Aster LGB K28 rolling stock

Mr Grumpy

Hi,

After many years away, I have come back to garden railways. My previous line was run with 16mm coal and gas fired locos.

I always wanted a K28 so couldn’t resist when one came up.

My question is this:

My K28 is built to 1:22.5. I really like the Accucraft Jackson Sharp coaches, but they are built to 1:20.3. Is the ratio significantly different to look totally wrong or will they look ok? I seem to remember back in the day people mixed 16mm and G scale quite happily?

Thanks

Richard

It's your railway Richard so do it which ever way and use whatever you like to, as long as you are happy with it,  just ignore the rivet counters like what i do with all my stuff.  :jester: Looking forward to seeing the progress. :)

Well you didn't sound grumpy to me when you called! Sorry I wasn't able to help directly.

No probs Neil, I appreciate any advice I can get at present :-)

It would be handy to stand a coach next to the loco and get a feel for it. Perhaps I’m being a tad pedantic lol!!

• Like 1

The prototype Jackson Sharp coaches tend to tower over the tenders of the 2-8-2 locos this effect may be more pronounced with 1:20.3 coaches coupled to a 1:22.5 loco.

post-7338-0-55496200-1546931680.jpg

A number of modelers have used extended Bachmann or LGB coaches with the Aster K28 and Accucraft 1:20.3 DRGW 2-8-2 locos and the overall appearance looks reasonable

Some photos of a 1:20.3 caboose and an LGB Pagosa Coach for comparison.

post-7338-0-23811200-1546933305_thumb.jpg

post-7338-0-09149800-1546933329_thumb.jpg

Edited by John M
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1