Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

And personally I don’t like the fact that winning or not an item is decided based on whether one person’s sniping tool is better than someone else’s.

I think the value of your bid also has something to do with it. 😄

One can also snipe manually by submitting a real time bid at the last minute. 

IMO stopping an auction early has the potential to decrease the amount one may have sold the item for and I don't really see the point of that.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I keep having to go back a page or two to check that previous answers to questions subsequently asked haven't disappeared for some reason.

Of course they haven't!

You have to admit though 240 odd pages (some very odd) might put people off trawling through them all.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, boxbrownie said:

You have to admit though 240 odd pages (some very odd) might put people off trawling through them all.

They have access to the search tool to search within the topic. But I think we know the answer.

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

They have access to the search tool to search within the topic. But I think we know the answer.

Of course, but I often find with the search tool it brings up some spurious answers which still have to be filtered out.

And then of course some people are just not so “tech” savvy and asking a question on a relevant thread is the first obvious action.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, Balgrayhill said:

Some people are just plain lazy too!

If I'm looking for info on a model, I'll find the date it was released then go back in the thread to find comment from then onwards

Of course they can be, but some are just unfamiliar with e-tech as well.

Give and take seems a good place to start.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, thetrains said:

Forget ebay can this get back on topic?

OK - Following advice from AS via email, found the glue spot on one of the wheels of Black Watch which had made it, sound more like a steam train with thumping through the baseboard.

Pinged off easily and now runs smooth as silk (when the sound is off). I guess with the weight of the loco anything on the wheels is going to impact heavily on the track. I seem to remember another had found this earlier in this thread which is what AS referred to. Just shows how valuable the feedback and constructive stuff is on the site.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Interesting what Richard of 'Roads and Rails' is finding with the speaker vibration.

It might not be just missing screws to the speaker holding brackets, but contact between the speaker cone and the circuit board / fan assembly above it.

Richard wanted to address this on his own U tube channel, but I thought it useful to see how he was getting on with his investigations

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

27 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

found the glue spot on one of the wheels of Black Watch which had made it, sound more like a steam train with thumping through the baseboard

Mine had one of these too, I think it was an issue reported earlier in the thread.

When at max speed it sounded like the sound file had a machine gun effect in it!

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

I hope that Accurascale can read this, and instead of laughing, take it as a bit of constructive feedback that might help them improve the design of their future models. I'm not the only person who is experienced with sound that has come to the same conclusion about the lack of space above the speaker

Richard

interesting post Richard and we’ve always said we value all feedback (so not sure why anyone would be laughing?)

A small number of speakers missed screws, some were glued down and some had slight interference issues. As always the key point is ‘a small number’ but anyone having anything less than perfect means we need to improve tolerances and continue redeveloping and reacting to what we see and learn. 

As always our warranty team are standing by and anyone having any issues are invited to avail of our completely free return and warranty service regardless where you bought your model. 

thank you for taking the time to post. 

• Like 16
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

If you really wanted to get the full potential out of one of the more bassy sound files you would need to remove the PCB and fans completely from the main speaker end. which would mean no engine room lights, and no cab lights at end 1, which I suspect most people wont want to do.

I suppose now engine room lights, working pantographs and the like are features it further limits the space for speakers.

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, McC said:

interesting post Richard and we’ve always said we value all feedback (so not sure why anyone would be laughing?)

A small number of speakers missed screws, some were glued down and some had slight interference issues. As always the key point is ‘a small number’ but anyone having anything less than perfect means we need to improve tolerances and continue redeveloping and reacting to what we see and learn. 

As always our warranty team are standing by and anyone having any issues are invited to avail of our completely free return and warranty service regardless where you bought your model

thank you for taking the time to post. 

I know you have said it's only a small number involved in Warranty claims but

As the question will almost certainly crop up, I'll ask it now :-

Obviously those who ordered direct contact yourselves, but those who ordered from DPS, Locomotion etc, Do they contact those suppliers ? Who will then arange free pickup and return ? OR contact you guys direct stating order numbers and supplier involved so that YOU will organise pickup and return ?

Just asking cos someone will, and I THOUGHT I had seen someone say they had been told to contact the Retail supplier involved. Would be good to have a definitive answer

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

I wont say anything else on the matter

I'm removing the post as it's not the place to escalate this. Take it off forum please.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Matt C said:

I know you have said it's only a small number involved in Warranty claims but

As the question will almost certainly crop up, I'll ask it now :-

Obviously those who ordered direct contact yourselves, but those who ordered from DPS, Locomotion etc, Do they contact those suppliers ? Who will then arange free pickup and return ? OR contact you guys direct stating order numbers and supplier involved so that YOU will organise pickup and return ?

Just asking cos someone will, and I THOUGHT I had seen someone say they had been told to contact the Retail supplier involved. Would be good to have a definitive answer

Officially and in the first instance your contract is with whom ever you purchased the locomotive from. 

