Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, SamThomas said:

But it's already been thrown about & maybe at the bottom of a full demountable body in a large truck.

I've done agency driving for one of the big "good" parcels outfits.

1) picked up under the eyes of the customer, due to number probably on a pallet

2) unloaded at hub and sorted to 'areas' under the eyes of supervisors and bosses

3) loaded onto pallets or cages for transport in trailer to re!avent hub for final delivery

4) unloaded and sorted for delivery ( bosses watching)

4A) placed on shelf in customer collection area

5) loaded on small van with someones car parts thrown on top then driven round and round like an excocet at 90 miles an hour, taking corners on two wheels, by some nutjob trying to make up time as hes late out with too many deliveries ( been there, done that, never again thanks)

My choice if possible as a customer is always 4A 🤪

Sorry ! Not meaning to give those still waiting palpatations ! I'm sure yours will be handled like a delacate egg 😆

Only got to have the briefest of looks at D9010 last night but oh my... That's a nice model! So many little details exuding from it and yet the model feels robust (probably because it weighs a tonne). To my knowledge, it is all in one piece but I shall have a proper look later and also get it on the rolling road for a spin...

• Like 5

7 hours ago, wairoa said:

When Accurascale sent your models did it show on the website they were sent or did you receive an e-mail informing you of such?

Email from both Accurascale and DHL,plus text from DHL.  If you look at your order on Accurascale website it also gives the tracking number in blue.

Edited by d46037
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, rembrow said:

I've got a couple of songs in a loop while waiting for my two to be dispatched:

'sitting on a dock on the bay' Otis Redding

'i've been waiting for a girl (deltic) like you' Foreigner

'waiting in vain' Bob Marley

Mike and the Mechanics' Silent Running (which a Deltic is anything but) includes the line: - Can you hear me running...whilst anything by Big Big Train has to be worth a listen...

• RMweb Gold

Good morning everyone!

Just a quick update; we're just at the half way point now of orders dispatched from the warehouse. All going well we shall be done by the end of this week, but we will keep you updated of course. 

Thanks very much for your patience once again, it's very much appreciated. We hope those of you who have taken delivery are enjoying your new locos!

Who will be the first to weather theirs?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

On 16/06/2022 at 21:07, AndrewB7585 said:

He also said they should stop announcing new models until they’ve actually delivered a few of them “to increase buyers confidence in them”. I’d say judging from this forum our confidence is pretty high already. I’m counting the days until KOYLI arrives 

So if he said that everyone should jump out of a 4th storey window to make your life considerably better would you do it?

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

Speaking of the Bachmann model, thought I'd compare Nimbus and RSG.  The different front end is particularly striking.   Porterbrook was in two pieces in the box, one very big one, one smaller one.  Any idea what this is off?

IMG_20220620_230952438_copy_768x1024.jpg

IMG_20220620_230843129_copy_1024x768.jpg

IMG_20220620_230740484_copy_1024x768.jpg

IMG_20220620_230620062_copy_1024x768.jpg

Different class, isn't it?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Who will be the first to weather theirs?

Cheers!

Fran 

Here's a reference photo for anyone wanting to weather their new shiny Deltic. Perhaps a 1981 condition 55011.

55011 'The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers' Newcastle 1981.jpg

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, McC said:

Apologies if I've missed it but is there an indication somewhere of which version of the detailing should be fitted to a specific model or is that just determined by what comes in the bits bag for each model (i.e. the intelligent stuff done before it reaches us)?

3 hours ago, Matt C said:

2) unloaded at hub and sorted to 'areas' under the eyes of supervisors and bosses

3) loaded onto pallets or cages for transport in trailer to re!avent hub for final delivery

5) loaded on small van with someones car parts thrown on top then driven round and round like an excocet at 90 miles an hour, taking corners on two wheels, by some nutjob trying to make up time as hes late out with too many deliveries ( been there, done that, never again thanks)

Sorry ! Not meaning to give those still waiting palpatations ! I'm sure yours will be handled like a delacate egg 😆

I ordered an A4 tender off eBay which was delivered by one of the well known 'couriers' yesterday. I requested it be left by my patio door and had deliberately left the gate unlocked. The delivery photo was taken through my fence and the parcel was nowhere near the patio door. I'm glad the sender had packed it well as I can only surmise it had been frisbeed over my fence 😒 

I'd just like to state the courier was not DHL.

