RevolutioN/Accurascale MK.5/MK.5A coaching stock/DT

TomE

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Floreat Industria said:

Do you really mean the first in Passenger Service. TP09 had that honour on 24 August, followed by TP11 on 28 August and TP04 on 19 September. TP06 has been accepted but not yet entered service. TP01,02,03 and 05 are in secure storage at Longtown for the time being. 

Hasn't been decided yet but if they were the first two in service then yes, prob one of those.  

Thanks for the info.

cheers

Ben A.

• Informative/Useful 1

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply.

It's hard to find which ones were dragged via the GWML but judging from various internet sources, it sounds like TP09 was the one with (loose) plastic covering that came through on 15 Nov 2018 behind an ex-Northern Belle 57, so that would do me OK.  I could add a plastic cover if needs be!

My first sighting would have been an uncovered unit on 2nd October 2018 but not sure which unit that was... maybe TP06?

So, it sounds like TP09 would be my choice, based on Floreat Industria's post...assuming the other sources were correct about the drag!

Thanks,

Ixion.

On 01/10/2019 at 10:48, 97403_Ixion said:

It's hard to find which ones were dragged via the GWML but judging from various internet sources, it sounds like TP09 was the one with (loose) plastic covering that came through on 15 Nov 2018 behind an ex-Northern Belle 57, so that would do me OK.  I could add a plastic cover if needs be!

My first sighting would have been an uncovered unit on 2nd October 2018 but not sure which unit that was... maybe TP06?

Yes, TP09 was dragged north on 15/11/18 and TP06 was on 2/10/18

Out of interest, the last but one to be delivered, TP13, came north yesterday, 1/10/19.

Edited by Floreat Industria
Additional information
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two other sets have now entered service. TP12 took its first passengers on the 5th and TP06 on the 12th October.

TP07,08 (currently accumulating mileage prior to acceptance) and 13 have yet to be accepted and as mentioned before TP01,02,03 and 05 are in store. The last one,TP10, and a spare driving trailer should be delivered before long.

Edited by Floreat Industria
typo

I've just been looking at Revolution Trains' website for the MK5 TPE loco hauled push-pull coach set, and would love to buy one!

But just a quick question... Are they 'Limited Editions'? meaning I have to buy one rather soonish, as I'm sure they'll sell out soon?

Sam

Yes they are, effectively, a limited edition. You can buy at the Revolution price until the order book closes, or from a few retailers after they have been delivered. The retailer price will typically be higher than the pre-order price.

Regards,

John P

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Revolution Mike said:

Hi Spenc

You can see any estimates we have by clicking on Projects on our website.

Cheers Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks just had a look looking forward for them to arrive got 2 lonely locos waiting for them.

Cheers Steve 

20210515_123930.jpg

Edited by spenc
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Had a close up look at the Mk.5s at TINGs (thanks Ben & Mike!) 

They promise to be some of, if not the best, coaching stock produced in N Gauge to date. 

revolution-mk5-7.jpg.71eaba12612812e59ef6f0fcf589a0c9.jpg

There are more pics along with a round up of other Revolution projects here

Tom. 

Edited by TomE
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Ben/Mike/Revolution,

As the Mk5/5a deadline is approaching very fast (28th Feb 2022, according to the Projects page), has it been decided yet which unit numbers are being produced for the Mk5a TPE units?

I gather Accurascale's are to be TP01 and TP02 but are Revolution's N-gauge ones the same?

I really want to get one but would to like make a choice that best suits me.

Thanks in advance,

Ixion.

Help please!

With today as the quoted deadline for orders of the Mk5/5a coaches, does anyone know which Mk5a Nova3 sets are being produced?

I cannot find any reference on here, on the Revolution website or response to queries... though I expect Model Rail Scotland has taken focus so not complaining there, but I hope someone knows?

Thanks,

Ixion

9 hours ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Help please!

With today as the quoted deadline for orders of the Mk5/5a coaches, does anyone know which Mk5a Nova3 sets are being produced?

I cannot find any reference on here, on the Revolution website or response to queries... though I expect Model Rail Scotland has taken focus so not complaining there, but I hope someone knows?

Thanks,

Ixion

Anyone?  Appealing to anyone who may know...

50 minutes until the deadline closes and despite a very deep search, the ID's of the two TPE Mk5a units are still apparently unknown.

Thanks,

Ixion.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi there

In the Revolution N gauge versions, Pack 1 is TP04, with destinations Scarborough and Liverpool Lime St, and Pack 2 has the vehicles numbered to represent set TP09, with destinations Scarborough and Manchester Airport.

Apologies for the late reply but we have just got back from the Glasgow Show - a fun, but exhausting, weekend.  In practice I suspect we haven't yet deactivated the order buttons on the website's e-commerce platform, so if you want to make changes you probably still can for the next few hours.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben

3 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi there

In the Revolution N gauge versions, Pack 1 is TP04, with destinations Scarborough and Liverpool Lime St, and Pack 2 has the vehicles numbered to represent set TP09, with destinations Scarborough and Manchester Airport.

Apologies for the late reply but we have just got back from the Glasgow Show - a fun, but exhausting, weekend.  In practice I suspect we haven't yet deactivated the order buttons on the website's e-commerce platform, so if you want to make changes you probably still can for the next few hours.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply - I expected things were a bit hectic with the show at the weekend.

Can you tell me how I can change the order?

I had to assume the sets were TP01 and TP02... but my choice was one of the two that came past the GWML on their trip up North.  Hence, I was after either TP09 or TP06... so TP09 is my preference of the two (TP04/TP09).

Given the order had to be placed within the deadline, I ordered Pack 1 (thinking it would be the first of the sets, TP01).

Do I need to cancel the current order and if so, how do I do that?

I see the other one is still available to pre-order... so can get in quick...

20220225_060106.jpg.5a90678203378c6c7ea9853374235aa0.jpgHi Gang,

Oops…just managed to get an order in for an Aberdeen sleeper set before the deadline.

Well, I did travel on it to the SECC show last Thursday night!!!

Later,

Stu from EGVN

Edited by Stu from EGDL
  • Like 2