Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

2 minutes ago, McC said:

an accurascale chip and speaker bundle is being worked on. More anon. 

You won't believe how happy I am to hear that 😀

Part of the reason I didn't order KOYLI or Alicidon with sound was that I wanted to be able to have the same project in all four, so this is great news.

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

@Accurascale Fran @McC

I think fair to say you've learnt a few lessons from this first loco launch.

In many ways it's been a really good strategy to have these as exclusives as it clearly does help when these issues come to light e.g.

• Packaging 
  • How to guides
  • Loose details and how to put them back
  • The etches not being in one of the boxes
  • and no doubt a fair few others.

In the grand scheme of things though this has gone really quite smoothly considering you are sending out 500+ models a day and responding here in record time, whilst keeping all the other non-RMWeb people up to speed through the issuing of guides. It's very commendable and you should not be hard on yourselves. It was a risk when you took this on and it's certainly paying off. 

I must confess I don't have one on order but have many 37's and a 92 along with a fair few other bits. I am though waiting for a purple one to come available (fingers crossed). Failing that waiting for batch 2 where I'd like to think there'd be another run of it based on the number of others in a similar position.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Al,

It's an interesting one. We have made improvements to parcel packaging since the first day (really wasn't acceptable and caused issues for sure) and it has cut down on reports significantly. The return ratio to locomotives sent out is under 1% so far, so while damning photos (and they kill us to see, really do) stick in the mind and show something that shouldn't happen, there are literal 1000s who are happy out and have had them arrive intact and ready to go. 

I think bad news always sticks in the minds rather than good news, hence how newspapers sell. But, while we likely did push the detail envelope to the real outer edge with the bogie chains, overall most have arrived spot on and have been enjoyed. Will we make improvements going forward? You bet. Should there be bits in the box? Absolutely not. But, in the vast majority of cases it has not been occurring. If it has, just one email to us and we will sort you out.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran.

Thanks.

Obviously 'bad news travels fast' and all arriving as anticipated generally go unnoticed.

It is very clear the passion you guys have for your business, which I do appreciate - my KOYLI still pending but I can wait.

Thank you for taking time to respond.

Al.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Correct, but for a reference guide to the illustrations it serves the correct purpose?

Cheers!

Fran 

It does. Assuming the instructions make clear that the steam hose should still be fitted

4 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

It does. Assuming the instructions make clear that the steam hose should still be fitted

Yes they do, though l believe from some earlier posts on here that some have had the steam heating removed post preservation so are actually "ETH" (and Version 4?)

One minor point while talking of buffer beam detail - and l only mention this as an easy user fix for those who wish to - on Vacuum only locos the Main Reservior Pipe cocks and coupling heads were white, they're only yellow with Air Brakes.

• RMweb Gold

Had my notification email to say 'Nimbus' is on the way - happy days. Is it wrong to be disappointed to know that this means the parcel that's arrived today must  'only' be a Bachmann 47?

And more importantly will Mrs P realise this is a third loco in addition to the two Deltics I have confessed to?

Because she might not be able to tell a Brush from a Deltic but she can definitely count to three! 🙄

• Funny 10

20 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Yes, get it sent via Hermes 

Despite your close proximity, you clearly don't have the same Evri (Hermes) delivery lady as us.

Invariably prompt, polite, cheery and hands over the package person-to-person.

As ever, a company's service is only as good as the human links in the delivery chain!

.... and I've never had a lost or damaged package in the 10+ years that we've been here in Cornwall.

John Isherwood.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Is it wrong to be disappointed to know that this means the parcel that's arrived today must  'only' be a Bachmann 47?

Both manufacturers have recreated the emotions of the time in their quest for accuracy. It's the same emotion as finding that Newc-Kings Cross service you were going to catch from York to Doncaster in 1979 turns up behind a 47. Perfectly good but not what you'd hoped for.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Despite your close proximity, you clearly don't have the same Evri (Hermes) delivery lady as us.

As ever, a company's service is only as good as the human links in the delivery chain!

.... and I've never had a lost or damaged package in the 10+ years that we've been here in Cornwall.

John Isherwood.

Well said - round my way I cannot fault the DPD, Royal Mail or Evri service - all first rate. Amazon is another matter with a driver that keeps delivering parcels to the wrong house number....