Cheers,

• Friendly/supportive 3

13 hours ago, Hound Dog said:

55001 St Paddy arrived today and it is indeed a thing of beauty, but ran it on the layout tonight and ended up with a bag of bits and currently have all four chains held by a spot of black tack……. I am all for detail but as workable models there has to be a bit of durability built into the design.

Also having frequent derailments - yes I have 2nd radius curves and curved points but I do feel that in certain attitudes ( eg up or down inclines when the significant weight shifts across the bogie) there is pipework, coupling or brake blocks ( or even these pesky chains) that are restricting the arc of movement of the bogies…….. I have Nimbus hopefully arriving in a day or two, so will reserve judgement until I get to try it on the layout but suffice to say my Bachman Deltic was dragged from its slumber and attached to a rake of coaches and never derailed once !

As per Hound Dog one of my two delivered comes off (55005) on curved tracked and my track is radius 3 and 4 curves and no other locos come off at the same place. It cannot be due to the chains, in my case, as I had to take those all off to sort the rattle caused by a loose speaker and the vibrating (removable) cab bulkheads. Ballymoss does not seemed to do the same and I am awaiting 55011 arrival. For me these are great locos at a great price but alas that is somewhat tempered by them appearing to suffer from the scourge of modern manufacturing in terms of quality control if my own experiences and of those of many others in this RMweb thread are anything to go on let alone those not on RMweb etc... 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Motorway12 said:

As per Hound Dog one of my two delivered comes off (55005) on curved tracked and my track is radius 3 and 4 curves and no other locos come off at the same place. It cannot be due to the chains, in my case, as I had to take those all off to sort the rattle caused by a loose speaker and the vibrating (removable) cab bulkheads. Ballymoss does not seemed to do the same and I am awaiting 55011 arrival. For me these are great locos at a great price but alas that is somewhat tempered by them appearing to suffer from the scourge of modern manufacturing in terms of quality control if my own experiences and of those of many others in this RMweb thread are anything to go on let alone those not on RMweb etc... 

Hi @Motorway12,

Sorry to hear this as the Deltics can easily cope with R2. Can you check the back to backs of the wheels, and email us with your order number support@accurascale.co.uk should you require further assistance?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt C said:

I admire your faith in 2 > 4.

Parcels are not a;ways on pallets or cages.

Collecting from the hub only eliminates 5.

42 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Motorway12,

Sorry to hear this as the Deltics can easily cope with R2. Can you check the back to backs of the wheels, and email us with your order number support@accurascale.co.uk should you require further assistance?

Cheers!

Fran 

For those of us using “foreign” fixed dimension track, what radius is “R2” please?

Received my first of five Deltics today, 55 001 St Paddy.

Magnificent model and thankfully all bits intact and runs smooth as silk including on R2 track. I just wish I had got it with sound. Fingers crossed for the other four Deltics I've ordered (Ballymoss, Tulyar, The Black Watch & 1980 KOYLI all with sound) arriving in the same beautiful condition.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, SamThomas said:

I admire your faith in 2 > 4.

Parcels are not a;ways on pallets or cages.

Collecting from the hub only eliminates 5.

More observation than faith. 1>4 are more generally carried out  under the eyes of the customer or Management and  are more GENERALLY treated gently due to observation. Transport via hubs is normally in larger vehicles and driven on motorways so not ' slung about' in increasingly emptying vans. 5 is the worst of the process and the one I prefer to negate if possible ?

Anyway back to the Deltics. . . . .

• RMweb Premium

I’ve unfortunately had some chains come loose in transit and thought I would share one possible solution.

i must point out that Accurascale have immediately offered to repair as my eyesight is nowhere near good enough

to do this myself !

Where the offending chain attaches to the body there is an ‘L’ shaped lug and what I have decided to do is 

glue this permanently on top of the bogie just under where it should locate.

Do this to all four corners and the result is a barely noticeable compromise which should help when removing

the body. 😁

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4