Blog- Hornby 142 Upgrades - BIL 'Hazard Lights' In

Today, my DCC Concepts order arrived - so it was time to fit the bodyside indicators.

I have used DCC Concepts MicroLights - these are pre-wired LED's measuring less than 1mm in either direction. I could have used any surface mount LED but the benefit of them being pre-wired is a necessity for me at this size!

I bought a 0.5mm drill to make a hole for the wires to pass through and just stuck the LED on the surface with Loctite.

Not a great photo at the moment - My wife took the photo while I held the wires against my multimeter.

Still en-route is the two speakers and the Howes sound decoder, I still have to decide on the LEDs used to fit head & tail lights.

I also ordered some 1.6mm 'Butterfly' LEDs which I am planning to use for cab and passenger lights. I'm currently waiting for a new soldering iron before I construct a stripboard 'roof unit' which will contain all resistors for the cab, saloon and BIL lights - when I have this along with the decoder I'll be
able to take some better photos! Then I just need to think about micro plugs to connect the two units.

Does anyone know how I can insert more than one photo into a blog post?

Fred

View the full article