to drop it at the wriong address ! ;-)

After a longish delay the young lady came out and apologised profusely as she had been unable to find my parcel. 😵

The code in the tracking information on her system was telling her to look for. . . . 

A large Letter !  Luckily she was quickly followed out by a strapping young ladd lugging a great big box  🤗

Now how can I get rid of Teh Mrs for an hour. . Or three so I can drool in peace ?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Just been running Meld for a while and trying out the functions.

Is it just me or on the sound fitted deltics does F5 drive hold not work?

I was expecting it to hold the speed of the loco whilst allowing the throttle to change the engine tone up or down like the drive lock on LegomanBiffo sound files.

But regardless of whether F5 is selected or not the loco still speeds up and slows down with the throttle.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

More first class service from the A team

Just saw the post about order number under 25xxx

7:25 pm sent a mail just to check I hadn't misunderstood

7:41 reply as I had other items not in stock on the order it was caught in the system. 2*55 now released for packing

Amazing positive service 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, James Makin said:

All aboard the Ann Summers Express!

52160829953_b160e01406_k.jpgAccurascale D9016 - by James Makin by James Makin - Account 2, on Flickr

My throbbing purple package arrived today and while I had all my photo gear set up, couldn't resist running it through to show what a beauty D9016 turned out to be!

52161313660_e8599bbccb_k.jpgAccurascale D9016 - by James Makin by James Makin - Account 2, on Flickr

Opening up the giant Purple box you get the now-standard Accurascale feeling that is akin to unwrapping a new iPhone, the soft-touch packaging giving way to a well-wrapped model encased in plastic and foam, together with some reading material and full set of headcode swaps if needed. Everything is intact and perfect, and really pleased with the fit and quality of finish, incredible stuff. 

The model itself is absolutely gorgeous and I've got to say, it's the first time I've had that truly 'blown-away' feeling of unwrapping an RTR loco since the Hornby Class 60 back in 2005, not one loco release has equalled that feeling in 17 years, until now!

52160829848_a21c3c0a19_k.jpgAccurascale D9016 - by James Makin by James Makin - Account 2, on Flickr

I bought D9016 as a fondly-remembered colour scheme from my favourite modelling era, and having long had plans to do a Bachmann version, the Accurascale announcement came at just the right time to avoid taking on a big makeover challenge!

The loco didn't work all that many trains in its famous purple colours, but it did do a few railtours, I couldn't resist posing it in front of an old Hatchett Mk1, squint and it's almost there 🤣

52160829873_2edf820530_k.jpgAccurascale D9016 - by James Makin by James Makin - Account 2, on Flickr

Then a shot with one of my old 37 fleet showing the EE lineage...hopefully it won't be long before both of these locos will be Accurascale ones!

52161063444_ce10351c80_k.jpgAccurascale D9016 - by James Makin by James Makin - Account 2, on Flickr

Overall it's a truly astounding model that just has so much detail to observe and take in, everywhere you look. My current favourite feature is the beautiful footsteps, nicely moulded with see-through tread, mind blowing!

52160826486_802804fc65_k.jpgAccurascale D9016 - by James Makin by James Makin - Account 2, on Flickr

Huge, huge congratulations to the Accurascale guys for getting this over the line and I can't wait to have a bit of fun taking this from box-fresh to in-service condition, and looking forward to seeing what's around the corner!

Cheers,

James

Best photos so far - thanks 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Unboxed for a quick visual check over. 'plain Jane' 9004 is a thing of beauty with great detail.

Paintwork is  fine, crisp, no marks or blemishes. As with others, three 'teeny tiny' pieces loose in the packaging which I can hardly see, let alone stick back on and as mine is for running not display the

'bits' will be left of and stored safely in the packaging. Two chains hanging loose on the bogies so I might just pop em all off and store them as well. Otherwise almost a certainty with my rough handling they will 'ping off' into never never land 😆

All in all a stunning model which I can't wait to get running and hear the ROAR

Great Job Accurascale and a big thumbs up from me 👌

Edited by Matt C
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

I’m not sure what all the excitement about the Deltic is? I mean it looks nice and sounds really good but…

The class 31 will be much better, there were far more of them and they went to Barrow so they must be better? Right?

