DELTIC MODELS TO BE PRODUCED FOR LOCOMOTIONMODELS, RAILS LIMITED AND DELTIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY

2 hours ago, McC said:

To be very fair to Rails, this has been a learning experience on our end, and we're shipping almost a full container load onto the super patient guys and girls in Sheffield! It has taken longer than we expected (and communicated) to get them all counted, checked, and rechecked, for onward, and to add insult, the carrier truck was too small!! To pick them up as planned leading to a small extra delay. So please don't hold Rails / Locomotion or the DPS responsible for the little extra delay, we promise your patience will be rewarded!

To help clarify / shed some light on the scale, here are just the DCC ready KOYLI's getting loaded up! 

image (1).png

That's quite a sight

is that KOYLI 1982 or 2016 in that picture (or both?)

Seem to be about 70 boxes there, which would be 450-500 models.... :-p

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

That's quite a sight

is that KOYLI 1982 or 2016 in that picture (or both?)

Seem to be about 70 boxes there, which would be 450-500 models.... :-p

What's the official term for a large gathering of deltics? A Cacophony of Deltics? 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

A trip to Buffers (of Axminster/Chard) yesterday and a raid on their 2nd hand blue grey rolling stock means my KOYLI now has a test train to pull round the temporary running in oval when it duly arrives.

Edited by john new
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi all. Received an e-mail; well two actually; this morning to say that Rails have dispatched my model of 55015. A phone call confirmed the tracking id (Royal Mail) and that packages are awaiting pick up around 2 this afternoon. So I will finally have a model if the loco I saw on a shopping trip to Basingstoke way back on 17th October 1981. 😀

Kevin

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Still nothing for me, despite ordering KOYLI in Nov 2018....

Ditto. As I’ve said on the main thread, my experience of Rails is that there is no rhyme or reason as to the order they send stuff out. It literally seems to be a case of whose address label is at the top of the pile……

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

In fairness to Rails of Sheffield, they only received the stock on Friday lunchtime as we had lots of trouble securing an articulated lorry to get them from our warehouse to theirs (due to driver shortage, apparently)

I'd imagine they will be in overdrive getting orders out in the coming days, but the delay certainly is not on them.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

In fairness to Rails of Sheffield, they only received the stock on Friday lunchtime as we had lots of trouble securing an articulated lorry to get them from our warehouse to theirs (due to driver shortage, apparently)

I'd imagine they will be in overdrive getting orders out in the coming days, but the delay certainly is not on them.

Cheers!

Fran 

I WANT MINE NOW. NOT YESTERDAY OR TOMORROW, BUT NOW AND IF I DON'T GET IT I'LL POST ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA ABOUT HOW ACCURASCALE ARE RUBBISH AND YOU'D NEVER SEE THIS LEVEL OF BAD SERVICE FROM OTHER MANUFACTURERS AND I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ACCURSCALE LOCO EVER AGAIN AS THEY'RE ALL USELESS AND DON'T CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND.... AND... AND.... AND 

image.png.0303375035af5964725accfbac1e5d6e.png

Only kidding....

Edited by newbryford
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Surely they needed to book in Allelys considering the weight of the locos!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, newbryford said:

I WANT MINE NOW. NOT YESTERDAY OR TOMORROW, BUT NOW AND IF I DON'T GET IT I'LL POST ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA ABOUT HOW ACCURASCALE ARE RUBBISH AND YOU'D NEVER SEE THIS LEVEL OF BAD SERVICE FROM OTHER MANUFACTURERS AND I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ACCURSCALE LOCO EVER AGAIN AS THEY'RE ALL USELESS AND DON'T CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND.... AND... AND.... AND 

Only kidding....

Yes it’s disgusting how mine turned up on a Sunday morning while I was having a lie in and I had to get up to answer the door

I’m putting my foot through the screen and sending accurascale the bill 

8C8FBA92-265B-40AE-BA5C-1FF328064850.thumb.jpeg.2b2e93ae6121a975504bad3c623ec451.jpeg

• Funny 10

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Only kidding....

Except nobody, nobody has done that.  Why pretend they have? Your response actually makes me think you are projecting?  They’ll come when they come, it’s a model train….

• Moderators
1 minute ago, aureol40012 said:

Except nobody, nobody has done that.

I've seen plenty of overreaction so the post is reflective rather than projecting.

• Agree 8

• RMweb Gold

The biggest issue here, and it is a generic one as it happens with all pre-orders, is when stock eventually arrives and deliveries finally do get scheduled you have no control over whether it coincides with your holidays or any other absences. With a bog-standard mail order item you time placing your order so you can avoid arrivals on days you are unlikely to be in. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Except nobody, nobody has done that.  Why pretend they have? Your response actually makes me think you are projecting?  They’ll come when they come, it’s a model train….

You seem not have read my last line of my post

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, newbryford said:

15 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I've seen plenty of overreaction so the post is reflective rather than projecting.

Thought id opened Twitter instead of RMWeb for a moment 

• Like 2
  • Funny 7

17 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Not on here, and you know that I’ve been one to pull people on on their overreactions with regards to these locos over the last week or so on more than once occasion.

13 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Yeah, I did, but “I was only having a laugh mate” isn’t a get out of jail free card to say whatever you want without consequence, despite how frequently people seek to use it.

Edited by aureol40012