Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Hi Fran,

Congratulations on the Deltics - they really are amazing.   

I'm looking at renumbering my late 70s 'MELD' to represent 'PINZA', and in your earlier post demonstrating removing the printed numbers, you mentioned "a mix of 99.9% IPA and a 6% water dilution".    Does this mean mostly IPA with a little (6%) of water in it or the other way around, mostly water with 6% IPA added?

Thanks and best regards

Stuart

KOYLI and Alycidon have now been picked up from work;

KOYLI is perfect out the box and Alycidon just has a scratch through one of her numbers. I'll have to decide if it bothers me enough to warrant removing the affected number and applying a replacement. I might yet be removing them anyway to change her to 55009 with suitable red bits on the nose ends - Maybe this is a sign telling me to do it 😉 

1609564436_PXL_20220704_121212609.NIGHT2.thumb.jpg.55c1342d5be846d326026a032aecef7e.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by 60800
  • Like 10

7 hours ago, thetrains said:

Thanks, sounds like the mod didn't work.  I'm giving up.

The mod works fine….. you just need to take care to read the posts in both the order and in relation to the comments I was being asked to respond to.

Hi all, does anyone know how to reattach the chains? Does it look like I'm missing a bit? I can sort of hook it back onto the peg, but it doesn't look anything like the other 3 and it comes off again almost immediately.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but there are 240+ pages and search isn't kicking up anything useful. Keen to get this chain back on because it's stopping me from running it.

20220704_111843.jpg

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Grouse101 said:

Hi all, does anyone know how to reattach the chains? Does it look like I'm missing a bit? I can sort of hook it back onto the peg, but it doesn't look anything like the other 3 and it comes off again almost immediately.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but there are 240+ pages and search isn't kicking up anything useful. Keen to get this chain back on because it's stopping me from running it.

20220704_111843.jpg

with glue dear Liza, with glue

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Grouse101 said:

20220704_111843.jpg

Hi @Grouse101,

We have a guide here: https://www.accurascale.com/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/class-55-deltic/how-to-attach-the-chain-between-locomotive-body-and-bogie

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

with glue dear Liza, with glue

But there's a hole in his glue pot dear Liza, dear Liza

Seriously though, you might need to to clear the old glue out of the last link in the chain before fitting over the peg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Monkey28 said:

can anyone tell me the CV for the cab lighting ?

I would like it a little brighter 

The cab lights are on AUX3 (CV294) & AUX4 (CV302).  To adjust the brightness make the following CV changes

CV31=16, CV32=0

CV294 = choose value between 4 & 31

CV302 = choose value between 4 & 31

The current value is 4  (hence the minimum value quoted above).

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

I haven’t seen anything recently. Do you have any update on when the EU orders will be despatched, please? 

Agreed. Accurascale have seem to gone very quiet on when they are sending out overseas orders. Cannot even find their tweet on twitter any longer on when the will ship overseas orders.  Communication for overseas customers seems to be fading.

Edited by wairoa
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, wairoa said:

Agreed. Accurascale have seem to gone very quiet on when they are sending out overseas orders. Cannot even find their tweet on twitter any longer on when the will ship overseas orders.  Communication for overseas customers seems to be fading.

Have you emailed Accurascale customer sevices? Towards the end of last week they were being sent to Ireland for dispatch from their. I assume this will allow spedier transit to other EU countries. Sending from the UK is fraught with delay, sometimes weeks.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, 60800 said:

KOYLI and Alycidon have now been picked up from work;

KOYLI is perfect out the box and Alycidon just has a scratch through one of her numbers. I'll have to decide if it bothers me enough to warrant removing the affected number and applying a replacement. I might yet be removing them anyway to change her to 55009 with suitable red bits on the nose ends - Maybe this is a sign telling me to do it 😉 

1609564436_PXL_20220704_121212609.NIGHT2.thumb.jpg.55c1342d5be846d326026a032aecef7e.jpg

Cheers,

Really wonderful pair. Hopefully waiting for me on my return to the UK.