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

1 hour ago, Matt C said:

Went to the DHL hub near me to collect 9004 sound version ( what ? I'm not trusting some scruffy delivery driver to drop it at the wriong address ! ;-)

After a longish delay the young lady came out and apologised profusely as she had been unable to find my parcel. 😵

The code in the tracking information on her system was telling her to look for. . . . 

A large Letter !  Luckily she was quickly followed out by a strapping young ladd lugging a great big box  🤗

Now how can I get rid of Teh Mrs for an hour. . Or three so I can drool in peace ?

I didn't know you could deliberately divert a DHL package to the local hub - mine is a 2 minute walk from my work and I won't be home tomorrow so if I can switch it to that in the morning it would be perfect. 

As can probably be guessed from the above, I got my postage notification for D9000 this afternoon.

Cheers,

EDIT: As per usual trying to do it on a mobile device gave no joy. On my PC? Rearranged at the click of my fingers.

Edited by 60800

• RMweb Gold
Just now, 60800 said:

I didn't know you could deliberately divert a DHL package to the local hub - mine is a 2 minute walk from my work and I won't be home tomorrow so if I can switch it to that in the morning it would be perfect. 

As can probably be guessed from the above, I got my postage notification for D9000 this afternoon.

Cheers,

When you get the DHL notification email you should see the option to track or change your delivery option. One of the options is to collect from the Hub yours is being delivered from. You then get to choose a day for collection, from 8AM to 8 PM. Be warned though, they DO say that if you don't collect on that chosen day they will return the parcel. It means you arent having to wait in  for a delivery and can collect anytime in that 12 hour period AND your not getting it chucked about in a small Van 🤪

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

I’m not sure what all the excitement about the Deltic is? I mean it looks nice and sounds really good but…

The class 31 will be much better, there were far more of them and they went to Barrow so they must be better? Right?

Cheers

Mark

Careful Mark, you'll be upsetting the 37 lovers as there were more of them so they must be better than a 31.

And let's not forget 50s, so that make d*lt*cs 4th in line...........................

• Funny 2

3 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Careful Mark, you'll be upsetting the 37 lovers as there were more of them so they must be better than a 31.

And let's not forget 50s, so that make d*lt*cs 4th in line...........................

I’ve a fair few 37’s on order too. 

Fran knows I want 022 in a more up to date version for Rannoch in future runs. 

Cheers

Mark

5 minutes ago, newbryford said:

And how many duffs were there…..?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

In 3 years time it'll only use 9V and if you lose a windscreen wiper you'll have to bin it. By then there will be Accurapple shops in every major city with queues to buy the latest Deltic X which features a full fuel gauge on the tank.

Don't forget that the coupling will only attach to other Icoaches

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

22 minutes ago, Matt C said:

When you get the DHL notification email you should see the option to track or change your delivery option. One of the options is to collect from the Hub yours is being delivered from. You then get to choose a day for collection, from 8AM to 8 PM. Be warned though, they DO say that if you don't collect on that chosen day they will return the parcel. It means you arent having to wait in  for a delivery and can collect anytime in that 12 hour period AND your not getting it chucked about in a small Van 🤪

Thanks for the tip - the actual depot is in Rotherham (a bit far from Scunthorpe) but the drop off location I've picked is closer to work than it is to home and they'll keep it for a week if need be. I know where I'll be going in my lunch hour if it arrives in the morning haha.

Cheers,

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, philg said:

And how many duffs were there…..?

Dare I say class 08 then or even EE 0-6-0 350hp shunters in all?

Edited by reddragon
error

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Less talk about 50s, don’t forget there were 200 40s…

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Wolf27 said:

I’ve ruined my Deltic. It derailed last night. One of the guard irons pinged off and is in the dirt somewhere. It’s now worthless. 

Will give you a crate of beer for it…

actually on second thoughts it’s not 9016 in purple so I’d rather keep the beer ;)

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Roy Langridge said:

Less talk about 50s, don’t forget there were 200 40s…

Roy

Same applies to them as with duffs in my book...............

• Like 1