DELTIC MODELS TO BE PRODUCED FOR LOCOMOTIONMODELS, RAILS LIMITED AND DELTIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY

• RMweb Premium

Ours is an ESU and Accurascale partnership and the key USP are that our solution is engineered from the chassis up :) more details in the new year :)

It will also feature ESU's 'full throttle' feature no doubt which is well worth having on any loco!

Really looking forward to this one.

• 1 month later...

“6 - D9008 ‘The Green Howards’ in ex-works green livery without yellow warning panel and without name as delivered in July 1961. Central BR Totem, plain sides.(sic) no vents etc (optional name plates wil be provided in the box to be affixed if required) The locomotive was not named until 30th September 1963. (Era 5)”

I wonder how affixing the nameplates will work. The central totems will have to be removed and transfers found for the new locations.

• 6 months later...
On 26/11/2018 at 16:43, Silverstreak said:

all previous releases in both in 4mm an O gauge have fallen well short in the accuracy stakes.

Can you give a few pointers on that? Only I've been toying with the Bachmann DP1 from locomotionmodels, simply because I saw it as a boy at the Science museum (I think) in the 70s, and it made an impression on me.

10 minutes ago, truffy said:

...I've been toying with the Bachmann DP1 from locomotionmodels...

The NRM's 4mm version of DP1 is a very good model, beside which Bachmann's model of the production class is decidedly disappointing. Worth the money, especially for the difficult cornflower blue livery, which properly changes in appearance under different lighting as the prototype did.

The major shortfall on DP1 is the use of well under scale diameter wheelsets to avoid the problem that scale diameter wheel tops are inside the body work, and will thereby foul on curves smaller than 30" radius. This is visible and will be a pain to correct, I haven't got around to it yet!

Bachmann know the better path, and demonstrate it on their class 55 and other models. Fit scale diameter wheelsets, then raise the body above the bogies for clearance to allow operation on set track curves. Coupled with a mechanism construction which is easily (and reversibly) modified to drop the body to scale height above the bogies, this provides a path to better appearance than the horrible bodge of visibly undersize wheels. Here's hoping Accurascale follow this proven path.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

Here's hoping Accurascale follow this proven path.

Thanks. Unfortunately, DP1 doesn't appear to be within Accurascale's path. And it's a little off-centre for a straight conversion.

• 1 year later...
On 08/01/2021 at 15:02, Magna Junction said:

Will 55002 have white painted wheel rims, suspension springs and vacuum pipes?

Waiting with excited anticipation of a definitive Deltic model of one of my favourite locos 55002.

Why not check the artwork ;-)

http://www.locomotionmodels.com/coming-soon/class-55-deltic-55002-kings-own-yorkshire-light-infantry.htm

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Ordered, it had to be YOYLI in final livery with sound. The garden circuit round the pond will be reverberating to the sound of a Deltic (track and timber bought - it is my lockdown project for the early-Spring) plus my sound fitted 66 and the class 20.

I am just hoping that my pre-orders which were placed on deposit only don't arrive and hit the bank at the same time! Still outstanding are the Hornby 0-4-0 DVLR Jim, Oxford's BR P3/J27, SMC's G5, Locomotion's Hardwicke and this one. (Two fully paid for - the rest deposit/pre-order only).

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Yes @Legend, both 18 and 22 would in this condition and will have on the final production models.

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks Fran . I should have known you had it covered

I haven't actually signed up for one yet , but these do look very special . I already have a Bachmann RaceHorse , so maybe one of the Blue regiments beckons ... but the two tone green would be good ................decisions decisions!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

Was hoping to see a model with the headlight featured so that it shows it running on the mainline recently. Any chance of a photo of any of those?

Hi @The Black Hat,

They will be previewed by Rails of Sheffield/DPS/Locomotion when they receive them. I saw D9009 and I must say it looks pretty awesome, so keep an eye out for it in the coming weeks. 

Cheers!

Fran