Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Accurascale on this announcement.

Is it the first RTR loco to facilitate re-gauging from 00 to P4 and EM? If so, that alone deserves much praise.

Brian

The original Dapol Austerity 0-6-0ST back in the 1980s had that honour. Also the first RTR model with sprung buffers.

Jason

And here it is, order number 1.. for 2... at 10.39am.

D9010 Green FYE but with BR double arrows.. one we’ve not had before, and Ballymoss, Finsbury Park white cabs. I will probably follow on with 55005.

attachicon.gifDBE11E2C-DCB8-4982-8E8A-0D22FCEFF4F5.jpeg

Mind you I did make an educated guess back in August, if you take the first two letters of the first loco, followed by the first letter after the aprostophe for each loco In the list below, in the same order what word do you get ?

:)

How on earth did you appear to save £30 a model?

I was going to add DCC sound to my Bachmann one, don't think I'll bother now.....

• RMweb Gold

How on earth did you appear to save £30 a model?

I was going to add DCC sound to my Bachmann one, don't think I'll bother now.....

That can be explained by a VAT deduction/addition  ? I had wondered that but having recently bought a set of HUO wagons and asked an invoice question,I understand the apparent discrepancy

• RMweb Gold

To the wonderful team at Accurascale...can you please ensure there is space to comfortably fit an EM2 speaker in this beautiful new model...pretty please.

Justice to the sound can only be served by an EM2.

The sound model includes two speakers (a large bass and small cube), a PowerPack Super capacitor and a (new version) Loksound chip.

The DCC Ready model will include ample space to fit your own speakers should you prefer (thanks to the Tungsten Alloy die cast chassis) but we feel that £90 represents great value for money for the sound pack considering you get two speakers, the powerpack and a loksound ready to go! 

Edited by McC
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the heads up, will that also accommodate an EM2 due to it's size?

As far as I understand, the EM2 is too large and would require other compromises, however we've designed a combination speaker solution that is even superior !

As far as I understand, the EM2 is too large and would require other compromises, however we've designed a combination speaker solution that is even superior !

Then I'm sold!!!...btw I've asked this on the Rails thread but it appears atm only DCC Ready option is available for the preserved models but I want to buy 2 with sound.

Could you clarify please?

• RMweb Gold

Then I'm sold!!!...btw I've asked this on the Rails thread but it appears atm only DCC Ready option is available for the preserved models but I want to buy 2 with sound.

Could you clarify please?

Hi classy52

We're offering all our own models either DCC ready or with our sound solution fitted.

I've no data at the moment on the Rails / NRM / DPS exclusive editions and if they will be offered with sound factory fitted - sorry! 

Hi classy52

We're offering all our own models either DCC ready or with our sound solution fitted.

I've no data at the moment on the Rails / NRM / DPS exclusive editions and if they will be offered with sound factory fitted - sorry! 

Thanks, I really hope the Rails/NRM/DPS exclusive editions are also offered with factory fitted sound and can't see why not in line with all the other models on offer....especially now you've said it will sound even more superior over an EM2  :sungum:

Edited by classy52
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Though a Deltic isn't for me I'm intrigued by the spread of variants which will be available. If I've counted correctly there will be seventeen different models; normally the other rtr chappies drip feed different examples over a number of years. I can't think of any time that such a variety has been offered right from the start.

• RMweb Gold

Though a Deltic isn't for me I'm intrigued by the spread of variants which will be available. If I've counted correctly there will be seventeen different models; normally the other rtr chappies drip feed different examples over a number of years. I can't think of any time that such a variety has been offered right from the start.

We’re doing 22 versions including the NRM / DPS / Rail’s editions in this batch!

• RMweb Gold

This has made my year! I’m so pleased and I can now get rid of the dreadful Bachmann efforts! The chassis on them have warped amongst other problems, so into the dustbin they will be going - I’ll probably keep the motors, etc., I can’t wait for these lovely new models, and will simply purchase as many as I can afford. Thankfully I’ve just come into some money so can afford a fair few of them.

Thank you, Accurascale for announcing what will be the definitive Deltic which will see me through the rest of my life. I’m just so happy right now.

Very best regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

A production Deltic is not for me either, but looking at the specs...................I've ordered one, just couldn't resist :imsohappy: :also thinking of a couple more to go with my Baccy DP1to move towards the Deltic story.........DP2 guys?? sorry I just can' t come at the current offering.

Mike 

Edited by ikks

To the wonderful team at Accurascale...can you please ensure there is space to comfortably fit an EM2 speaker in this beautiful new model...pretty please.

Justice to the sound can only be served by an EM2.

Why would you want your Deltic to sound like a 1500V DC electric?  I suppose rule 1 applies, but even so, it's a bit weird. 

• RMweb Gold

This has made my year! I’m so pleased and I can now get rid of the dreadful Bachmann efforts! The chassis on them have warped amongst other problems, so into the dustbin they will be going - I’ll probably keep the motors, etc., I can’t wait for these lovely new models, and will simply purchase as many as I can afford. Thankfully I’ve just come into some money so can afford a fair few of them.

Thank you, Accurascale for announcing what will be the definitive Deltic which will see me through the rest of my life. I’m just so happy right now.

Very best regards,

Rob.

Oh dear.Is the Bachmann effort really THAT bad ? Having said that.....and considering there is little if any price differential between the new Accurascale and the “efforts” I am sure that Barwell ‘s Deltic will have earned an honourable retirement after 14 years.

The world has moved on and another Bachmann stalwart faces a new challenger.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Erm, isn't it 17 + 6 specials? Or am I missing something...

Sorry, I'm getting a little addled! :)

You are correct, it's 23 versions (KOYLI became 2)! in this manufacturing run.

• Like 1