Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, it's me again and I'm still struggling to get the red tail lamps to work properly, they work in one direction only and don't swap to the other end when I change direction, the headcode lights do....

So the LokPilot 59629 decoders arrived today and they are behaving in the exact same way.

Tail lamps work in one direction only, if I change direction I have headcode and tail lamps at the same end.

All I can think is maybe the DC light switches need to be changed?  I couldn't see them by just removing the magnetic roof, so I removed the entire body and I still can't see them. 

I'm attaching a pic, can anyone point them out to me?  Is it that I can't see them for looking?

Any help is very gratefully received.

55011 body.jpg

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Alycidon said:

Sorry, it's me again and I'm still struggling to get the red tail lamps to work properly, they work in one direction only and don't swap to the other end when I change direction, the headcode lights do....

So the LokPilot 59629 decoders arrived today and they are behaving in the exact same way.

Tail lamps work in one direction only, if I change direction I have headcode and tail lamps at the same end.

All I can think is maybe the DC light switches need to be changed?  I couldn't see them by just removing the magnetic roof, so I removed the entire body and I still can't see them. 

I'm attaching a pic, can anyone point them out to me?  Is it that I can't see them for looking?

Any help is very gratefully received.

55011 body.jpg

the DC switches are on the blanking plate. Have you checked F11 which is the tail lamp

function

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, McC said:

the DC switches are on the blanking plate. Have you checked F11 which is the tail lamp

function

Ahhh right, the switches are on the blanking plates, which you take out to fit the decoder, that explains why I can't see them....  I did say I wasn't all that technically minded, sorry.

I use F11 to switch the tail lamps on, that works, but only in one direction, when I change direction, the tail lamps don't change to the other end.

I'm using the ESU 59629 LokPIlot decoders and NCE Pro Cab, I don't know if that makes any difference.

It's all 4 loco's so I know I must have something configured wrong, I just don't know what.

Thanks for the superfast reply, especially at this time of the evening

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Matt C said:

Unboxed for a quick visual check over. 'plain Jane' 9004 is a thing of beauty with great detail.

Paintwork is  fine, crisp, no marks or blemishes. As with others, three 'teeny tiny' pieces loose in the packaging which I can hardly see, let alone stick back on and as mine is for running not display the

'bits' will be left of and stored safely in the packaging. Two chains hanging loose on the bogies so I might just pop em all off and store them as well. Otherwise almost a certainty with my rough handling they will 'ping off' into never never land 😆

All in all a stunning model which I can't wait to get running and hear the ROAR

Great Job Accurascale and a big thumbs up from me 👌

55001 St Paddy arrived today and it is indeed a thing of beauty, but ran it on the layout tonight and ended up with a bag of bits and currently have all four chains held by a spot of black tack……. I am all for detail but as workable models there has to be a bit of durability built into the design.

Also having frequent derailments - yes I have 2nd radius curves and curved points but I do feel that in certain attitudes ( eg up or down inclines when the significant weight shifts across the bogie) there is pipework, coupling or brake blocks ( or even these pesky chains) that are restricting the arc of movement of the bogies…….. I have Nimbus hopefully arriving in a day or two, so will reserve judgement until I get to try it on the layout but suffice to say my Bachman Deltic was dragged from its slumber and attached to a rake of coaches and never derailed once !

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, beejack said:

Just been running Meld for a while and trying out the functions.

Is it just me or on the sound fitted deltics does F5 drive hold not work?

I was expecting it to hold the speed of the loco whilst allowing the throttle to change the engine tone up or down like the drive lock on LegomanBiffo sound files.

But regardless of whether F5 is selected or not the loco still speeds up and slows down with the throttle.

Good it was not only me who also encountered the same……. As good as Accurascale are trying to be, the lack of driving instructions is certainly a negative compared to the depth of info provided by SLW.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Hound Dog said:

55001 St Paddy arrived today and it is indeed a thing of beauty, but ran it on the layout tonight and ended up with a bag of bits and currently have all four chains held by a spot of black tack……. I am all for detail but as workable models there has to be a bit of durability built into the design.

Also having frequent derailments - yes I have 2nd radius curves and curved points but I do feel that in certain attitudes ( eg up or down inclines when the significant weight shifts across the bogie) there is pipework, coupling or brake blocks ( or even these pesky chains) that are restricting the arc of movement of the bogies…….. I have Nimbus hopefully arriving in a day or two, so will reserve judgement until I get to try it on the layout but suffice to say my Bachman Deltic was dragged from its slumber and attached to a rake of coaches and never derailed once !

The thing is, you have 2nd radius curves AND lots of detail like the hand brake chains and a whole host of underframe area detailing, you cant have both and expect it to run without issue on 2 radius curves- a Deltic is a long loco and will need lots of bogie swing for that radius which is only 17 inches!!

AS seem to be on hiding to nothing here, dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

If you strip off all those parts, I don't doubt it will probably run fine like the Bachmann version does on 1st or 2nd radius train set curves. 

You could always sell it on and buy some more Bachmann's I guess!😁

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

5 minutes ago, Gary H said:

The thing is, you have 2nd radius curves AND lots of detail like the hand brake chains and a whole host of underframe area detailing, you cant have both and expect it to run without issue on 2 radius curves- a Deltic is a long loco and will need lots of bogie swing for that radius which is only 17 inches!!

