Bala Town

Andrew P

Happy New Year ANDY. Thread found and followed.

Ray.

Cheers Ray, Hope you and Polly had a good festive season and LOTS of O Gauge offerings ready for your new project, and one for me to follow.

All the best.

I can't keep up with you mate :)

Happy New Year Andy - now following.

regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian, Even I struggle to up with ME, :O  haha, but I do take things slower, and enjoy it more now.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

IMO a sensible split.

Call it Andy's TOPS-it I guess; wising you better luck than the Brex- version has had so far.   :sungum:

Colin

Cheers Colin, the split had to come, it would just never work as two periods so far apart in one Layout.

Thanks for your support mate.

First day of the new year and another layout is born.  Now, who would have predicted that?  :jester:

Happy New Year Andy, let's hope you have much better health than the year just gone.

Thanks Mick, I'm keeping my head low and avoiding yellow boxes with flashing lights.

Bala is already having a calming influence on me. :scratchhead:

• Like 2

Happy New Year Andy....

Will follow Bala with ( as I always do with  everything you undertake) interest......you're an inspiring star matey......as well as a True Gent......

Regards always....

Bob

Thanks Mick, I'm keeping my head low and avoiding yellow boxes with flashing lights.

I was really glad of a yellow box the week before christmas at about 9.00pm on the 20th. :locomotive:

This car was overtaking me then pulled up in front quite abruptly for no apparent reason.  This forenner bloke came running over shouting no diesel! no diesel! baby! baby!

Sure enough he'd run out of fuel and there was his partner (I assume) in the front seat starting to give birth.

Well, what do you do with cold hands, no wellies and an apron to put on, panick of course! :jester:

I phoned 999 and was just about to give directions when I saw an ambulance coming about 100yards away, jumping and waving my arms about like a lunatic I managed to flag it down.  It stopped thankfully and the rest is history.  Now that was lucky, although the hospital was only about a mile and a half away I guess there is always one about up and down that road.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Happy New Year Andy....

Will follow Bala with ( as I always do with  everything you undertake) interest......you're an inspiring star matey......as well as a True Gent......

Regards always....

Bob

Cheers Bob, Not to sure about the True Gent bit though, people who have met me might disagree. 

I hope I can do it justice.

I was really glad of a yellow box the week before christmas at about 9.00pm on the 20th. :locomotive:

This car was overtaking me then pulled up in front quite abruptly for no apparent reason.  This forenner bloke came running over shouting no diesel! no diesel! baby! baby!

Sure enough he'd run out of fuel and there was his partner (I assume) in the front seat starting to give birth.

Well, what do you do with cold hands, no wellies and an apron to put on, panick of course! :jester:

I phoned 999 and was just about to give directions when I saw an ambulance coming about 100yards away, jumping and waving my arms about like a lunatic I managed to flag it down.  It stopped thankfully and the rest is history.  Now that was lucky, although the hospital was only about a mile and a half away I guess there is always one about up and down that road.

Sometimes you need some luck, and he had both bad and good in equal measures that night, as did you.

I go away for a few days and Dr Beeching has axed Dore End!!

Look forward to following your new venture.

Regards, Deano.

Thanks Deano, Yes Dore End has gone, but Bala will rise from the ashes.

So the 'Big Reveal' is here....

Well firstly thank you for the blue 08....

Good luck with the Bala Town project - sounds great...I will follow with interest...looks superb so far

How do you do it all so quickly...????

Happy New Year Andy

I have just found the new thread. This is looking like another great layout.

Morning Andy, And thanks, there are so many Kettle lovers on R M Web including myself, although Blue Diesels are still my favourite species, and they cant be interbred. 

So the 'Big Reveal' is here....

Well firstly thank you for the blue 08....

Good luck with the Bala Town project - sounds great...I will follow with interest...looks superb so far

How do you do it all so quickly...????

Thanks mate, Glad the 08's good and your enjoying it, my Blue Period will be TOPS and Railfreight, so the ''D'' prefix was a bit early for me.

As for quick, well the main track, Station and Goods Yard was laid a few weeks ago, all I've done over Christmas is remove the  joining half circle inking it to Seven Mills, and head shunt to reduce it in size a little.

Resistance is futile, and you know it, haha.

I REALLY REALLY should have got one of the 74X's in Hattons Sale to make up the set.

74XX still in their bargain range although I dont know if the price is the same as it was in the sale - I suspect not

https://www.hattons.co.uk/223722/Dapol_7S_025_002_Class_74xx_0_6_0PT_pannier_7444_in_BR_black_with_late_crest/StockDetail.aspx

If you still want one

Paul R

74XX still in their bargain range although I dont know if the price is the same as it was in the sale - I suspect not

https://www.hattons.co.uk/223722/Dapol_7S_025_002_Class_74xx_0_6_0PT_pannier_7444_in_BR_black_with_late_crest/StockDetail.aspx

If you still want one

Paul R

Cheers Paul, Yes, just looked again and it is still the same price, £295 compared to RRP of £400 so not a bad price.

BUT BUT BUT, just realised the Dapol 45XX Prairie will be out in a few weeks, and I have one on pre order, I need to watch the pennies. :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Cheers Paul, Yes, just looked again and it is still the same price, £295 compared to RRP of £400 so not a bad price.

BUT BUT BUT, just realised the Dapol 45XX Prairie will be out in a few weeks, and I have one on pre order, I need to watch the pennies. :sungum:

They seem to have more than 10 in stock so you may be lucky and still find it at this price in a  few months

regards

Paul R

I had my eye on one of them but SWMBO tells me it wasn't prototypical for the planned layout scenario so will have to wait for the 14xx.

• Like 1