Busy day on the N Wales coast

Busy day on the North Wales coast line today. The first visit of a class 70 to Penmaenmawr, DRS 66's on the Valley flasks and the Royal train. I know a few members were out and about so post your pictures here.

The class 70 was 70002 and ran as 6L56 to Chesterton Jnc but the driver told me the 70 was coming off at Crewe!

post-7968-127238859277_thumb.jpg

post-7968-127238860416_thumb.jpg

Guest Digital

I was at mostyn and waited for the return runs. (Click the photos for larger images)

Fist Through was 66423 and 66427 on the Valley Flasks.

Next was The Royal train 67005 and 67006

Close behind was Class 70 70002 on the return working from Penmanmawr Quarry.

Thanks to Nick (Holland Park) for the tip off and the North Wales Trains News Group.

John

• RMweb Gold

My photos of the trains

The Royal train leaves Hooton in the morning, heading to Bangor

post-6662-127247496934_thumb.jpg

Dundas Sidings (site), Sandycroft

The flasks .. that bl££dy bush is growing too much

post-6662-127247497336_thumb.jpg

The Royal train returns .

post-6662-127247497687_thumb.jpg

The 70 passes

post-6662-127240087206_thumb.jpg

Another North Wales freight ..

post-6662-12724749803_thumb.jpg

and the 67s have a quiet night at Hooton with plenty of police around

post-6662-127247496617_thumb.jpg

So what was the route of the Royal Train (and who was on it)? It came passed my office in Shrewsbury today (about 1500 IIRC). Came from the south and went round the chord of the triangle to head towards Wolverhampton. 5 minutes later it came back and headed off south again! (but I don't know if it continued southwards, I can only see 2 parts of the triangle from my office).

• RMweb Gold

I visited Valley , Penmanmawr & othr locations along that line on saturday & didnt even see a pendo drag. Some great photos their hopefully i can see a ugly soon thats on my list of to see's.

Simon.

Saturdays "drag" was 2 X Voyager.

So what was the route of the Royal Train (and who was on it)? It came passed my office in Shrewsbury today (about 1500 IIRC). Came from the south and went round the chord of the triangle to head towards Wolverhampton. 5 minutes later it came back and headed off south again! (but I don't know if it continued southwards, I can only see 2 parts of the triangle from my office).

HRH went to Welshpool today, sounds like you saw the empty stock being turned on the angles, probably went off to Wolverton then

I Love the North Wales Coast Line, so much variety !

Ughhhh? Thou joketh surely. The real variety dissapeared in 1964.

But if that is going back too far, there were the 1970s, 80s and 90s.

But after that well........The odd ballast working, the odd flask, the Pendilno drags, the occasion steam run, and noddy units. Variety isn't the word for it.

Ughhhh? Thou joketh surely. The real variety dissapeared in 1964.

But if that is going back too far, there were the 1970s, 80s and 90s.

But after that well........The odd ballast working, the odd flask, the Pendilno drags, the occasion steam run, and noddy units. Variety isn't the word for it.

I remember the 80's well, Family Summer holidays spent atop the Beach huts overlooking Penmaenmawr station (pre A55) with all manner of loco hauled trains

The 90's with 47/8's DVT Drags and 37/4

And the Noughties with Flask, Ballast, RTZ and Railtour workings.

I was meaning variety in terms of loco liveries and variations. But I konw what you mean ! The halcyon days of the 80's and 90's are my favourite !

Archived