AS seem to be on hiding to nothing here, dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

If you strip off all those parts, I don't doubt it will probably run fine like the Bachmann version does on 1st or 2nd radius train set curves. 

Ooooohhhh!  I had this conversation a while ago, on the HYA thread.  Unfortunately you cannot have highly detailed scale models of prototypes which require huge radius curves in reality, to work on 2nd radius track.  Whilst I can see your frustrations - real locomotives components are not designed to scale down so they don't foul on trainset curves.

Indeed with kinematic loco couplings you cannot even couple a loco and stock on a curve.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Gary H said:

I disagree. 

If the detail made them unsuitable for 2nd radius curves then Accurascale could have just said so - and I'm sure that they would. But they say the models are suitable for 2nd radius curves and I can't imagine them saying that without having tested them.

It is entirely reasonable to expect them to run on 2nd radius track because that's what the specifications say.

If the models object to certain configurations (e.g. curves on inclines) then that's a more grey area in my view.

Edited by Coryton
(Edited for clarity)
  • Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Firstly as I stated in my earlier post I am reserving judgement until I run Nimbus when it arrives…… if it runs fine then here may be a problem with my St Paddy model, if Nimbus behaves the same, then I have a bigger issue to deal with  - it will be very disappointing after the long and eager wait, but not life threatening at the end of the day.

Secondly, I take your point re 2nd radius curves and lots of detailed parts on a long model, but it isn’t me that is advertising these Deltics as 2nd radius compatible…….. that said there are tolerances in all walks of life and occasionally they simply conspire to work against you……. I am sure the guys at Accurascale will be as supportive as always in trying to achieve a satisfied customer if at all possible.

Thanks

Speaking of the Bachmann model, thought I'd compare Nimbus and RSG.  The different front end is particularly striking.   Porterbrook was in two pieces in the box, one very big one, one smaller one.  Any idea what this is off?

IMG_20220620_230952438_copy_768x1024.jpg

IMG_20220620_230843129_copy_1024x768.jpg

IMG_20220620_230740484_copy_1024x768.jpg

IMG_20220620_230620062_copy_1024x768.jpg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 16/06/2022 at 21:07, AndrewB7585 said:

He also said they should stop announcing new models until they’ve actually delivered a few of them “to increase buyers confidence in them”.

Hmm, l wonder where those boxes with 30 24t hoppers and 4 cemflos in them came from then?

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hound Dog said:

I think we are at a bit of an empasse. Some want models that are highly accurate and detailed to the Nth degree. I want a model that is accurate and can run without worrying about tiny bits of detail that I can hardly see pinging off when I handle it. Accurascale and other manufacturers are damned if they do and damned if they don't ! I will simply remove (or lose) any bits that hinder running or drop off and enjoy what is IMHO a stunning model with sound, at a competitive price. Whats the Answer to satisfy both markets ? Is there one ? Maybe a model with less small bits factory fitted and an ' addon' super detail pack that can be purchased as an extra OR supplied but not fitted ? So those who wish can add as much as they wish ? Yes you will probably still get complaints from those who want super detail display models, who will hardly ever run them and think everything should be attached and arrive in perfect condition, But maybe a silent majority of the thousands of customers MIGHT actually be happy with less detailed bits to 'ping' off when they just want to run them ?

I don't know the answer, Personally I don't think anyone Does !

Oh and before I get shot down yes this is my own thoughts and yes there could EQUALLY be thousands of those customers who DO want all that super detail, factory fitted and a foolproof solution to bits pinging off when you handle them, at the same price 

JMHO

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Round of applause 1

Absolutely fantastic model!

I have waited for D9016 in purple after pondering the Lima one from a while back... but when Accurascale announced it I was really pleased, so placed my order.

I have yet to run it but I did go whole hog and went for DCC Sound... so really looking forward to running it and hearing the model in full form.

My only recollection was seeing it at Overton on the Basingstoke to Salisbury line for the one and only time in my life after having seen photos and thinking I would never see it at all.  It was running light loco behind a steam railtour, I believe as a support loco.  My photo of it was clear and it really made my day as I didn't even know it was coming!  So, to have a such a special model of that particular loco helps sustain that happy memory, so a sincere thank you to Accurascale.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

This as well. I would happily pay £10-15 for a set of buffer beams and an extra detailing pack for display purposes.

Great idea.

Accuspares. I can see this taking off!

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

Not sure if I blinked and missed it, but haven't seen side-by-side comparison with the Bachmann equivalent, so here are Blue Box 9005 alongside newcomer 9021.

Good Lord, the Bachmann's nose is worse than I remembered!  And I remembered it was baaad 🤢

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Matt C said:

AND your not getting it chucked about in a small Van 🤪

But it's already been thrown about & maybe at the bottom of a full demountable body in a large truck.

I've done agency driving for one of the big "good" parcels outfits.

• Funny 1

I've got a couple of songs in a loop while waiting for my two to be dispatched:

'sitting on a dock on the bay' Otis Redding

'i've been waiting for a girl (deltic) like you' Foreigner

'waiting in vain' Bob Marley

Edited by rembrow
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, rembrow said:

I've got a couple of songs in a loop while waiting for my two to be dispatched:

'sitting on a dock on the bay' Otis Redding

'i've been waiting for a girl (deltic) like you' Foreigner

You should be listing to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbzc77Tz6PA

Ok, it should be loco, but you get the drift...

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge