Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

19 minutes ago, Wolf27 said:

So far I have avoided my Deltic having any actual Earth faults but it has disgraced itself on a couple of occasions now. Also picked up some cobwebs along the way04D88A45-1D41-41D5-8BF7-C1BF907B8D9E.thumb.jpeg.1947133299804ac638a66ba056fd2a0c.jpeg

Driving too fast?  Tut, tut,tut.

Is it my imagination/angle of picture or do the lower front cab handrails stick out a little too far?

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, 60800 said:

In my view the only RTR locos that come close to this are the Bachmann 90 and Dapol Western, but both have flaws worse than anything I have mentioned here. From what we've seen of the 92 and 37 so far I think they will be even better. 

Cheers,

The SLW class 24 would surely be on par though? I don't have one, but a few 25's are on order.

Cameron

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Mophead45143 said:

The SLW class 24 would surely be on par though? I don't have one, but a few 25's are on order.

Cameron

I have 6 SLW 24s and they are excellent. I think the one Deltic I have so far (55018) is on a par and probably slightly beats it. Both are way better than the Dapol Western.

As an aside, I have never suffered any damage to an SLW in transit - they have two screws attaching them to a base (screw through into the chassis) which is then covered in clear plastic (forming a box), then surrounded by foam in a metal tin (not sure that being a tin rather than a box is of any benefit here). I appreciate that the Deltic is heavier (more screws needed?), but would a similar approach possibly be more protective as nothing comes into contact with the loco itself. Couple of photos showing attachment to the base here (not my site): South Pelaw Jn Site

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold

The SLW screw fixing is excellent - Heljan 7mm diesels are similarly packed on substantial mdf bases with inset tracks for the wheels:

49647862738_3bcd6477f7_z.jpg

Chris

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Mophead45143 said:

Cameron

I don't have any SLW locos sadly, as I refuse to spend my money with them, so I can only go off my own experience. My Bachmann 24 and 25 are good enough for me.

The Dapol Western had issues with the lights and trying to fit headcodes (which is why I sold mine on) but I still attest it is visually very impressive. 

If the Bachmann 90 didn't have that awful grindy pantograph mechanism I would like it a lot better, but it is still an easy second to the new Deltic. 

Cheers,

• RMweb Gold

When I’ve received locos with unintended bits in the box, Heljan 86s being a recent example, it’s been due to them being attached at the factory with cyanoacrylate, which is brittle. Also, when glued to the lacquered mazak chassis, sometimes the glue holds, but the lacquer comes off. I always reattach with epoxy.

Edited by 97406
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

It was mentioned quite a few pages back that it uses an MKL decoder, I don't think thats the case. Mine has a Loksound 5 DCC in there, which means if you used an MKL type decoder (either a Lokpilot or Loksound) Aux 3 and 4 wont work.

Richard

I think the reference was that somebody was trying to use a MKL decoder when they shouldn't be.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Other than a couple of loose nose end steps, my two Deltics from Accurascale arrived in perfect condition yesterday and the replacement P4 and EM wheel sets arrived today.  Just 55002 to come from Rails now...

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

37 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I think the reference was that somebody was trying to use a MKL decoder when they shouldn't be.

Roy

Wish people would start using Plux22 - much less scope for confusion 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, johndon said:

Other than a couple of loose nose end steps, my two Deltics from Accurascale arrived in perfect condition yesterday and the replacement P4 and EM wheel sets arrived today.  Just 55002 to come from Rails now...

One bogie of each gauge?, should be interesting!!

Mike.

• Like 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

One bogie of each gauge?, should be interesting!!

Mike.

Thanks to a mix up by the supplier (and me not paying attention to what I was fitting) I had a Hornby HST powercar which was running with the lead bogie on P4 wheels and the rear on EM).  It would run fine on plain track and fall over the moment it hit a point.

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

Green contingent just arrived D9006/7/10/14/20 ,following yesterday’s arrival of the blue ones 55001/3 & D9012 and D9000/55022 on Saturday. Just Alycidon from Rails to come now. Although I have plenty of maroon mark1’s for the green ones to play with and blue/grey mk2d’s for the blue ones, I’m very tempted to get a set of accurascale mk2B’s as well.

Edited by d46037
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, d46037 said:

Green contingent just arrived D9006/7/10/14/20 ,following yesterday’s arrival of the blue ones 55001/3 & D9012 and D9000/55022 on Saturday. Just Alycidon from Rails to come now. Although I have plenty of maroon mark1’s for the green ones to play with and blue/grey mk2d’s for the blue ones, I’m very tempted to get a set of accurascale mk2B’s as well.

Quite simple - get 'em!

• Agree 1

Not sure 2bs are suitable for the ECML but they'll look good for sure.

St Paddy has crossed the finishing line this morning and I have to say, well worth the 3 year wait.

My trust in your ability to deliver was and is well placed, guys.

If the quality of your wagons was not in itself an indicator of what to expect, then seeing your first loco in the flesh most certainly is!

That someone has finally got that elusive nose profile so right is a source of joy to me and now I'm back on the platform at Berwick in the late 70s, listening to the Napiers throb as the brake is released and Deltic prepares to set of south across the Royal Border Bridge.

She really is a beauty and to say I'm delighted with the model is to grossly understate things. 🙂

So. Thanks. 🙂👍

IMG-20220622-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20220622-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20220622-WA0004.jpeg

Edited by Mad McCann
Typo
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Oooooooooo, just received a DHL "Order Received" notification.

I hope this is from Accurascale, If so then ACC-27xxx have started to be processed/

:)   :)

Kev.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone re-gauged theirs to EM/P4 yet? I know there's a guide coming but I'm petrified to damage my 9021 in the meantime.

I think it was previously stated that you just pop off the keeper plate so I'll keep investigating (but very gently).

Douglas

32 minutes ago, Edna Clouds said:

Quite simple - get 'em!

I have D9008 in original,Vulcan fresh livery coming from Rails and will try and grab a set of Bachmann Mark 1 Pullmans and a 1928 brake K car from Hornby to create the Tees-Tyne Pullman.

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, SHMD said:

Oooooooooo, just received a DHL "Order Received" notification.

I hope this is from Accurascale, If so then ACC-27xxx have started to be processed/

:)   :)

Kev.

Ooh, I’m a 27xxx and 28xxx. Won’t be long now. Something for the weekend, sir? 

9CC1B8CD-744B-442F-AC69-5B6F32AB2900.jpeg

• Funny 4

13 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Ooh, I’m a 27xxx and 28xxx. Won’t be long now. Something for the weekend, sir? 

9CC1B8CD-744B-442F-AC69-5B6F32AB2900.jpeg

I’m not sure it works like that, my deposit order no was 24xx and the main order was 99xx. Also my parcel wasnt delivered by DHL. All my tracking info came direct from Accurascale.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Wolf27 said:

I’m not sure it works like that, my deposit order no was 24xx and the main order was 99xx. Also my parcel wasnt delivered by DHL. All my tracking info came direct from Accurascale.

Knowing my luck, I’ll be the last one…. ☹️ 

812A4C7D-E6CB-4E8F-BCB7-43D4E9897AC9.jpeg

• Friendly/supportive 3