Roy

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

John Isherwood.

Our delivery (term used loosely) chap is a real miserable old , he uses various vehicles I swear he buys from auction and runs them till they fail and buys another!  I have seen him on more than one occasion having a barney with somebody who he had either blocked in while he delivers or has had a slight driving “disagreement” with.

His favourite tactic with us is just to drop it over our gate, and it stays there (we rarely use that entrance) until one of us says “oh look, a parcel”……if we are lucky it hasn’t rained in the mean time.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Well said - round my way I cannot fault the DPD, Royal Mail or Evri service - all first rate. Amazon is another matter with a driver that keeps delivering parcels to the wrong house number....

Roy

Now you see, DPD, Royal Mail (especially so as most are local) are brilliant, and our Amazon drivers are the best, and we use Amazon at least once or twice a week.

As said before it all depends upon the employee rather than the company……to an extent. 😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ken.W said:

Yes they do, though l believe from some earlier posts on here that some have had the steam heating removed post preservation so are actually "ETH" (and Version 4?)

One minor point while talking of buffer beam detail - and l only mention this as an easy user fix for those who wish to - on Vacuum only locos the Main Reservior Pipe cocks and coupling heads were white, they're only yellow with Air Brakes.

But even the preserved locos still have the pipes presumably for cosmetic value, (unless they have through steam piping for heritage line use...?)

D9000 has landed - and well, what a step up from the old model! 

PXL_20220621_170403607.thumb.jpg.0f4d6c0838b2ce69cb7814b637310ea8.jpg

PXL_20220621_170425351.thumb.jpg.b604fbd38d402dd3ea6804d3f422e446.jpg

I would like to say she is perfect, but there are a few issues. There are a lot of specs of black paint in the box that have fallen off detail parts, two of the chains have detached (one is broken but can be fixed), part of the fuel tank detail was in the bottom of the box and sadly one of the headboard brackets has sheared off;

PXL_20220621_164101767.thumb.jpg.280851690115e59af6107b49e97821a1.jpg

PXL_20220621_163751337.thumb.jpg.6a4551d983c43387ab4b97ea94a5a999.jpg

Fixing these are well within my modelling skills, so I will be keeping my RSG, but I feel that for the most part the packaging is at fault. Whilst the current end-clipped clear plastic inserts are streets ahead of the old poly trays, it is the clipped end that had the sheared off bracket and it looks to me as if the chains have been squeezed in the box.

I do also have a bent horn (no laughing in the back) and one of the fuel tank pipes needs some adjustment, but the level of detail....wow. 

Now, the rest of the box is fantastic but I think this end-clipped clear insert needs to be revised, not just by Accurascale but across the board as I've recently had Hornby and Bachmann locos that have been damaged or have had rubbed paint at the clip end. I feel that Heljan, Dapol and Rapido have made their versions better, but this is only my opinion.

With regards to the loco, it's detail, build quality and finish are fantastic for the price. Yes, the central roof insert paint demarcation is a little fuzzy and the cab window etches aren't a perfect fit, but we've already seen an improvement on this with the class 37 samples, so I think the Deltic is a very good first step into the mainland UK loco market for Accurascale, especially given what is currently being produced by the red box company at substantially higher prices. 

PXL_20220621_164007446.thumb.jpg.90ca9dce6ca11dab0f0c4ec0053cec60.jpg

I can't wait for my other three to arrive,

Cheers,

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

My 55003 Meld has arrived, I opened it carefully over a sheet of white paper but no loose parts at all, looks fabulous. ran smoothly (DC) on my test track.

Congratulations to Accurascale on successful delivery of what is a superb model. In these times it is an impressive achievement. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, cctransuk said:

John Isherwood.

Our Hermes (Evri) driver drove passed our house then immediately reported that no one was in so couldn't deliver. He had apparently tried three times, the last two times were after the supplier had already been told the parcel was being returned.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Haverail said:

Our Hermes (Evri) driver drove passed our house then immediately reported that no one was in so couldn't deliver. He had apparently tried three times, the last two times were after the supplier had already been told the parcel was being returned.

Not an Accurascale delivery I trust? They seem to be using DHL....

• Like 2