However as modelers our first priority is always to deliver the quality of experience we would like to receive ourselves and as such if you require spare parts or your model requires attention That is not a simple refund or replacement that your retailer can facilitate you are more than welcome to reach out directly to us

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, AndrewB7585 said:

I’d not really seen a theme to Accurascales announcements. 

Deltic - ECML

Class 92 - WCML, SE England, HS1 & Chunnel

Class 37 - Everywhere

Class 31 - I’m no expert but they got about a bit didn’t they?

I’d buy either a 40 or 50 so long as current day mainline certified versions were an option. The 50 seems more viable due to shared bogies with previous releases and the wide choice of liveries. 

The bogies arent quite that straight forwards, there are differences. Those who remember Limas 50/55 will note the cab steps of the 50 dont align to the door.. but those bogies have cast vs fabricated differences which make them look different.

Whilst being a 40 fan, the lack of liveries and larger number of nose differences vs the cult following nearly every 50 obtained starting with 50041’s revival, until the end of 007/33/400 and that from a paint perspective many were both unique, and celebrity status I think only Accurascale could pull it off accurately… to me my wish list is much the same as many others will be… 007/008/15/33/149/D400 all in end of service condition… then insert some favourites like l/l 001, rNSE 032 with blue plates, 017 in NSE, 023 NSE etc…

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I've finally got round to putting 9016 on the rolling road. I absolutely love it. I think there's some fiddling I need to do with the CV values as others have helping suggested e.g. starting voltage and master volume. Me and my fiancee (she loves the colour purple and enjoys the light and sound fitted models - what a terrible shame :P) had a great time trying out the sound functions.

My single niggle is unfortunately the vibrating speaker. That being said I will try this at a slightly reduced volume as it's a bit too loud for me straight out the box. 

Failing that I'll get in touch with Accuascale to fix it though I'm not in any rush without a layout currently so might wait for a few of them to be sent in so they can work out what the issue actually is and no doubt feedback if necessary. I'd really prefer not sending it back in the post if possible as otherwise it's in such good condition.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The bogies arent quite that straight forwards, there are differences. Those who remember Limas 50/55 will note the cab steps of the 50 dont align to the door.. but those bogies have cast vs fabricated differences which make them look different.

Haven’t Accurascale tooled up both cast and fabricated bogies for the Class 37? If they were planning on producing the 50 in the future  they may also have allowed for the differences in step location

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, SHMD said:

I don't think the 50s fit in well with the AS theme of East Coast "race horses" - the 40s do.

Kev.

Only in a negative way. The 40s were sometimes called the “Mein Gotts” because that was the reaction of a German engineer when he learned how heavy the machine was with only a 2,000 hp engine. The Deltics were ordered because of the inadequacies of the 40s on the ECML.

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, thetrains said:

This will probably make me unpopular, but also more bits have fell off just going round, guard irons (not found yet) and were superglued back on as were loose in box, the blue valve bits above tanks (found them as colour helps), there's a periodic rattle developed and its not a sound version!   The overall look of model is perfect, it's just too fragile.  At the moment I am disinclined to get a 31 or a 37 from retailers who are still taking orders.  I feel that if it been another £100+ more, like other makes, it would be going back.  From a personal perspective, I prefer a model to look right, but if minute details, like guard irons are a bit overscale to make them more robust so be it.  The other bits that were in box look like sandbox thingies, but not sure, again so hardly visible why bother.

Hi @thetrains, 

We hear you on the detail, and as I said previously (many many pages back now) we may have pushed he envelope with some of the detail parts which we will learn from and take into the design and manufacture of future locos (as well as Deltic run 2). Some parts will certainly go into a baggie as user applied going forward.

Also, just remember if you have any issues with any Accurascale model you just need to reach out to us at support@accurascale.co.uk and we will help you out.

Cheers!

Fran  

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @thetrains, 

We hear you on the detail, and as I said previously (many many pages back now) we may have pushed he envelope with some of the detail parts which we will learn from and take into the design and manufacture of future locos (as well as Deltic run 2). Some parts will certainly go into a baggie as user applied going forward.

Also, just remember if you have any issues with any Accurascale model you just need to reach out to us at support@accurascale.co.uk and we will help you out.

Cheers!

Fran  

one good lesson is possibly making sure that small detail parts are cast in their final colour, negating the need for paint and better glue bonds.

Problems with the kinematic coupling may be made worse by this approach too, it looks like the plate is painted so is not as “slippery” as if it was cast in black polythene type plastic.

as you say, lessons learnt and future models will be even better 😁🚂🚂🚂🚂

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Matt C said:

Accurascale Class 55 Support Page, If it doesn't load first time refresh the page 

https://www.accurascale.com/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/class-55-deltic

There you will find the manual and some of the frequently asked support questions plus answers

Edit to Add, it can take a few moments to load the page, If it doesn't load then hit re load or put your finger on the central grey ' Support ' and drag down ( tablets etc)

You should see a few wavy lines under the Grey ' Support' as it loads in

HTH

Doesnt matter, people want everything handed to them now, especially when its right under their nose, the link above could be a pop up that needs to be closed before you view the page and people will still look for the info

There an old adage about bringing a horse to water