Magnificent models, albeit slight cab side glazing interface issues on KOYLI (not pushed into window quite far enough).

As well as being 'current' models (give or take the recent livery mods to 9009 as well as the fabricated to cast bogie swap, and the 'retirement' of 9002), as a pair they really give a flavour of the range of permutations that Accurascale have captured, with windscreen wipers, ETH arrangement, cab front vents, and bogies different between the two (as well as the liveries obviously). Doubtless there are some other tiny differences that I have not noticed yet.

And presumably the GPS pod on D9009 is completely unique to this model?

Does anyone know what its purpose is? Obviously D9002 was fully mainline registered without GPS equipment. Why is it needed on D9009?

Looking closely at the real locos, the high intensity headlight is different on D9009 and D9002 (less relief on the former, and sitting more proud on the latter). I can't quite tell if this difference has been incorporated into the two models. Maybe @McC or @Accurascale Fran can advise. Its a tiny variation do don't blame them if its not within the tooling suite, but interested to know.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Apologies on this. We’re still navigating the fun that is the additional paperwork needed to export the models but we hope to complete it in the coming days. We’re in the hands of changing customs procedures in a very fluid situation and we apologise for the delay. All orders are safe and we will get them to you ASAP. Many thanks for your patience.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

1 hour ago, 55020 said:

The cab lights are on AUX3 (CV294) & AUX4 (CV302).  To adjust the brightness make the following CV changes

CV31=16, CV32=0

CV294 = choose value between 4 & 31

CV302 = choose value between 4 & 31

The current value is 4  (hence the minimum value quoted above).

Steve

Thanks Steve 

That’s very helpful I didn’t want to go messing with the wrong CVs a mess up the sound or something 

that’s tomorrow morning job sorted 

that would be my only criticism of the deltic the the DCC instructions could be more comprehensive.not everyone can understand the General ESU manual 

• Agree 3

Fox Transfers York Crest added to 55011. Railtec also produce these. Under a magnifying glass I noticed that the depot sticker is already a YK one. I winced a bit though when I lifted the model up only to notice that a full cab side window had popped out. Luckily this was found & refixed in place.

DBD4079C-CCC4-4730-8866-BB310E18BF16.jpeg

Edited by DLIBOD17
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, ayrmrg said:

Finally got around to detailing and weathering my two. The 'how to' pages on the Accurascale website for fitting the details etc, should be the benchmark from now on for every other manufacturer. Excellent. 

20220704_203129.jpg

20220704_202430.jpg

Thanks for the feedback! We’ve a lot of notes on board from Deltic. The next release manuals will include more detail in the printed pack as well as QR codes to online guides, downloads and videos. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2

YES - at last, finally managed to get the loose chain refitted. Took a further 15-20 minutes - but as soon as it was in the hole out came the glue. No way is that going to shift.

Now that's the good news - on re-righting the loco something fell out from the bogie - looks like a brake pad. I'm guessing that to refit will require the removal of the bogie. Looking at the instructions for this on the A/S support page, the first thing to do is remove the chains - not a chance! I'll have to live without  a brake on one of the wheels.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

2 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Cab front vents

So that's what they are! 

They were the first things I noticed when I took the loco out of the box. 

The glazing is ok on all of mine except D9000 where the etched frames don't quite fit, but all the ones with white cab surrounds seem to be better than the blues anyway.

Cheers,

3 hours ago, Haverail said:

Have you emailed Accurascale customer sevices? Towards the end of last week they were being sent to Ireland for dispatch from their. I assume this will allow spedier transit to other EU countries. Sending from the UK is fraught with delay, sometimes weeks.

I had e-mailed, yes.  Also asked on Twitter. No response. Thankfully Fran has responded here in the comments. 

Edited by wairoa

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Apologies on this. We’re still navigating the fun that is the additional paperwork needed to export the models but we hope to complete it in the coming days. We’re in the hands of changing customs procedures in a very fluid situation and we apologise for the delay. All orders are safe and we will get them to you ASAP. Many thanks for your patience.

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks for the update Fran. Truly appreciated.