A very nice model of a strange prototype, especially given the LNWR's propensity to use standard parts.

IIRC at various times in the 1930s an L&Y pug and a CR pug were shedded there. I don't think that I have ever seen a reference to what was shedded there pre-grouping.

The shed was pre LNWR ( Shropshire Union) and Peter built this for myTrench Sidings layout. The shed closed in 1943 and the loco allocated there moved to Wellington shed and after shunting the LMS yard at Wellington would run down to Trench and shunt there. Whilst there is no definitive pregroup allocation I have a photo of one of the Ramsbottom 0-4-0 tanks which could be at Trench as it is coupled to a Shropshire Iron Co wagon. Certainly from my perspective I will be building one of the London Rd models when it is avaliable.

David

The shed was a sub shed of Shrewsbury LNWR so in 1912 Shrewsbury had 3033, 3070 and 3241 all Ramsbottom 0-4-0 tanks. In 1927 the shed still had 3 0-4-0 tanks now renumbered 7212, 7213 and 7214. There is no other class of Engine allocated to Shrewsbury that would fit the bill in terms of short wheelbase and weight except the 0-4-0 tanks. Although the shed closed in 1943 it was still standing in the 1960s and I used to cycle past it regularly when I lived in Trench. All was swept away with the building of Telford New Town in the late 1960s.

I included photos of the shed in my book The Railways of Telford (Crowood Press).

Davidpost-20690-0-37889400-1547543968_thumb.jpeg