DELTIC MODELS TO BE PRODUCED FOR LOCOMOTIONMODELS, RAILS LIMITED AND DELTIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY

DELTIC MODELS TO BE PRODUCED FOR LOCOMOTIONMODELS, RAILS LIMITED AND DELTIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY

The announcement by Accurascale that they are to produce an OO Scale Class 55 ‘Deltic’ locomotive has enabled Locomotionmodels, Rails Limited and The Deltic Preservation Society to work together to announce a range of exclusive models that will be jointly marketed by all three organisations. These models are expected to be released in late 2019 and were announced earlier today at the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition.

The following versions will be produced;

1 – 55015 ‘Tulyar’ in 1980’s BR blue livery with the distinctive Finsbury park white cab (Era 7)

2 – D9019 ‘Royal Highland Fusilier’ BR two tone green as running post 1965 (Era 5)

3 – D9009 ‘Alycidon’ in BR blue livery with pre-TOPS number for mainline running, high-intensity headlight, GPS pods, etc. as currently operating on the main line (Era 9)

4 - D9002 ‘Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry’ in two tone green livery as currently preserved and running on the National Network (Era 9).

5 - D9002 ‘Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry’ in two tone green 1980 with full yellow ends as repainted for its final thirteen months in traffic before withdrawal on 31st December 1981. The repaint into its colours was paid for with the aid of a grant from the Friends of the National Railway Museum (Era 7).

6 - D9008 ‘The Green Howards’ in ex-works green livery without yellow warning panel and without name as delivered in July 1961. Central BR Totem, plain sides. no vents etc (optional name plates will be provided in the box to be affixed if required) The locomotive was not named until 30th September 1963. (Era 5)

Tom Mackie, Group Retail Operations Manager for the Science Museum Group said, “We are delighted to work in partnership with Accurascale, our retail partner Rails Limited and The Deltic Preservation Society to include two versions of the Railway Museum’s own Deltic as part of an exciting package of exclusive models produced for the three organisations”.

Brian Greenwood, Chairman of Rails Limited said “This is another significant announcement which further extends the rapidly growing Rails Limited Edition portfolio by working with our now well-established partners at the Railway Museum and the Deltic Preservation Society. We are delighted to be working with yet another quality manufacturer in Accurascale who we are certain are going to deliver an exciting and new dimension to the ever popular Deltic story. The models we have selected all form a significant part of the story of preservation of this iconic locomotive class and represent, in miniature, a glimpse of its evolution over the last nearly 60 years since it was first delivered in 1961. We present both the earliest and very latest in this new model.”

Darrell Marsh of the Deltic Preservation Society said “The Deltic Preservation Society are delighted to be working with Locomotionmodels, Rails of Sheffield and Accurascale on this exciting project to produce a highly detailed range of Deltic models including the three DPS owned locomotives”.

Fran Burke Public Relations and Marketing Director, Accurascale said “We’re delighted to be teaming up with Locomotionmodels, Rails Limited and The Deltic Preservation Society and we’re excited to make them a part of our first Accurascale locomotive launch. As enthusiasts we’re always keen to support our railway heritage where we can. The DPS was instrumental in the development of this model and we hope that the funds generated by these exclusive models help fill their coffers to keep these beasts running for many years to come. We’re also keen to keep contributing to the national collection and we’re delighted to be working with Locomotionmodels and the fantastic team at Rails Limited once again. This project allows us to provide a model of all 22 class members in conjunction with our own range, covering a variety of eras and specific detail differences, which is truly exciting for all us Deltic fans!”

Individual models are expected to retail at £160. Several special packs are also under consideration featuring these models along with sound options.

Further pre-order information will appear from each of the three partners in due course.

• Like 2

Oh fantastic news, don't know much about them but will get them for my modern image layout  :sungum:

Edit: It shall be these 2...

D9009 ‘Alycidon’ in BR blue livery with pre-TOPS number for mainline running, high-intensity headlight, GPS pods, etc. as currently operating on the main line (Era 9)
D9002 ‘Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry’ in two tone green livery as currently preserved and running on the National Network (Era 9).

Blue & Green, can't go wrong.

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Gold

luckily, you can pre-order, paying in full now using Card, Paypal or Wire, or you can secure an order with a £30 deposit also. To avail of the deposit option, simply check out on the website and choose Bank Transfer as payment option. We will then follow up with an invoice and details, allowing you to make a deposit using Wire, Card or Paypal afterwards.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The question has to be how big will the gap over the bogies  turn out to be - remember the FIA Trains LMS Diesels - true to scale but no way would they go round a 438mm curve  never mind one that changes gradient with the adjacent track section which presumably this will be designed for.

Check out the test model here             #28            

We've put a lot of work into ensuring the loco sits down correctly on it's bogies, while also still being able to handle 2nd radius and inclines.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Deltic fan, the 3D print is currently sitting on HUO wheelsets sitting atop of what will be the gearbox so the wheels do look slightly odd. We have an engineering solution for this age old question that will deliver a most convincing look in the model which will be apparent with engineering prototypes etc in the coming months.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Deltic fan, the 3D print is currently sitting on HUO wheelsets sitting atop of what will be the gearbox so the wheels do look slightly odd. We have an engineering solution for this age old question that will deliver a most convincing look in the model which will be apparent with engineering prototypes etc in the coming months.

Cheers!

Fran

Don’t worry Fran I’ve slept on it and I’m sold on it whatever solution you propose. Just one cheeky request - don’t forget the O gauge modellers hint hint!

Don’t worry Fran I’ve slept on it and I’m sold on it whatever solution you propose. Just one cheeky request - don’t forget the O gauge modellers hint hint!

This is great news as all previous releases in both in 4mm an O gauge have fallen well short in the accuracy stakes.

Ive moved on to O gauge some time back and I hope Accurascale nail this and then consider one in 7mm guise

• Like 1

This is great news as all previous releases in both in 4mm an O gauge have fallen well short in the accuracy stakes.

Ive moved on to O gauge some time back and I hope Accurascale nail this and then consider one in 7mm guise

I know the majority of O gauge modellers model steam however diesels that span the steam to modern era generally do well ie. Class 20’s, 40’s, etc. so I hope it makes business sense to do a sensibly priced Deltic and by that I mean not in the £2000 plus display case bracket but somewhere in the £750 to £1000 area. Laurie Loveless came close a few years ago but the price was too high for general appeal and the model had too many errors. I doubt it Heljan would have another go but if a definitive O gauge model came out it may have the similar appeal this one is showing. Well done Accurascale anyway for the 4mm masterpiece about to put right a long over due model.

• Like 1