DELTIC MODELS TO BE PRODUCED FOR LOCOMOTIONMODELS, RAILS LIMITED AND DELTIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY

• RMweb Premium
Just now, aureol40012 said:

Yeah, I did, but “I was only having a laugh mate” isn’t a get out of jail free card to say whatever you want, despite how frequently people seek to use it.

faceplam.jpg.2da7642a29832c78fbb6a3e3547aed5e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Why? Do you need help with your crashed one?

No but I’ve had mine for 10 days now and I’m bored of it. At least it’s nicely run in now. So much so it’s wheels have got smaller.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Wolf27 said:

No but I’ve had mine for 10 days now and I’m bored of it. At least it’s nicely run in now. So much so it’s wheels have got smaller.

Does that mean it will go round radius 1 curves now?

• Funny 4

3 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Does that mean it will go round radius 1 curves now?

What’s a first radius curve? Surely that’s a corner? I’ve not seen one of those since I was a wee nipper.

• Funny 1

I've just been requested for the balance of payment for my depleted Uranium, sorry KOYLI - duly paid.

Now my nervous anticipation has started - can't wait.  Videos look great.

Hopefully no 'rattles', but there's plenty of glue ready - may have to lay off the coffees for a while!!

Al.

Received notification this morning from UPS of dispatch of 1980 KOYLI due between 11 and 3pm! and now just received email from Rails that Tulyar has been dispactched. Will try not to waste too much time staring out the window in anticipation....  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mine is on the way, not happy with UPS's system (or lack of it!) to try to change or delay the delivery point. Couldn't get into the system due to technical problems for nearly 3 hours and if/when you do get in it is already on the truck you can't change the destination until delivery fails. If the driver then leaves it on the step (as some do) rather than takes it back onto the van you are stuffed!

Edited by john new

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Tiddles47 said:

My KOYLI arrived while i was out and left by UPS in the bushes in the garden, despite being given a 4hr time slot. Aannyywaaayyyy.. initial inspection is good nothing broken or missing.  Stunning. 

FA248BC9-6336-4BEA-A4BA-07E834DA72D1.jpeg

Similar experience. Not at home today but it has apparently been delivered to - other! (No details of that available even via the UPS app). I am now trying to get a neighbour to establish where it is and take it in for me. What really p****s me off is that the UPS app does not allow you to arrange a re-delivery point until they have failed to deliver it - that would be OK IF they took it back onto the van when you are out. I was trying to get the address reset to the local UPS drop off point but couldn't. The courier industry is not fit for purpose.

update: contacted a neighbour by text, retrieved and it is now safely lodged awaiting the end of this mini-holiday break. A satisfactory outcome to bad service by UPS. Yes their drivers, like all courier staff, are hard pressed but they still need to follow company procedures. Their (UPS’s) system, albeit a poor one in my opinion, would work IF the process they set out for customers to follow regarding redirecting parcels was actually followed by ALL their local staff both at dispatch point

(they didn’t pre-email despite policy saying they do) and by the last link in the chain at your doorstep.

Edited by john new
See update

6 minutes ago, john new said:

Similar experience. Not at home today but it has apparently been delivered to - other! (No details of that available even via the UPS app). I am now trying to get a neighbour to establish where it is and take it in for me. What really p****s me off is that the UPS app does not allow you to arrange a re-delivery point until they have failed to deliver it - that would be OK IF they took it back onto the van when you are out. I was trying to get the address reset to the local UPS drop off point but couldn't. The courier industry is not fit for purpose.

I had that problem too, i wanted to rearrange delivery and despite registering on the website it wouldnt let me.  Plus I didn’t want the other 1/2 to see so was keen to get out and take him to work before the van arrived!!  But at least the driver put it in a bush near the door. 

• Informative/Useful 1

4 minutes ago, Tiddles47 said:

I had that problem too, i wanted to rearrange delivery and despite registering on the website it wouldnt let me.  Plus I didn’t want the other 1/2 to see so was keen to get out and take him to work before the van arrived!!  But at least the driver put it in a bush near the door. 

its a bit of an expensive delivery to have left laying around under a bush somewhere. What would happen if it went missing before the owner could collect?

I think I expect a better standard of delivery than that

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Sadly the UK courier industry is not fit for purpose but the national powers that be don't seem to care about properly regulating it. Apologies Mods if this is a political point but it does require proper legislation and regulation and that can only come from a national regulator - OFCOM? If it is within OFCOM's existing remit they are totally failing to get this type of thing properly regulated and courier companies heavily fined for their repeated  failures to follow their own procedures.

In the above posts there are examples of three failures from one group of parcels sent out from one dispatching point via just one of the mainstream courier companies.

• RMweb Gold

I’m afraid whichever company is used it’s basically down to the man in the van. I think we must also bear in mind that since the start of the pandemic now over two years ago,we have needed to depend upon them more so than ever.

Consequently,such companies are overstretched in terms of manpower….human resource…call,it what you will and stretch means give I’m afraid. 

I’ve had literally to depend on them for my very existence during that period. Firstly,I needed to be carer for my wife for a year prior to her death….literally from the Covid get-go .Then a few months later I had to admit myself to hospital with what turned out to be a serious cardiac issue which needed a complex operation,During this procedure,things did not go well and my son was informed not to pin too many hopes on my survival. But here I am,some eight months on,glad to be alive and enjoying my Deltics and the great cameraderie of this forum.

So you see,I’ve needed my men and women in vans,whether it’s Sainsbury online,my pharmacist for essential medication ,my Amazon Prime (books to read to while away the time whilst I couldn’t get about)…..and of course those wonderful great big cardboard boxes of delights we all hanker after. 

Yes it’s frustrating if things don’t go to pinpoint precision,I know. But be happy we have this facility….please.

• Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived safely this morning and was placed in the ‘Post/Papers/Parcels’ box outside the front door, all well within the four hour delivery window. Surprised that he didn’t ring the bell but otherwise all fine. The model is absolutely stunning and all four chains fully attached. A truly great model and hopefully a small contribution to the NRM as well. Many thanks Accurascale, looking forward to the 37, 92, Manor et al!!

All the best

Godfrey

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Godfrey Glyn said:

Mine arrived safely this morning and was placed in the ‘Post/Papers/Parcels’ box outside the front door, all well within the four hour delivery window. Surprised that he didn’t ring the bell but otherwise all fine. The model is absolutely stunning and all four chains fully attached. A truly great model and hopefully a small contribution to the NRM as well. Many thanks Accurascale, looking forward to the 37, 92, Manor et al!!

All the best

Godfrey

That's excellent news ,thanks for posting.  

• Like 1