Bala Town

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Have to say, I agree with your move there, looks a lot better.  The length must be an optical thing, but it does make the run look longer, your right!  Thoughts with your Mum and you, not wishing to take the thread off topic, but I hope the situation is improving.  All the best to both you.

Rich

• RMweb Premium

Hi Guys, a small update on BT.

Between Hospital visits I've ripped up BT and put a curve in it. It just felt to strait even though it worked well, it now flows better and looks longer.

I've also added a Bay Platform, and as suggested by Hartleymartin / Martin Hartley I'm also adding a single Road Engine Shed etc.

attachicon.gifBALA TOWN (2).png

attachicon.gifIMG_6583.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6576 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6574.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6582.JPG

Also the Ivatt 2MT arrived this evening, WOW.

attachicon.gifIMG_6577.JPG

Still needs wiring over the next couple of weeks.

Did you take lessons from Coachmann, whilst he was on here? He was always ripping the track up and relaying it in an instant.

It does make a big improvement in the looks. Great stuff!

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Have to say, I agree with your move there, looks a lot better.  The length must be an optical thing, but it does make the run look longer, your right!  Thoughts with your Mum and you, not wishing to take the thread off topic, but I hope the situation is improving.  All the best to both you.

Rich

Morning Rich, I'm glad the new layout works, as it was it working really well before, but every time I looked at it, I sensed there was something that just didn't jell.

Cheers.

Edited by Andrew P

Now that looks much better Buddy,  more interesting with the curved tracks....

Cheers mate, I'm looking forward to you coming down soon, once I've finished sorting out the Hall, and Mum is a little better.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Stop playing with it or it will fall off.........well that's what my mum use to say.

One day you will build a layout and think to yourself "This is it". Then no one would look at your thread because it will become boring.

Brumm Brumm Brumm Brumm......is that a flying banana I hear in the distance?

Did you take lessons from Coachmann, whilst he was on here? He was always ripping the track up and relaying it in an instant.

It does make a big improvement in the looks. Great stuff!

Thanks SS.

Haha, Larry was a great teacher on here, and as far as I'm concerned he is sadly missed. The speed at which he worked on Carrog and the quality of his workmanship was astounding.

We met at David / Jintymans back in November, and I have to say, although some on here may have found him to be a little outspoken at times, I found him to be a real Gent, and was just happy to talk Railways etc. :sungum: He is now on the DCC Concepts Forum and will be starting his new Layout quite soon.

BTW, I thinks that this IS the FINAL Track Plan, :O  but never say NEVER. :no:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Stop playing with it or it will fall off.........well that's what my mum use to say.

One day you will build a layout and think to yourself "This is it". Then no one would look at your thread because it will become boring.

Brumm Brumm Brumm Brumm......is that a flying banana I hear in the distance?

When ever I build MY ultimate Layout, I tend to sell it for some reason, maybe its because I have accomplished what I set out to achieve, maybe its because I have seen something at a show, on here, or in a Mag, that has sparked a new idea  / direction, I really don't know, all I do know is, that it has cost me a small fortune in Timber, Track and Wire over the years, but I don't think, or hope that I will ever change, as I love the creativity of building Model Railways, form many different styles and era's.

Now when is that Hattons 66 due out? :scared:  

• Like 5

Hi Andy,

Coming out of "retirement" to say Hi.  Your two layouts look great in the making, the refinements are working well.  I like that Ivatt (I have the tender version at Penmaenpool, courtesy of Larry G).  Sorry to learn your Mum is in hospital, you've got a lot on your plate.

Back to the salt mines.

Best, Paul

Looking good with the bay. Now you just need some power so we can hear that loco clanking in, 

Cheers Scott, I will do a Video once things settle down again, but in the meantime you can always check out Trebudoc on You Tube, under Andy Peters Model Railways. :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Andy,

Coming out of "retirement" to say Hi.  Your two layouts look great in the making, the refinements are working well.  I like that Ivatt (I have the tender version at Penmaenpool, courtesy of Larry G).  Sorry to learn your Mum is in hospital, you've got a lot on your plate.

Back to the salt mines.

Best, Paul

Hi Paul, Glad to see you emerge from the Dark Side to look back on RM W, although I did pop into the OTHER SIDE earlier today.

On the advice of young George T of this Parish, I have purchased an L Cut Engine Shed this evening.

post-9335-0-56670700-1547935093_thumb.jpg

YES I know its NOT prototypical.

Not Great Western,

And Bala didn't have one to my limited knowledge.

But Rule #1 will apply.

• Like 13

I use LCut a lot, especially their windows and doors so you'll have a good model there.

The only thing I would point out is that, in my opinion, the doors on the picture are the wrong way round.

Normally the ledge and braces are on the internal face leaving the vertical boarding smooth externally (expect for bolt heads etc) mainly so rainwater could just run off plus it looked neater.

Hope everything is OK and sorry to hear your mum's in hospital.

I use LCut a lot, especially their windows and doors so you'll have a good model there.

The only thing I would point out is that, in my opinion, the doors on the picture are the wrong way round.

Normally the ledge and braces are on the internal face leaving the vertical boarding smooth externally (expect for bolt heads etc) mainly so rainwater could just run off plus it looked neater.

Hope everything is OK and sorry to hear your mum's in hospital.

Thanks Kevin, I kept looking at the building yesterday, and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, now you've said, it's so bloomin obvious :no: , cheers for that.

Off to Hospital again shortly.

Edited by Andrew P

Like the changes Andy does make a big difference even though it's only a small change. Hope all is well with Mum it's a very difficult time for you i know I've been though it myself a few years ago,  your in my thoughts and prayers mate.

Chilling out this evening, but a busy day again tomorrow Martin.

Really pleased with the curve along the front, its made such a difference when I walk into TOPS and look along its length, and also now with the inclusion of the Bay for that Autotrain, and Loco Shed, operation will be more interesting.

Are you going to Stafford? I'll be there on the Saturday and meeting George for Breakfast.

• Like 3

Really pleased with the curve along the front, its made such a difference when I walk into TOPS and look along its length, and also now with the inclusion of the Bay for that Autotrain, and Loco Shed, operation will be more interesting.

Are you going to Stafford? I'll be there on the Saturday and meeting George for Breakfast.

Morning Andy , yes the Norton Cross Gang are attending Stafford arriving by train & vintage bus  from Runcorn -on- Mersey look forward to meeting up again cheers 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I might sneak out for a early breakfast and join you Andy.

Eltel / Terry

• Like 1