New TV series with Dan Cruickshank

darren01

Hi,

It is only tv after all, and with the ads edited out Dan makes it a pleasant enough 45mins given how 'entertaining' such programming tends to have be these days cool.gif

Next week it's 'Brilliant Brunel'- now, who can resist that laugh.gif

Regards, Gerry.

I wish I had. Dan trotted out the same old stuff, doing the usual thing of implying that Brunel was the only engineer to do anything of note, rather than recognising that he was a brilliant but too often flawed engineer. He was probably the best self publicist of his era, a sort of Victorian Clive Sinclair.

Popularist programmes like this about Brunel completely overshadow the work of his peers, which is an insult to their pioneering work.

• RMweb Premium

How many more times do we need the history of the GWR? - Waterman, Portillo, now Cruikshank - And did anybody else notice the other howler, as he was talking about the locos of the mighty GWR - cut to 45xx tanks, Kings, Castles, Manors, Ivatt 2MT ???? :huh: :rolleyes:

• RMweb Premium

Nothing new in the last episode either - but somehow, I missed on the grapevine that the opening sequence with 46115 on a (clean and single liveried for once) set of WCRC Mk1s was filmed at Lancaster - so 45156 s not visible on TV again!

I happened to catch 'Great Railway Adventures' with Dan C. this morning. 10 minutes was about all I could stand! I'm not a child and so presentation in a style once reserved for childrens television is off-putting to say the least. Worse, the man sounds like a bl**dy anarak.

Archived