Mark 5, By Accurascale

3 hours ago, E100 said:

There was previously a thread on the 73/9 where it was discussed but I cannot find that thread anymore. However, the appeal is large as they cover a very large geographic area between GBRF, Caley Sleeper and NR, whilst being a somewhat heritage asset. Therefore most modern image modelers could justify one. Arguably more than both sets of Mk5's combined.

One of the smaller suppliers put out an expression of interest form, and there was a thread about it, but I couldn't find it either.

2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Depending on what they wanted to pull. Most of what they do with GBRF (other than CS stuff) and NR is the same as what 37s do and so are people already sorted in this regard? I think I'd have a 73/9 if one was made, but it wouldn't be a surefire purchase because I have plenty of 37s for PLPR duties.

CS 73/9's often running in pairs, would offer decent sales you'd think. I'd certainly pick up one and a second if the price was reasonable.

5 minutes ago, Iskra said:

One of the smaller suppliers put out an expression of interest form, and there was a thread about it, but I couldn't find it either.

It was KMS Railtech who were looking to do it with Accurascale. As far as I am aware Accurascale are no longer involved but the project has not been declared dead.

6 minutes ago, Iskra said:

CS 73/9's often running in pairs, would offer decent sales you'd think.

I don't think they'd be a bad seller at all, it's just that they are still fairly niche in terms of present day locos IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We have begun sending out the invoices in advance notice of the Caledonian Mark 5s. Please note that there 60 days to pay, so it's giving you plenty of notice and a couple of pay days in between now and delivery. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

32 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We have begun sending out the invoices in advance notice of the Caledonian Mark 5s. Please note that there 60 days to pay, so it's giving you plenty of notice and a couple of pay days in between now and delivery. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Have the gone up slightly in price since they were announced?

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

So does this imply that the sleepers will arrive before the TPE Mk5s? I have both on order so need to know the stiffness of drink I'll require before paying the balance. 

Question is will your coaches arrive before Dapol's latest batch of 68s? And will the colours match!? I do think it would be good in these situations where manufacturers are making complimentary trains if they could share paint. If Dapol could give (sell?) you their TPE paint, and you could sell Caledonian sleeper teal to whoever ends up making the 73/9s. 

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

No, we have maintained the same price since launch.

Cheers!

Fran 

Which is to be commended since prices have only been going up and up with everyone else. Many models have had one or ven two price rises since announcement.  I just hope you're still making a decent profit on them. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

So does this imply that the sleepers will arrive before the TPE Mk5s? I have both on order so need to know the stiffness of drink I'll require before paying the balance. 

Question is will your coaches arrive before Dapol's latest batch of 68s? And will the colours match!? I do think it would be good in these situations where manufacturers are making complimentary trains if they could share paint. If Dapol could give (sell?) you their TPE paint, and you could sell Caledonian sleeper teal to whoever ends up making the 73/9s. 

No need to compare notes as ours will be 100% accurate. :) 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

They're in production but not as far advanced as the sleepers. The sleepers will arrive first.

Cheers!

Fran 

Does that mean to say that the sleepers are about 2 months away? Best get my backside into gear and get some ordered then!

How soon after (approx) are the 5as?

59 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

and you could sell Caledonian sleeper teal to whoever ends up making the 73/9s. 

The 73s and 92s don't match the sleepers anyway, they're a darker shade. Whether Brush or CAF got it wrong, or it's simply the nearest match, who knows? I presume the sleepers are painted, if they're vinyl that could also explain the variation. It's consistent in all lights though.

Link from Flickr.

92014 Ashton

Jo

• Like 5

On 09/06/2022 at 16:35, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

@McC@Accurascale Fran  I have one pack on order of the Highlander Pack 3 which I paid in full I have and would I need to pay for it again or not?

Edited by GWR 802006

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, GWR 802006 said:

@McC@Accurascale Fran  I have one pack on order of the Highlander Pack 3 which I paid in full I have and would I need to pay for it again or not?

while we’d love to take your money again, if it’s already paid in full then it’s paid in full? Not sure why you would have to pay twice but maybe drop support and email with your order number if you’ve any concerns 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

TPE Mk5s invoices being issued.....

8 weeks to go.

I'm looking forward to these more than big blue/green/purple throbbing things.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1